“Nice hotel for couples ”

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Ranked #56 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Was in Miami for a business meeting and this hotel was booked for me.
Nice and well situated, just across the beach. Standard fare breakfast with preposterously priced espresso. Has infinity pool, not used because of bad weather. Good for honeymooners but not for business if the meeting venue Miami - it is too time consuming to get there.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dearest "GLS-ALS,"

Thanks so much for your review! We are a great hotel both for couples and business travelers as well. If your business meeting is at the convention center, then we are just a few blocks away but if you are meeting downtown Miami, we about a 15 minute taxi ride. Also, the cost of our espresso is $4 plus tax which is competitive pricing to all the other hotels in South Beach. I do know that an espresso is exactly $2.09 at the local Starbucks which is about a half mile away from the hotel... If you would like to take the 10 minute walk down to Starbucks to save $2, then that is up to you!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Write a ReviewReviews (3,651)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is my 3rd visit to Miami Beach and my natural inclination is to try new places, locations and hotels.But the Shore Club keeps me coming back not only to South Beach but also I can't bring myself to try another hotel as my wife & I are so happy when we stay here.

Before we even arrived we received great service and advice from DJ with the original reservation back in August then from concierge Keston Superville a couple of weeks before arrival. More about Keston later but I knew with a name like that he couldn't let us down.

When we arrived after the long flight from London check-in was smooth and easy and we couldn't wait to get to our room with a view of the beach and a balcony (a must-have). The room was great however on the balcony you could hear the large air con units down below (not in the room I must add) so being picky I would request a room on the other side of the building and on a higher floor next time. Also there is extensive construction work going at the Continental Hotel next door but this isn't anyone's fault and it didn't inconvenience us too much.

We were here for my wife's birthday and the Shore Club suits us perfectly, the understated and relaxed atmosphere mixed with good service is ideal and everything you could want is within easy reach. Plus the hotel's location on South Beach is superb. Relaxing by the pool or out on the beach is the perfect way to spend a day in the Miami sunshine.

We made a couple of restaurant bookings before we arrived but whilst at the hotel I consulted Keston again who booked us a very nice restaurant for my wife's birthday & also sent some champagne & chocolate strawberries to our room as a surprise. This was a lovely touch and much appreciated by both of us. Keston couldn't have been more helpful, he obviously makes time for all guests who come to see him. In fairness the other concierges are great too but I dealt only with Keston on this trip.

I don't think a visit to South Beach would be the same without the Shore Club and the amazing guys and girls who work there. Already looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms with balcony on a high floor are worth any extra cost.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dearest "Devski05,"

Wow.. thank you so much for those kind words and Keston and me!! You are so sweet! We loved having you stay here again especially during your wife's birthday... Please hurry back again and visit us soon.

Lots of love from your family at Shore Club,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I wrote my review on my way back from from our trip this summer and realized it was never successfully submitted, so I am rewriting from memory (I feel horrible!!). Let me preempt my review by saying that I am an avid business and leisure traveler with more than 15-20 trips and stays per year in various Cities and Countries. This quite possibly was the best stay I've had yet in my years of traveling.

I was originally booked at the National Hotel. When they failed their fire inspections they also failed to notify their guests that all the bookings would be cancelled indefinitely. I found out with a weeks notice by stumbling upon an article about the fiasco. I called a handful of hotels that were all sold out and finally reached the Shore Club who still had some rooms available. From the first moment of contact the reservation receptionist was extremely helpful and accommodating. Offering me a rate for my conference discount that had already expired, but due to my situation she manually discounted it for me without hesitation. I also described how upset I was because this was not only a business trip where I needed to be close to the Expo Center, but I was bringing my wife along as a surprise anniversary trip. After calming down and realizing how great they did in solving my problems, I wrote to the hotel manager to praise their actions (I always try to write when I have stellar and terrible service both). I had a nice reply back from the GM DJ, who will prove to be truly amazing later.

When we arrived at the Shore Club there were some issues with my Business Credit Card, instead of keeping me down in the lobby until my bank straightened the charges out, they told me to just go to the room and relax, and to come back down when the bank called me back. Oh and by the way, they upgraded me to an Ocean View Suite without a word from me.

