I want to like this hotel. However, as much as I try, I have to tell you that the service is terrible, the hotel is unclean, and it attracts guests that other hotels do not (wink).
First review - summer 2012. We arrived on Urban Beach Weekend and the hotel was a mess. We were put in a terrible room and moved three times. The rooms were over-perfumed and dirty. The hotel finally took notice when we complained of all the pot-smoking that we evidenced in our hallway, which might be connected to the yelling in the hallways at night. When we asked if pot-smoking is legal in Florida, security got involved as they do not want guests to know what happens in their hotel rooms. As a result, they offered us two nights free to "come back and enjoy the hotel on a more typical time". Apparently, this is not their 'usual' level of service.
Review 2 - VIP Visit (ha). We were promised VIP treatment if we came back. We are seasoned travellers and this hotel, owned by Morgans Hotel Group, is often better priced than others on the SoBe strip so we were tempted to enjoy the two free nights over NYE. Unfortunately, we were burned by this decision and will not return after this stay. Why?
1. The service is unreliable. Room service is not good quality -- food was cold, linens smelt stale, and trays were not picked up. Beach service is not good quality. The sun beds are dirty. The rooms are dirty (not vacuumed, foundation on the sheets, smell bad). The beach staff try and hustle you for $20 for an umbrella and $150 if you want to be anywhere near the water.
2. The "cool" factor can be achieved without *staying* at the hotel. If you want to go to Nobu (which is surprisingly in this hotel), just make a reservation. We stayed at the hotel and were turned away from Nobu. Then, when we complained, we were seated in an adjacent area as if we were overflow. The pool area can be accessed by anyone who snuggles up to a bar staff. You get the picture.......you do not need to be a guest of the hotel. The music is now quite bad, there is rarely an actual dj, and there is sun on only 20-30 beds a day. The pool is poorly managed, the beds are extremely dirty (not sure what kind of stains they are). And, NYE was terrible. The music was too loud, and they were trying to charge hundreds for the night. Note, if there is a party on in the pool area (as there was for NYE -- which we were not told about when we booked -- your room will be too noisy to sleep until 2am).
3. Shore Club is not managed well. After we complained and told them our experiences (too numerous to mention), they sent us a bottle of champagne apologetically. However, it arrived at 11:35PM AT NIGHT. THEY KEPT KNOCKING AFTER WE HAD GONE TO BED AND IGNORED THE DO NOT DISTURB SIGN!!! And yet, they delivered it. Really, GM, do you not want us to sleep? Not the way to run a hotel.
The sad part is the GM Office promised that we would be VIP Guests. HA HA HA. The hotel today, Jan 2, is at 47% capacity. And this is the kind of service we get? Apparently you get an orchid in your room if you are VIP. This orchid arrived on the 4th day of our stay.
It's a terrible place. Don't stay here. It's dirty and the services is spotty at best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed by famed British architect David Chipperfield, with landscaping inspired by the rich Matisse-like palette of the Jardin Majorelle in Marrakech, Shore Club shimmers with intrigue and sensuality. Anchored by the original polished terrazzo floor, the elegant furnishings are an eclectic mix evocative of global marketplaces—including relaxed sofas, hand-woven tribal rugs and large patterned throw pillows from Kenya that invite mixing and mingling. The vibe is lively, the atmosphere intimate, the feeling electric. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Shore Club South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shore Club Hotel Miami Beach
- Shore Hotel Miami Beach
- The Shore Hotel
- Shore Club Miami
- Shore Club In Miami