“Effortless chic, indulgent comfort”

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Ranked #57 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Effortless chic, indulgent comfort”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I've been at the Shore Club for the last week as part of a month-long trip to Miami for surgery and the subsequent recovery.

The Shore Club turned into my favourite part of the trip, mostly because of a number of exceptionally friendly and helpful staff (not all, but certainly a majority of the Shore Club team will go out of their way to help). There are exceptions - it can take what feels like an hour to obtain a cocktail on the beach, the daytime restaurant staff are slow (and forgetful - they manage to forget your cocktail order but it still magically appears on your check), and the bell staff are... well, let's say lacking urgency. But these were tiny and easily resolved niggles against a backdrop of front desk, concierge, housekeeping and evening restaurant staff who went all-out to make my stay special and recovery smooth. The evening restaurant staff were happy to prepare food that accommodated the nausea I was suffering post-surgery, the housekeeping staff were non-invasive and even happy to clean the bathroom as I slept, and the front desk and concierge helped me with extending my stay, booking car service etc. I found the staff at the Shore Club to be far superior to their sister hotel the Mondrian (the noise from the bar/pool is also less invasive than the Mondrian), and on a par with the other Morgans property The Delano (which, at least when I've been there, was far more expensive). I'd definitely repeat this visit to the Shore Club over my experiences at the other two properties.

The pool area was possibly my least favourite aspect of the hotel - it's not huge and there isn't a lot of beds that actually catch the sun if you're a sun-worshipper like me. You're far better off on the beach, which is right behind the pool and just perfect for a few hours tanning. I left with a killer tan! The beach staff can be a little slow (I went for a two-hour lunch and my empty mojito was still next to my bed when I returned), but they're friendly and personally I wasn't on the beach to be waited on - I just wanted lots of sun!

Nobu is awesome, and I liked the food at Terrazza. The vibe at the bar in the evening is a little quiet, but I think it's probably far busier at weekends.

I also liked the location of the Shore Club. It's only two blocks from Lincoln, so you don't really need a cab or car service for anything unless you want to go downtown or up to Bal Harbour. When I was feeling better, I even walked all the way along the beach to South Pointe Park then back up Collins to do some shopping at Zara and Urban Outfitters etc. Great exercise and a good way to tan if you're bored of laying still on a sun lounger.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank ikon12
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dearest "ikon12,"

Thanks for choosing Shore Club as your favorite part of the trip! We are happy you had a fabulous stay post surgery stay and left with a killer tan!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed recently at the Shore Club in Miami. I have stayed here many, many times over the years. It is, in fact, the only place I stay when in Miami for business- right combination of being in the center of the action without having to participate in it!

Front desk service- excellent. Responsive and professional.

Maintenance- Poor. I had a significant problem as the cold water in my shower didn't work and I was scalded whilst trying to have a shower. I'm on a business trip and no shower for 24 hours! I told the hotel about it before I left for the day, nothing fixed on my return. Finally taken care of.

Front desk manager- excellent. Sent up a bottle of Veuve and a lovely cheese plate for two as an apology. I was traveling by myself but the gesture was appreciated.

Bar Staff- Poor (evening of 12.12). At the outdoor bar it seemed like the staff were customers. Excessive flirting amongst them, unresponsive to customers, acting like they'd rather be in a club. Customers were having to bring their cheques to the bar for payout, customers waiting to be served, all while the staff were in their own little world. It appeared, as well, that the manager was amongst them!

A weird stay- one I am not anxious to repeat. My scalp is still sore from the shower.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are spacious and have epic views!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jesper_Sorensen, Hotel Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Stoaks,
Thank you for posting about your experience at Shore Club. I am very sorry and disappointed that this is what you experienced whilst with us as this is not normally how we conduct our business or treat our guests.
I would very much like the opportunity to discuss further with you. If I kindly could ask you to email me on jesper.soerensen@mhgc.com or contact me directly on +1 305 695 3284
Jesper Soerensen
New York City
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Having returned to shore club periodically over the last few years, and recently for a long weekend, it continues to be a great escape. The staff are amazing, go out of their way to get to know you, and make it fantastic including Latoya and Nicky at check in, DJ (Genie) and Jacinta (Guest experience), Ricky, Sarah and Rosie at the pool, Ghani in the restaurant, Alexandra (manager) and RIo and Ken (concierge desk). Rooms are large, pool is wonderful, and customer service is perfect. An ideal weekend trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dearest "PaulSNewYorkCity,"

Well bless your heart, sugar! You know how crazy everybody at Shore Club is about ya'll.... we love you to pieces! Thanks for always being so wonderful and bringing a smile to our faces. You are part of our family and we can't wait to have you back home again! Sending you lots of love from everyone here... xoxo

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I probably don't fit the targeted demographic for this hotel but enjoyed the experience.

