“Beautiful times” 4 of 5 stars

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Ranked #61 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Beautiful times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Though it has been raining 3 out of 4 days it was a really nice time to stay here. The location is nearly perfect; a beatiful beach, near lincoln road and not too much noise. We had a very good time and we would like to come back :) Jose(Manfred) and Khadija were really kind and i loved the service!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dearest "xSTYGx,"

Oh thank you so much my dear friend! We are delighted you had a great time and were blown away by our service.... Jose and Khadija were very touched by your compliments!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

It's been over a year since my husband and I have been able to get away to Miami. As always, we stayed at our favorite hotel and home away from home, the Shore Club. Even though it had been a while since our last stay, my husband and I were immediately reminded of why we always come back to this special property. The lobby is airy with a clean scent of lemongrass (?) and simply decorated with comfortable couches and billowy, sheer white curtains...I couldn't help but feel relaxed as soon as I arrived. At check in, we were greeted by the warm smile of Jennifer Espinoza, who was extremely friendly and helpful. Since we arrived hours before scheduled check in, we were able to store our bags and relax by the pool until our room was ready. The pool area is surrounded by beautiful greenery and and comfortable lounge chairs, couches and day beds. As soon as my husband and I stepped into the pool area, we were warmly greeted by Henry and Ricky, who set us up at our favorite spot by the pool...How they remember which chairs we like every time is beyond me! Our stay at the Shore Club was for only two days and each day was spent by the pool. The poolside menu since our last visit had changed, but I loved everything that they offered...there were healthy options for those watching their waistline and not so healthy options for those with a carefree diet. The food and drinks by the pool were well presented and so tasty, and the service we received from Sara and George was excellent! Both of them were very attentive, friendly and respectful.

During this stay, we had a room with the most gorgeous ocean view that we could enjoy from our balcony. Our room was clean and the decor, like most of the hotel, is minimalist, but relaxing and comfortable. Their beds are probably one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in and I look forward to sleeping in them with each visit.

As an avid traveller, I have stayed in many hotels and resorts. The Shore Club is one of the best and by far my favorite in South Beach. This beachfront property is in a great location (close to great shopping and restaurants) and has that cool SoBe vibe. But I truly believe that what makes the Shore Club such a remarkable hotel is the staff, how they treat their guests and the service they give.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest "Jojo39_40,"

Oh darling, we love you and your husband so much!! You are such a sweetheart for posting this fabulous review about how we are your home away from home. That makes us feel so special... Jennifer Espinoza is the most amazing Front Desk Manager with the greatest smile. Our pool team, especially Ricky, Henry, Sara, and George are all superstars!! Thank you for being one of our favorite hotel guests.... You both are jewels!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

You're not going to find a more affordable, trendier, centrialized hotel. Visit the luxury site jetsetter for great deals. The King Room Deluxe was a great size for a girls weekend. I was here with my boyfriend a few summers ago as well so this hotel is great for couples and friends alike. Shore Club is known for their Sunday Pool Parties. Its less exclusive than the Pool party at SLS Hotel, but its great if you're staying at the hotel as your room key allows you entry and a lounge chair (lounge chairs go quick but you'll probably be dancing anyway). I wouldn't suggest this hotel in the summer for families unless your ok with passing by wasted young women in bathing suits and heels. Nonetheless, I did see famlies with young kids walking around the common areas. Nobu is their onsite restaurant and its definitely comparable to Nobu in NYC. Red bar is eh. It was better a few years ago. Lincoln road which is the main shopping area is about 3 blocks away. Lincoln road spans approximately a mile with outdoor shopping and restaurants. If you read bad reviews about the Shore Club on trip advisor, the authors are probably drab, boring, and weren't expecting such a 'scene'.

Oh- you receive two complementary lounge chairs on the beach when you stay here. If you have a 3rd person staying in the room like we did, they'll give you 3 chairs. Don't be cheap though-TIP and they'll take care of you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "Jessica S,"

So glad you such a fantastic time with your girls for the weekend as well as with your boyfriend a few years ago! We definitely have the coolest pool party on Sundays! Thank you for mentioning our amazing location and price... Can't wait to see you again!

Woodcliff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Quick visit to this hotel for a Miami Heat game. Very modern and minimalist decor. Best part is the pool area, really cool couches and lounge area. Relaxing and quiet, poolside cocktails were great. Not sure how I felt about the interior decor, too monochromatic and minimal for my taste.

