“Supersoul Spa experience @ The Shore Club Spa”

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Ranked #55 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I spent a recent Sunday afternoon at the Shore Club Spa for my first visit thanks to their Shore Club's Love for Locals promotion and that's the best money I've spent in a LOOONG time. My masseur Christian was not only knowledgeable but took his time to explain the difference in each massage. I opted for Deep Tissue which was painful at many points because I was sooo knotted up! It's good though because now several days later I can still feel the burn! The best part was that Christian gave me some great tips to help increase the benefits of my massage throughout the week (like how to make a towel roll for the back of my neck, genius!) how to sleep with my feet above my heart, good stuff.

The Local's special right now includes the massage of your choice with a full body sugar scrub shower AND after moisturizer It'st a lovely pick me up and it's available till the end of the year which means I will be back. After my service there were snacks and champagne, time to chill out on the terrace and take in the resort's laid back yet glamorous vibe, Sadly our day at the spa finished before Nobu opened downstairs but we'll just book later next time so we can head to dinner, grab a bungalow and the spend the evening luxuriating in the courtyard. I am for sure recommending to friends...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jill T
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dearest "Jill T,"

Bless your heart! What a fabulous review about our famous Christian the masseur and our "Love for Locals" spa special! It is the best deal in the city and makes you feel heavenly. The sugar scrub and complimentary champagne is the extra cherry on top... Please book it again so we can spoil you much more!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Write a ReviewReviews (3,614)

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had the perfect stay at Shore Club...from the time of booking to our very last moment there. Alexandra, the front desk manager, went above and beyond to make our stay memorable, and ALL the staff were so friendly, helpful and welcoming. The location is fantastic, with direct access to the beach and scenic ocean-front walk (that meanders past other hotels and restaurants). Collins ave, on the other side, provides lots of nearby shops and restaurants so that you never get bored.

Our main desire when booking this hotel was to relax, and I was a bit worried that it would be too 'party-orientated' (I'm 5 months pregnant so not really in the clubbing frame of mind). Instead, our stay was very peaceful - quiet in the room and very mellow in the pool and beach areas while still having a hip, boutique feel (the music at the pool didn't bother me one bit...and I can be fussy!)

The room featured lots of white and concrete, which to me, fit with the beach location. The bed was extremely comfortable and everything seemed fresh and clean. The soaking tub was a wonderful feature!

All in all, we're thrilled we chose the Shore Club and would love to return some day soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dearest "Mpdgb,"

It was such a treat to meet you while you were here and we are so glad you had a relaxing time! Alexandra was more than happy to accommodate your needs with the special upgrade and goodies. The soaking tub is totally amazing! We wish you all the best during your pregnancy and you better come back soon and show us your new baby! xo

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Look forward to coming to Miami every fall for an annual convention. Last year, our group stayed at the Shore Club for the first time. Thrilled to be returning to the hotel this year! It is such a great location for anyone working or attending events at the Miami Beach Convention Center; short walk to the cc, Lincoln Road Mall, Ocean Drive, etc. The pool and beach are fabulous (chairs included!), and I loved the separate shower and huge tub. As someone who works at a lot of convention centers around the country, this is the high-point of my travel season this year.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper or morning person, be aware that there is a poolside bar that can be loud...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dearest "RoadWarriorJamie,"

We can't wait to have you stay with us again! Shore Club is in the perfect location not far from the Convention Center. Please email me your reservation details when you get a chance because I would love to meet you! dj.hicks@mhgc.com

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We're were expecting a really nice hotel and we're sadly disappointed. The rooms I was expecting to be just wonderful . White and minimal
So the school bus yellow paint dripping into grey tiles of the grimey bathroom was a bit of a disappointment.
We had an ocean view corner room from which we could sea the ocean but also the building site next door the big block beside us and the large noise air con unit for the hotel public rooms. So it was not possible to use the balcony.
Maintenance of the room was terrible. Curtains ripped and difficult to open. When we did like the bathroom they were dirty
I could go on but. ....
All in all not the hotel for us. Definitely party party and the rooms showed that.
On the plus side the staff were very friendly and breakfast was good.

• Stayed: October 2013
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear "45lmf89,"

Thank you for your honest review... We are sorry we are not the hotel for you but we are glad you enjoyed our staff and breakfast. If you would like to give us a second chance, please let me know and I will make sure you will have a better experience! dj.hicks@mhgc.com

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed at the Shore Club 2 weeks last year & counting down to my days to go there this year. They show excellent customer service, great room with patio, excellent pool & gardens, breakfast was fantastic & the beach was cozy with chairs! I was bummed when I went home! Will be there in 2 weeks and really getting excited!!!

Room Tip: I advise a room with a patio! Get an evening breeze!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dearest "BobbieMichigan,"

Well this is just the sweetest compliments of Shore Club. We can't wait to have you back with us! Please email me your reservation details and confirmation number so I will be sure to look after you... dj.hicks@mhgc.com

Looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks! Get ready for a fabulous time. xo

Reviewed October 25, 2013

this hotel is not bad but its not good either. it is def not the best hotel on the beach. the staff is very slow in everything they do and the rooms dont smell that great. they have a nice pool - that's about it. i saw way better hotels for better rates right next door to this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear "Mahtab t,"

I am sorry that you did not have a great stay but I have to totally disagree with your opinion. We are the best hotel in South Beach and our staff is amazing! All our rooms smell lovely and fresh too!.. Also the reason why the hotel next door had a better rate than us is because it is undergoing construction!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great hotel with areas providing either a chill out or party vibe. Clean, simple decor and great food & service in restaurant. The room was probably a little smaller than we expected from a website photo, however, the bed was amazingly comfortable and the shower was superb. The location is good too as both the Art Deco district and Lincoln pedestrian shopping/eating area are within a 10-15 minute walk. The service from front desk was also great and they were kind enough to let us check out late for no extra charge as we had a late flight, meaning we could still join Sundays pool party for a while before we left. Big thank you also to the excellent cleaners. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dearest "J2tehAHarris,"

Wow.... thank you! Glad you loved the hotel so much especially our wonderful beds and showers! You can't beat our great location too. I'm happy we were able to accommodate you with a complimentary late check out on Sunday to enjoy the pool party! See you again next time...