“Not what it seems” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Not what it seems”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I were down in Florida this weekend for a wedding. The wedding party was booked into the shore club although the wedding itself was at the National down the block. This is an expensive but trendy place in South beach area. The lobby was nothing to look at I first thought it was under construction but they wrapped the poles in the lobby in fabric. The room was a good size cement floor and big bathroom also cement floor modern but a cold feeling. We had asked for a day bed as my daughter was staying with us. We had to ask multiple times before it was delivered. The maid service was very hit or miss. They did not replace the shampoo we had to ask. The did renew the towels but did not bring any face towels. Unforgivably the toilet paper ran out and there was no second role. The lights in the bathroom were partially out. The hotel is really geared more to 20-30 year olds. The pool area had loud music and lot of scantily dressed people uh um doing the modern version of the mating dance. I enjoyed the show but my wife did not. The pool area was extremely crowded on Sunday at it was open to the public for a pool party that day. None of this was bad ( well except the lack of toilet paper) if this is what you wanted and expected. It was not what we wanted nor expected so I have to say it was a poor experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank DavidZ267
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear "David7267,"

Thank you for your honest feedback and we are so sorry you did not have a good time with us. The lobby is known as our Decompression Chamber where our guests feel relaxed and at ease from the busy outside life. We are so sorry the servicing of your room was not up to standard and we are currently reviewing our procedures with our housekeeping team. Like all hotels in South Beach, we are popular with the younger clientele however, we pride ourselves in welcoming guests from all walks of life. Our Sunday pool parties are especially popular and people from all over come to hang out with our amazing staff. Once again, thank you for your honest review and we hope to welcome you back in the future. I will be more than happy to look over your stay.

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We spent 5 nights at this hotel early April. The service was excellent. Julian at the restaurant took really good care of us during lunch, even going above and beyond to treat us with tea and coffee! Overall, all the staff was courteous, helpful and smiling at all times.
The room was clean, good job on the housekeeping side.
The only negative comment would be the pool and beach menu. Food was not so good. However, the menu and food at the restaurant was really tasty!
Will definitely book this hotel again when I'm in South Beach.

Room Tip: Loft suite was large and sunny, with sea view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MHBLV
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dearest "MHBLV,"

Oh thank you so much!! We are all thrilled you had such a great time! Julian at Terrazza is a superstar and knows how to deliver the best service. He appreciates your feedback and so does your Shore Club Family. Can't wait to see you next time!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Visited many SoBe Hotels and the Shore must be my very favorite one - the feeling of being at home is there with the great atmosphere created by the staff_ we particularly enjoy the attention to the details in the rooms with great bathroom products and very comfortable pillows_dont miss the in house restaurant

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dearest "YOusM,"

We are so flattered to be your favorite hotel in South Beach! Whoop Whoop!

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed four nights in a loft junior suite double queen room. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was huge. The rooms are sparse in terms of decorations, but the minimalist approach was actually a welcome departure from your standard hotel room. Rooms were very quiet.

The hotel staff I encountered were all very helpful and had great attitudes. Natalie at the front desk was great and very patient with my questions and requests. Sebastian at the valet stand made sure a cab was ready for us before we came down from the room at 7 a.m. to leave for the airport. Our trip would not have been as enjoyable if it weren't for Ken, at the concierge desk. He was the absolute best and provided excellent recommendations! I had a quick treatment at the spa. Beautiful view from the spa patio. Spa staff were incredibly friendly. Bottom line, the staff make the hotel!

The hotel location is within easy walking distance to many restaurants and the Lincoln Road Mall for shopping.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dearest "Rajj976,"

Wow, you are so sweet! It is true... we do have the most fabulous staff! Thank you for the shout-outs to Natalie, Sebastian, and Ken. Hurry back and come see us!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was my second stay at the Shore Club and this time was even better than the last. My sister and I decided to visit for my birthday (June 19-21). The staff at the hotel made my stay perfect. Everyone was attentive and went above and beyond including providing me with complimentary tea when I was sick. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone I know.

I stay at MHG Hotels often and feel that the Miami properties all exceed MHG standards. My only complaint was that I could tell that the hotel had aged slightly (the first time I stayed was in 2003) but not too badly. The hotel room was actually very nice considering its older than their other property Mondrian which is much newer (I stayed there in 2009).

I would like to give an extra special thank you to the concierge Reo, Natahly, Mirena in room service, service and Latoya and Nicki at the front desk. Because of them I will definitely return to shore club.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dearest "MissTiffee619,"

Thank you so much for this fantastic review!! That was so kind of our room service team to deliver you complimentary tea while you were not feeling well. Also Reo, Nathaly, Mirena, Latoya, and Nikki were alll delighted to see your lovely comments. Can't wait to see you again for your 3rd trip to Shore Club!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My stay at The Shore Club was pretty good.

Pros: The room was really cool (whirpool tub, nice robes, concrete floors) and I thought it was really spacious. The service at the Front Desk was great as were the bell hops - we needed to stor our luggage because we got in very early. The concrete floors are probably not great if you plan to bring young kids, but this is mostly an adult hotel which was great for me.

Cons: The pool is a total scene - which might be a Pro for many others. After 2pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday there is a ton of house music, hard bodies and expensive cocktails flying around. I found it tough just to go relax in the Jacuzzi. The service at the evening bar (after the pool closed) was painfully slow - but that happens a lot in Miami since the tip is automatically included.

Overall, a good experience and a great alternative to the Deleno if you are looking for a hip scene.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dearest "Maf908285,"

Wow! Thank you for the fabulous feedback about our hip scene, spacious rooms, and great service! On the weekends, our pool scene is definitely jamming! But we do have a beach pool behind the main pool which is a great alternative if you are not into the action at the main pool. Looking forward to seeing you next time!

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Hi, I am an early riser so didn't mind getting to the pool right when it opens to reserve a spot for myself. The staff gives chairs to whomever gets there first, then you are free to wander, get breakfast, etc and come back to the chair whenever. As a result, within 20 minutes the pool is deserted but all the chairs are "reserved." I can't tell you how many fights I then saw break out between staff and guests. I don't have a problem with the policy, but you need to ***tell people when they check in*** what the deal is! Then I don't have to listen to that conversation over and over and your great staff doesn't have to deal with it :) Other than that, everything was great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dearest "Entrecote99,"

Thank you for this review! I am glad you enjoyed everything! Our pool and beach chairs are on a first come/first serve basis and can only be reserved for 30 minutes if the guest is not physically occupying the chairs. We do let our guests know at check-in if they inquire about the chair situation! Hope to see you again soon!