Position is great close to the Delano and easy walking distance of Lincoln road .

The rooms are comfortable and minimalist in style. Great during the day with light flooding in from the wrap around window. However insufficient lighting in the room at night with only bed side lights to rely on. Service was satisfactory although a little bit on the slow side. With a little one in tow having the restaurant closed until 7 in the evening and having to negotiate for food was a bit disappointing.

Walking from the pool directly onto the beach is great. The pool area is something to experience. During art Basel I would describe it as somewhere between the wizard of oz and a biker convention. Some extremely interesting sites. Wonderful people watching. If you want a sleep by the pool beware. Party atmosphere entails loud music.

Pool service is friendly but I found it fairly inattentive and gave up waiting and walked to the bar on several occasions to get.

If you are young in mind or body and like to party this hotel is a good choice.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dearest "ccit33_12,"

Thank you for posting this review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay! We definitely had an artistic and eclectic crowd staying here for Art Basel. We do apologize if the service seemed a bit slow. The Terrazza restaurant does close at 4:30pm after lunch and then opens back up at 7pm for dinner. We do have our pool bar open during those off hours that service food items such as shrimp tacos, burgers, hummus platter, etc. Also our room service is 24 hours too. Hope to see you back again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Shore Club 2 weeks ago after returning from a cruise. Rooms are small but clean and the showers are amazing! Front Desk, Concierge and Pool Staff are all extremely helpful and attentive. We spent most of our time at the pool so the size of the room didn't matter much. If you can, get to the pool early and snag a poolside bed!

We had couples massages booked, weeks in advance but when we got there, we were put in separate rooms. What a disappointment. It also wasn't a full 60 minute massage, liked I asked for - half the time was spent on a exfoliating scrub. It was nice, but not what we booked. I have to say, compared to the front desk, concierge and pool - the spa was a let down, especially when I talked to the "Spa Coordinator" to book to make sure this was perfect for an anniversary.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Emily Q,"

First of all, Happy late Anniversary, my dear! We are glad you had a wonderful time and we are so happy you choose to spend this lovely occasion at Shore Club. Regarding the spa, all the treatments rooms have a shower except for the couple's room which has a bathtub. You are able to have the scrub together but have to shower in another room, then go back to the couple's room for the massage treatment... We do apologize for this inconvenience! Hope to see you again soon. Cheers!

Bermuda
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here three times now and find the Shore Club great. Staff are incredibly friendly and more than willing to help.

Rooms are basic but very clean, bathroom is very large we stayed in a King sweet with an ocean view, room is a good size. The pool area is amazing and the team there really do look after you, without being overbearing. I would recommend going to the beach, you do not need to fight for a bed and if you are looking for a little bit of quiet time, this is the place to be, there is a girl that comes out to take food and drink orders, so no need to worry!!

The only thing that I would find fault with would be that breakfast is not included in the price of the room, but that is not a big thing.

I would definitely recommend staying here.

Hope you enjoy it!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear "Jenkane1"

Thanks sweetheart for posting this fabulous review! We love having you here and hope to see you again for your 4th visit! xoxo

Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband and i stayed at Shore Club and i must say i was really satisfied with the customer service of the hotel.
The rooms are modern and we had an amazing ocean view. Beautiful!. The staff is friendly, the restaurants at the hotel are top notch, the location cannot be beat and the decor, pool areas are great.
We had a relaxing day in the pool laying around the cabanas, which have very good service where you can get nibbles and your drinks in the pool. Can't wait to go back.
You get what you pay for. The only downside i think is the very expensive valet parking at $35 per day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Kalifa282003,"

Thanks for the great mention of our fabulous customer service!! We do have the best staff in the world!