“'We Get It" Really enjoyed our stay at the Shore Club!”

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Ranked #54 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“'We Get It" Really enjoyed our stay at the Shore Club!”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

We used Priceline to book a one night stay after returning from a cruise to the port of Miami. I know some friends who have stayed here before but really did not know what to expect. Upon arriving early, and expecting to have to wait a long time for our room, we had the pleasure of checking in with Latoya at the front desk who took our informtion and even upgraded our room. After being on a cruise ship for 4 days this was simply heaven on earth. The hotel is really cool and you can feel the vibe throughout the space. The pools are big, music is playing but not to loud and the people are all having a good time. The beach, did I say this hotel is on the beach, is the best with our own chairs and towels at no charge and beach food and drink service. Our room was large with two queen size beds but the bathroom and shower/bathtub was off the charts. I'm talking spa like experience in your own room. The staff was very helpful and attentive without being overbearing. Parking is expensive and so are the drinks but hey this is South Beach. We will visit again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank x1630s
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2011
Dear x1630s,

Thank you for your glowing review! It is rewarding we had a great first impression on you! Latoya was happy to read you recognized her graciousness and service.

I am glad you appreciated our well-recognized vibe as well as our spacious rooms with amazing showers, the pool and beach atmosphere, and our friendly and attentive staff.

Let us know when you will be coming next!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 27, 2011

If you like spending the night in a tiny cement box with lots of ambient noise and a big price tag, this is a great hotel.

The rooms are sparse and furnished with cheap, errrr modern, furniture.

Floors throughout the rooms as well as the hallways are cement. That means that you hear EVERYTHING. They provide noisemakers in the rooms to drown out the persistent hall noise, but mine would randomly turn off and on, disturbing my sleep. At least the bed was comfortable and there were robes and slippers provided.

The bathrooms are large but dark. I didn't like that there were toiletries on the counter that were marked "for sale". If you are legally blind like me, you might grab a bottle as you're getting into the shower, sans contacts or glasses, and open it without realizing that it's not complimentary, and then end up with a fat charge on your bill. This felt like a sneaky tactic to pad the already inflated hotel bill.

I used the hotel fitness center and was disappointed. My brother-in-law has better equipment in his basement. The ellipticals (only 2) are so old that they creak, and the ceiling is so low that you'll hit your head on it if you're tall and in elevated mode. There are warnings posted so I suspect there have been a few mishaps.

I never saw service personnel to do anything other than check in or get my car. However I did see lots of maid carts and garbage in the halls, indicating that there are cleaning staff on premises. The pile of used condoms in a clear plastic bag was a memorable site. I'm glad I wasn't in the adjacent room while the prior occupants were enjoying themselves.

Upon checkout, I had an interesting experience trying to get my car. The valet let someone else drive away with my rental. Apparently nobody checks the tickets -- possibly because nobody speaks English as their native language. I thought numbers were numbers in most languages but perhaps I am mistaken. Luckily a bellman chased the driver down the street and stopped him. I was so glad to get out of this place.

Room Tip: What best room? they're just cement boxes.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank chicago_jaynedough
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I have to admit that I was a little nervous after reading the reviews on this hotel. I remember a time when the Shore Club was one of the hottest hotels in Southbeach. Anyhoo...the hotel was chosen for me thru Priceline's
Name Your Own Price" bidding system, so I got our room for about $90 less than the going rate. I'm in my early 30's and went with my teenage daughter and the room wasn't bad. Yeah, the floors are concrete, but our room had a decent area rug under the beds. Although we did not get an ocean view room, overall I was pleased with the room. It was a little stark/cold in decor, but the room was clean, the beds were very comfortable, we had a nice flat screen TV, and the bathtub was huge! Noise was not an issue at all for us, I guess because our room was not directly by the pool. The pool area is awesome and the food by the pool was good! So, I wouldn't rule this hotel out by any means....great location, clean rooms, fabulous pool, decent price....what more can you ask for on Southbeach!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dear epayne1980,

I am pleased you and your daughter enjoyed our property. Thank you for commenting on the different features our guest rooms provide and noticing we have placed area rugs in all our rooms to give some warmth and diminish the sounds echoing.

Our pool, one of the most known scenes in South Beach, surely captivates many.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Spent few nights with my wife. We truly had a good time as it was our first visit to south beach. We were greeted immediately and felt welcomed. Scene was fun all over south beach but we didnt have to go far because the pool was awesome. Waitresses and waiters were personable especially our blonde waitress from Ohio whom we fortunately had for several of our trips to the pool. We also enjoyed our dinner at nobu. Food was very good. We will return to the shore club hopefully sooner then later.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear mnm_156,

I am happy to see Shore Club delivered a first great experience in South Beach! Thank you for your visit and appreciating our staff's service.

Let us know when you return so we can show you a great time, not only a good one.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed April 15, 2011

My first reaction at my room was of disappointment...small and sparse. But having just stayed at the Gansevoort's massive rooms, no wonder.

After the initial shock, it turns out the Shore Club's room was excellent. The sparse, minimalistic, clean and white design is great and for an allergic person like me, the lack of carpets was very welcome. There was a small work desk and also another desk with two comfy couch type seats. There was plenty of closet space in the hallway. The bathroom is amazing. It's huge with a shower and a bath tub. Plenty of space for your toiletries and the amenities were great. I really liked the stylish metallic towel rack. I ended up really liking the room and the furniture, nice minimalistic style. Another thing I liked was that the room stayed quite cool despite me not using the AC.