We walked in and were immediately blown away by the view, overlooking the Beach, pool and Cabanas. The room itself was spotless, all white and at comfortable temperature. Not more than 5 minutes later we hear a knock at the door. Room service carries in a plate of fruit, cheese, bread with a bottle of Champagne and a hand written card from DJ congratulating us on our 3rd year anniversary. We couldn't do anything but endlessly laugh, we were speechless. Our parents and friends wouldn't go this lengths for us let alone a hotel GM.

The remainder of the stay proved to as exceptional as the beginning. The guys working downstairs at the pool and beach took great care of my wife while I was working, even remembering her name after her return downstairs the second day. The entire staff is friendly and warm.

Even with construction going on feet from us, the room itself is very well sound proofed, our sleep was never disturbed. Thanks again to DJ for everything she did.

I may only visit Miami another half dozen times in my life, who knows. What I do know is anytime my wife, my family, my friends or myself return I will do my best that it's at the Shore Club.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dearest "Michaellcoates,"

WOW... thank you so much my dear for this fabulous review! I'm not actually the GM of the hotel but I am the "Shore Club Genie"... my job is to make all of our guest's wishes come true by having the best experience at Shore Club! I am so thankful that you had the best time and enjoyed everything we have to offer. I am always here and would love to have you come back anytime! Please hurry up and see us... Sending you lots of love from Shore Club! xo

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from traveling around the us and had to post a review because it was the best place we stayed out of 11 hotels in various North American locations in a month. The staff were really nice and looked after us from start to end ( especially Dorothy, thanks again.)Pool area was very nice with big day beds and lounges all around. Beach was a 1 minute walk from the hotel
And concierge was great (Keston) helping us get nba tickets at last minute ,highly recommended hotel !

• Stayed: November 2013

Dearest "Calosncorrina,"

Well thanks for the lovely compliment! It was a pleasure to meet you and we feel honored to be your favorite hotel!! Can you please come back asap.. we miss you! xo

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My credit card was used over and over again $13,000 WORTH OF FRAUDELENT CHARGES by the hotel to pay for a Group of employees for the auto show. I did not give the hotel permission to use my card for the group convention. Not only did the travel agency tell them to stop but I did also did by talking to the manager but they kept charging my card. FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I have been trying to get this corrected. Total of 19 separate charges, what a mess. I had to call Visa to put in a dispute. A lot of work having our accounting department process all these fraudelent charges. The time and money for our company to get this corrected by the hotel has costed us $1000's. THIS HOTEL GETS AN F FROM ME AND MY COMPANY.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank TAS S
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear "TAS S,"

This issue has been dealt with by our accounting department and has been resolved!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel to celebrate a bachelorette party and will never go back. We had reserved 2 large suites that accommodated our group of friends. We are all experienced travelers and made sure to not leave any keys behind and closely watch our belongings. We left our rooms for a few hours to enjoy a nice dinner and when we returned we realized we had been robbed. Our patio doors were wide open and it was evident someone had been in our room. We were on the second highest floor and the only way to access our room was from inside the hotel. We reported to the security the items that were stolen and they took a detailed report stating this will be handled immediately. It has been 4 months and the security department does not respond to emails or phone calls when we ask for status on the investigation. They refuse to share the report that highlights when a key was used to enter and exit our room. They have not offered to pay for any of the damages. We asked to be moved to a new room that was equivalent and instead they offered us a smaller room at the same room rate... other suites were available. We asked to speak to the manager during our stay and were told they were busy. The security agent in the beginning said insurance would handle the issue but we have received 0 follow up and never able to answer when we call.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
11  Thank MAL0503

Dear "MAL0503,"

This issue has been dealt with through our Hotel Manager and Director of Security. We apologize for this inconvenience...

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have to say - this hotel is fantastic with customer service. If it wasn't for the accommodations and incredibly delightful staff, my trip to Miami would not have been as pleasant.
The pools are beautiful and the outside courtyard is like an oasis (you will especially love it at night!)
I'm currently staying here now actually- I travel often for work, and this hotel has really made me look forward to the remainder of my week in Miami.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Dearest "NatalieS1234,"

Thanks sweetheart! I love how Shore Club looks during the night too... It's so chic and romantic. Come back again soon for more play and less work! haha