“Hip vibe” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Greenville, South Carolina
“Hip vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The pool area is amazing and Fun. I also love the beach area and the lunch we had was
top notch. However, I couldn't get cell service in my room and I wasn't overly enamored with the
service at the front desk and the concierge.

Room Tip: If you stay here upgrade to a better room the baseline rooms are too out of the way.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dearest "KKclardy,"

I am so thrilled you enjoyed the pool, beach, and lunch! Depending on which cell phone carrier you have, service can sometimes be a little hard to get but please let us know and we will be happy to have our Engineering department help with the issue. Also, I am so concerned with your comments regarding the front desk and concierge. We sincerely apologize that we were not at our best during your stay. Please let me know the next time you would like to come back and I will personally make sure you are blown away by us like all the other hotel guests! dj.hicks@mhgc.com

Genie Wishes,
Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Wokingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful hotel in a great location. The staff are great and wifi is free throughout the hotel. The hotel restaurant and bars are great.

The hotel backs onto the beach which is great - staff on the beach are not as helpful as the pool attendants who are amazing.

I stayed over a weekend and was unaware of the Sunday pool parties, being over the 18 - 30 age bracket it was not what I expected from a classy hotel with a high price tag. A number of the guests had to get up and leave as a mass of individuals descended onto the pool area.

Nice hotel however if you are planning to have some relaxation time by the pool before heading out in the evenings I would suggest you find an alternative.

An ok hotel but over priced Ann should prioritise hotel guests rather than hotel visitors.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank G0Lightly_2011
Dearest "GOLightly_2011,"

We are so sorry that we disappointed you in our service at the beach and the Sunday Pool Party. We do always prioritize our hotel guests first and Sunday is the only day we let non-hotel guests allowed at our pool. So many guests say that this is their favorite day at the hotel and will come stay for the weekend just because of our pool party. We do offer a back pool which is a little more laid back than our main pool and the beach is always an alternative if you do not want to attend the pool party! We hope that you will come back again soon and give us another chance. I am so happy you did love the pool staff, location, and hotel though!

Grand Turk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Shore Club can certainly be party central at times, but the well appointed, yet minimalist rooms provide a great steam shower, perfect to wash away a day on the beach, get ready for the night ahead. I highly recommend the intimate lobby bar for cocktails.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter, as party time is the norm for this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dearest "Doug F,"

We are so happy you had a "swanky fun" time! Our steam showers are amazing and perfect after a sandy day at the beach! See you soon for another great cocktail at the bar...

Genie Wishes,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

A wonderful stay, once again at the Shore Club, it was hard to beat last time and I am glad the second visit has lived up to expectation. Had an even better room this time, with full sea views, to wake up to that every morning! The atmosphere at the pool, the wonderful staff and portions of food all maintained - next time I will take some time out to go to Nobo, as it’s on the door step, why not. The light and airier feel of the hotel, combined with the strong colours in the bar and pool area are a perfect balance for a high energy day followed by a chilled out personal time. My only complaint, could do with a few less body beautiful people at the pool, or maybe it’s just me that needs to tone up more!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dearest "Damski01,"

Your review made me giggle, I loved it so much!! You don't need to worry about "toning up"... you already look great! Thanks for another amazing review about your home away from home. Can't wait to see you next time! We are all waiting for you to come back.

Much love from Shore Club,
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed for 5 days in May, overall the staff try very hard, however e, the property shows many signs of being rundown. The blue paint is chipping all around the pool area and lounge outside of the restaurant. The rooms are renovated but there were loose tiles on my floor and the door wouldn't close right on the patio and thus the air con kept shutting off. The walls arepa paper thin and you can hear everything in the halls and in your room.

Pluses: great pool staff, party on Sunday pm at the pool was hopping, food was excellent at Terrazza resto, and room service was prompt and hot.

Walking distance to good shopping on Lincoln Rd.

Gym was tiny, not state of the art.

Overall a good stay, but I was to overly impressed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MaxwellGirl
Dearest "MaxwellGirl,"

We appreciate your honest feedback and we are very sorry you were not overly impressed with your stay at Shore Club. We get so many wonderful compliments so it is very upsetting to know we have let ourselves down. Thank you for the amazing comments about our pool staff, Sunday party, Terrazza, and room service. Hope you will come back again one day and give us another try.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been to the Shore Club many times and so we decided to book this hotel because we were only going to be away for 2 days and we wanted to stay at a decent hotel with a nice pool and didn't want to take a risk on a new hotel.

I guess I either got older or the crowd has gotten very Jersey Shore. The Shore Club used to feel hip with a bit of a scene, the pool this time felt like a Carnival Cruise or a bad resort with... I will leave it at that.

The check in at the hotel was great - very friendly and fast.
The rooms were lovely - and the shower is excellent. (TV could be bigger)
Pool Side Service - People setting up chairs/towels are excellent! Servers by the back pool were non existant.

Tip: If you need a wake up call, set an alarm, don't bank on the hotel! We called down for a wake up call and they said of course they would give us a wake up call... we never got one and barely made our flight.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NYC1240
Dearest "NYC1240,"

Thank you for your honest review... I am so glad you enjoyed the lovely rooms, friendly staff, excellent showers, and our poolside service! We do apologize about the missing wake up call on the day of your departure. Our hotel is known all over for being hip and chic with our pool scene not to be missed. Please let me know the next time you will be coming and I will personally look over your stay... dj.hicks@mhgc.com

Celerina, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were quite psyched to stay at this hotel, the reviews and feedback promised a fun and interesting stay. Needless to say this was not the case, the best thing about the hotel is the beach and if you like spacious rooms but with hardly anything in them, this is your hotel.
The hotel is already quite run down and the staff have a huge attitude problem. newsflash: there is no reason to be arrogant about you have no idea what you are doing nor is your hotel there where is supposedly used to be.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Dearest "GG7786,"

We are so sorry you experienced a problem with our staff... I can assure you that no one here would ever have an attitude towards our guests. We have the most kind and attentive staff here at Shore Club. Also our rooms are definitely more minimalistic so I apologize that this was not your choice of style. Please email me at dj.hicks@mhgc.com so I can further look into your stay because this is the first time I have ever heard anyone say this about our staff. Thank you.