“My Delano visit”

Ranked #46 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
maimi
“My Delano visit”
Reviewed February 11, 2010

Booked my trip into Miami last moment, stayed at the Delano hotel, Room Rate was pretty high but with everything that was going on in the city that weekend i figured i could swing it. Checked in to a smaller room, the room was very clean. on arrival i found a nice amenity and a card from the General Manager welcoming back to the property along with a can of Red Bull, i guess his way have saying that i was going to need lots of energy for this long super bowl weekend! Went to lunch at the poolside restaurant and quckly noticed that every other table it seemed was filled with a very noticeable face. A ROD of the Yanks was sitting at one table, Stwarded Scott from ESPN was at another table Keson Johnson was at another, on and on it went. with the who's who of fashion and sport all gathered at the Delano, later that night in the Florida Room, the hotels club i was to see Robin Thick, Queen Latifah, WyClif preform, the next day Snoop Dog took the stage at 3am and preformed for close to an hour. The next day the Red bull really came in handy.
Oh I guess that i should tell you that the drinks are very expense $17 for one drink, a bit much even by south beach standards. But the staff is friendly and the service was good.

Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
DelanoGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2010
Thanks for your visit and your feedback. I hope you will come back soon (we have plenty of Red Bull!). Let me know if I can help with anything.

Ellis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2010

After hearing about this place we decided to book it with a few friends not knowing what to expect. As we arrived from snowy NY we started to feel the Miami heat on us and when we arrived at the Delano's, well we were surprised at first. We got in at about 9pm and the party was on. In the reception area, at the lobby bar, going down to the pool bar ... it was a trend spotter. This is by far a great place for friends, young couples or people looking for some entertainment on the holidays. Price is normal for this kind of service and we already miss the hand massages by the pool.

Hope to go there soon!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank RobbieSun
Thanks for this review! We are waiting for you to come back.

São Paulo
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Stayed there for a weekend early January. I know Delano is a pioneer on "minimal design style" but I think it is time to renovate the rooms. Also it makes you feel that you are on a showroom, because everything is priced.
Plus my room had no Bose iPod dockstation and no bathrobes (thought room service will noticed that, but no).
But the real disappointment is the bathroom: REALLY tiny for a hotel of such class.
On the other hand staff is very friendly and helpful.
Oh, and charging the for the internet access is ridiculous!
My advise: choose the Gansevoort few block away for a huge room and bathroom, at the same price as Delano.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank MBreak
I’m glad you had a great experience with our staff—they really are the differentiating factor which sets us apart from the rest of the hotels on the beach. Yes, there are larger bathrooms available, but you will not find a friendlier and more fun staff in Miami.

I’m sorry about the missing Bose iPod station and bathrobes—obvious oversites. I hope that you made us aware so that we could immediately resolve that issue.

Kind regards,

Dublin
Reviewed January 26, 2010

If you would like to party with the cast of The Hills this is probably the place for you. Front desk staff were very nice but bar and beach staff were not so good. Nice touch in the room of a AN APPLE A DAY...however this turned into AN APPLE A STAY.

The whole experience of the hotel is like staying in a posh fridge..cold and very very white(white shows up the dirty so be ready)

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pinter11
DelanoGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2010
Thank you for your review. We're sorry that it seems like we're not the Miami hotel for you.

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed January 18, 2010

My experience was AWFUL. We had a dirty room, barely a view of the beach in a “dlx ocean view” room, a hot mini bar fridge, terrible housekeepers, and managers who do not care. A Holiday Inn would have given better service, no kidding. We paid nearly $1200 a night and had to beg for clean towels, lotion and a clean room. The manager, Jose Noriega, said he would take care of it, but we had worse service after he talked to the housekeepers. I am certain any other hotel in Miami would be better. Maybe they were having a bad week, but I wouldn’t risk $1200 a night on those odds.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ANNSK
DelanoGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2010
We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience and want you to know we have addressed the matter.

Kind regards,

montreal
Reviewed January 11, 2010

Beautiful hotel. Very nice rooms. Great service by the concierge. Excellent food and really fun bar. Pool staff was amazing.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
DelanoGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2010
Now this is what we're talking about! I'm glad you "get it" and hope to see you again very soon.

London
Reviewed January 7, 2010

I was really looking forward to this hotel as it was recommended to me and the reviews were fairly good. We booked through American Express and got a room upgrade on arrival. The room was an ocean front room and the views were good (not great - as there is a large wall to one side from the adjacent hotel and a large concrete open space to the other side. I was grateful to American Express that Wi-fi was included as I had read on other reviews that it was an un-necessary $15 per day cost that people felt should be included (especially with the high cost of the room). One ting that I wasn't told about at check-in was that they charge $37 plus Tax PER DAY for Valet Parking. (There is a car-park a few hundred feet away in the same road where they chage $15 per day).

The bedroom was small but the bathroom was TINY! - only room for a shower cubicle. It was fairly modern but nothing special - certainly not what is expected for the price.

Continental breakfast (normally $26 per person) was included with our room. I have never been so insulted by their offer of food available - it was extremely basic and certainly not worth paying extra for.

The weather was disappointingly cold for the time of year (60 degrees daytime max on most days). This was obviously not the hotel's fault but there were things that could have been done by the management. For example the air conditioning was full on and it doesnt' take a genius to work out that this should have been changed to heating. I felt sorry for the staff as many were complaining to me. Everyone was wearing jumpers and coats. The main breakfast area was outside!!!! Gas heaters were used and made this area a fraction warmer than the air-conditioned inside seating area. Due to the cold weather we could not sit around the pool but it was noticeable that some seats were reserved despite the cold. This isnot a hotel to stay at if the weather is cold.

The large open plan lobby area is uninviting during the day but comes alive at night for the clubbers.

This may be an exclusive chic hotel but I feel that they cater and care more for the nightclubbers than the paying guests. This is in my opinion to keep up appearances to the outside world.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent visit and this review. I regret that your expectations were not met. Over the past 14 years our clientele, largely repeat, have come to appreciate the discreet escape provided by the minimalist design and exclusive setting. Perhaps you will give us another try in warmer weather? Let me know if I can assist in any way.