Room Tip: Cool view of city from balcony but you must be on higher floor otherwise rooftops of surrounding hot...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dearest "Tracey T,"

Thank you tremendously for the sweet comments about our lounge area and poolside cocktails! See you later for another delicious drink!

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

There are many great things about the Shore Club! First of all, it has an unbeatable SoBe location, waking distance to Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive. The atmosphere is second to none. Seldom I have seen so much groove going on as in its pool parties (beautiful pool, by the way)
The hotel's decor is design yet warm, the food is amazing (don't forget to try Nobu), the bed is very comfy, the views from my room were amazing, wi-fi works perfect...so many good aspects.. Yet, the best was its wonderful and helpful staff (they even printed my boarding cards and send them to my room!)...one can tell the hotel has great management!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dearest "Gonzalo O,"

Oh my goodness... this is the best review ever!! You have listed all the great things that make Shore Club the most popular hotel in Miami. Many thanks for all the compliments!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Spent a long weekend at the Shore Club with a few girlfriends and we all had a blast. The staff is very friendly and attentive. This is not a family vacation spot or hotel for business travelers but you couldn't ask for a better location for a fun weekend with friends. Nobu is located at the hotel which is an added perk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "Mary R,"

Well aren't you just the sweetest!! Many thanks to you and your girlfriends for writing such a lovely review about Shore Club. See you ladies back again soon! xo

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business, so I’ll share some tips related to the good and bad experiences during my stay, as well as what I heard from the colleagues who also stayed there.
I wasn’t given good directions to my room, so I went to the six floors of two towers – dragging my luggage along - until I finally found a very kind staff member who took me to the third tower where my room was finally on that sixth floor! My room was clean and spacious. There were plenty of fluffy towels and nice bath products. The bed and pillows were comfortable. I was in a room right by the elevator, but I never hear it ding or people get on. However, I was also right by the housekeeping closet and regularly hear them in it. I’d avoid room 661 if I were you! Especially as a female, single traveler, I’d rather not be by an elevator where someone can see me get off and go into the room. But, after trouble finding the room, I didn’t feel like going back for another.

Inspect your room when you arrive, as my colleague was given a room that when he entered had dishes in the sink and the beds were unmade. When he told the front desk staff, they remedied the situation immediately and gave him a room upgrade. He raved about the room and the attention to the situation.

At first I thought the grounds and hotel could use a little TLC even though its art deco style is fitting for the location. But after a couple of days, I came to like it as it is. One of my colleague remarked, “this hotel and grounds are prettier at night.”

Members of my team came in on a Thursday and were staying for a week. Two of them moved rooms two times because of the club noise other reviewers have mentioned. The woman who coordinated the event and said repeatedly said, “This hotel is not for business travel.”

Service and food at La Terrazza was good. As a business traveler, it would be nice to have a place on-site or nearby to just grab a good cup of coffee and a muffin before heading to the convention center (which is only about two blocks away). This hotel is toward the end of the strip, so there aren’t many nearby restaurants, which was disappointing to me. It’s also not close to the good shopping.

The hotel has good beach access. One morning I wanted to sit at the beach for a bit before my meetings started and the beach staff was friendly and gave me a chair closest to the water.

Check out wasn’t until noon and just before I got in the shower around 9, housekeeping knocked. I told them I was still in the room and flipped the top latch. As I was turning off the shower, I heard someone try to come in! Good thing I closed the latch or it could have been very awkward! When I told the front desk on check out, they took $100 off my room charges and I heard them immediately call to tell someone about the situation. I thought it was great that in both of the situations I mentioned as being dissatisfying, the staff tried to make it right.

Room Tip: When you check in, be sure to say you want a quiet room (especially if you stay there Thursday throu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Audie79
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dearest "Audie79,"

We sincerely appreciate your honest feedback from your stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed the comfortable bed and pillow as well as our delicious Italian restaurant Terrazza. The hotel is located right on the beach so you can't beat our amazing beach access! We apologize that you were not given a hotel map at check in to explain how to get to your room. Each agent gives the guest one prior to heading towards their room. Terrazza does have cups of coffee and muffins to purchase and they are more than happy to put in a to-go cup for you! The hotel does have a club and bar area so I am sorry again for the noise during your stay. I am so sorry you encountered some issues during your stay, however I am happy once you brought these issues to our attention that my team was able to go out of their way to somewhat rectify the situation. Please contact me directly on dj.hicks@mhgc.com when you next wish to come to Miami and I will look after your stay!