The bed was really great too. My balcony was almost over-looking the rum bar area, so I was worried about the noise, but once my balcony door was closed, it was quiet enough to sleep.

Now, I stayed here due to the night time action, but anyone could walk into the Sky Bar through the lobby, so it really didn't matter if you were a guest or not, which is different than what it was a few years ago. It does feel the nigh life at the Shore Club has died down a bit.

Another review below stated really well that the Shore Club is a high-end party hotel...very true. The pool area gets totally full at around 1pm with beautiful people drinking and it gets packed...relaxing this aint. There aren't that many sun beds and they are very close to each other, so you can forget about any sort of privacy. Just know that the music's gonna be pumping and it's going to be very crowded throughout the day. This is and adult's playground, not for kids. It was fun for a weekend, but that's all I could take.

There's a lot of non-hotel residents grabbing the beds and it got annoying, hotel guest should get preferential treatment. My biggest complaint was the pool bar/restaurant, which had crap service and not just for me. I waited for half an hour for someone to come and take my order, but the dude was busy taking photos for a bunch of girls and posing with them, instead of taking my order and bringing the check for others. I understand it gets busy (and the women were hot), I've worked as a waiter, but there was enough staff to wait the 5 tables (!) easily, but I'm thinking the people were hired for their looks, and not their customer service skills. Still, this happens everywhere on a bad day so I'm not gonna hate too much.

The pool folks were certainly better. Shout out to George who gave some great tips about clubs and did his work well.

The pool bar/room service food really wasn't special either, I expected better. Still, I have to give props to the room service as I asked for a cup of coffee with my burger, but they only have full jugs of coffee on the menu, but were cool enough to not charge me for the coffee, which was very much appreciated and good customer service, considering I did end up generating a pretty good room service tab. Thanks!

Wifi in the lobby is free, but 10$ in your room...but just log in in the lobby and that'll still work in your room for a while!

The folks at the reception, spa and concierge were awesome, very friendly and efficient. I enjoyed my stay and will come back for a weekend, but just be prepared that the pool is gonna be packed and noisy.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank RiotPelaaja
Dear RiotPelaaja,

Thanks for your in-depth review about Shore Club!

I am glad you felt our room was comfortable. With our decor, we try to provide a comfortable, cool, and not crowded environment where you can decompress and relax after a sunny day out.

With regards to our pool/bar area, chairs are given on a first come, first serve basis. Hotel guests have priority seating over non-guests on Sundays when the area is open to the public for the pool party. I am sorry it did not seem to be enforced while you were with us. I apologize as well for the delayed and unattentive service.

On the other hand, it is a high energy area and everyone likes to concentrate at the main pool and are looking to have a great time. We also have the beach pool and beach for those who would like to have a more quiet and relaxing day.

During the evening, Sky Bar is open to the public but our guests have priority and guaranteed access.

Thank you for recognizing George, reception, spa, and concierge's awesomeness and friendliness. Please contact me directly if you will be returning and I will do my best to ensure your stay goes perfect and we exceed your expectations.

ohio
Reviewed April 12, 2011

My wife and I just returned from a four night stay at the Shore Club. This was our first time here, although we've had many dinners at Nobu and Ago over the years. We typically stay at the Ritz when we visit South Beach.
We decided to try the Shore Club just to do something different. I've stayed at other Morgan's hotels so I'm familiar with the decor, vibe, etc.
We really had a great time during our visit. For full disclosure, the rooms are not the same standard as the Ritz, Peninsula, etc., but neither are the prices. Had we paid Ritz rates, I would have been disappointed. We had an ocean view suite and paid about half of what we pay for a suite at the Ritz. The bed was comfortable, bathrooms big and the balcony was very large. The hallways, common areas, gym, etc., were dated and getting worn down a bit, but agin, this is a beach hotel. For what we were paying we were fine with the accommodations.
The pool scene was great. Service a little slow but we had a great time. Just know that it's loud and trendy and people go a little crazy. If you're looking for quiet, this isn't the place. We were looking for a place that had atmosphere and this place is definately winning.
To summarize, the Shore Club is a high end party hotel. That's different than a high end normal hotel, like the Setai next door. This place is cranking all day, but it does so in an upscale way. If you're looking for luxury and refinement, this isn't the place. If you're looking for action but with class, this is the place. It's what we expected when we booked the room and it'e what was delivered. We'll be staying here again on our next visit. It's what South Beach is all about.

Room Tip: ocean view junior suite with balcony is a great rm
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank highstandards12
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Dear highstandards12,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am very glad you and your wife decided to try us out and you had a great time.
You said it right. We take pride in being an energetic hotel with a cool vibe, that appeals to the young and young at heart who are looking for a vibrant atmosphere. Also, we do have the spa and beach pool for those looking for a more quiet experience.

We would love to have you back soon. Please let me know when you are ready to return and I will look after you both. Thank you for your MHG loyalty.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Wow! This place was definately NOT deserving of any stars! My room was filthy! Hair all over the bathroom. At check-in the staff kind of snubbed me since I had reserved a cheaper room on Priceline so I was not going to go back and ask if they could move me. I would think a 2 star hotel would be better than this one. The best thing about the stay was the staff was very quick to get a cab...so we could get out of there!!!! This is definately NOT where the beautiful people hang out.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Dear charlottedog,

I am sorry you were not pleased with your stay and the cleanliness in your room was not up to par. This is something our Housekeeping department takes seriously in order for this isolated incident from happening again.

Please let me know if you decide to give us another chance and stay in the future and I will oversee it.

Thanks,