“Best pool staff of Miami Beach”

Delano South Beach Hotel
Ranked #45 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Balneario Camboriu, SC
“Best pool staff of Miami Beach”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I am here to drop a few lines about the Delano Hotel in South Beach...
First of all, I would like to thank the whole crew that works by the pool.: Stephanie, Soledad, Mariano, Diego, Katie, Julie , Ana, Jay and Kevin. My special thanks to the greatest barman of all times: JEREMY. ( u rock) tks to PJ and Marvin as well.
Even though my favorite manager , Dwight Palacious was on holiday , Stacey is always the sweetes and I am a great fan of The Delano because of them.
Last , but not least ...thank you Natalie for making me feel at home every time I walkl in. Also DeMichael and Pedro at the concierge are great people.
see u all again soon ,
Alexandra Horn

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alexandra horn A
Dwight P, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Alexandra a,
Thank you so much for your review and for being an amazing guest. I am sorry I was not able to see you this trip, but I know we will see you again. I will make sure to send everyone you mentioned in this review your thanks and praise. We look forward to having you return very soon.
Warmest regards,
Dwight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a business meeting and stayed 2 nights. We usually have these type meetings at Marriott hotels. All similar brand Marriott hotels look and feel the same, now this hotel is something very different! The rooms were all white and had intesesting features and furnishings. It was refreshing to stay somewhere that was different. A few of our people had slight problems with their rooms but when they brought it to the staff's attention, they were quickly moved to acceptable rooms. We ate at the hotel many times and the food and staff was good. The outside grounds include a park like area and wonderful pool. Then when you add in the people watching it completed a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Overall my hotel experience was wonderful. Me and my friend went on a girls weekend trip. The hotel is stunning, the rooms are south beach white, the lobby is decorated with beautiful unique furniture.

The only thing I have to complain about is the beds are uncomfortable for the price per night I'd expect to sleep on the equivalent of a cloud. Many people would complain about the lack of free amenities and price of drinks and food. This is a very posh high end hotel so if your on a budget don't stay here.

If you appreciate good food, beautiful people and relaxing with a cocktail by the pool this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aiden12
newcastle
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed at The Delano July for a full week , it is one of my favourite hotels , it has a great ambience , nice restaurant good staff and a lovely pool area in fact one of the best locations for a relax.
We arrived from London and had booked an ocean view room with 2 double beds which is exactly what we got plus the bathroom was a bigger size than you normally get here.
The staff were great especially D'Michael Haas at concierge , Anna , Solas and Jay at the pool , and Stacy front office.

The concierge was particularly helpful and booked all our restaurant reqs etc he even arranged a shooting trip.

I have always loved this hotel and I will def be back , it does need a little care and attention in places like round the pool could do with a renew plus some of the carpets are well worn ( check out the 14th floor guys) but I wouldnt like them to change it any.

Room Tip: ask for a high room and ocean view if available. check the bathroom size as some are extremely small...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dwight P, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear NewcastleFilmmaker,
Thank you for taking the time and completing this review. I would also like to thank you for your continued loyalty. I have noted the points you mentioned regarding a few things that could use a little extra care. I will also be sure to forward your kind words to all the staff you mentioned. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and please feel free to reach out to me directly whenever you are interested in returning. You can reach me at Dwight.Palacious@mhgc.com, I look forward to hearing from you.
All the best,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Not that I thought south beach was the best place I've been too, but the Delano is just super trendy..every piece of furniture is beautiful and made me wish I had it.. comfortable rooms, v nicely designed.. great staff, it's simple with just the right amount of edge that keeps it comfortable in every way.
The location is superb walking distance to everything. Lincoln road just a few steps away.. the service is excellent..
This was my first Morgans Hotel Group stay and I will definitely stay in others thanks to this experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nataly A
Leawood
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Just got back from the Delano. The staff was very attentive, and they went above, and beyond to take care of us. This was everyone from the: Valet, Front Desk, Falvio in Bianca, and Jeremy in the outdoor bar. I read all of the bad reviews, and please realize these are not accurate. They do not charge for half of the things that are claimed. Some pricing is a little high even for Miami beach. A Coke is $7.00 at the pool. I feel $5.50 for a coke is reasonably obscene, but $7.00? The food at Bianca is great. The hotel even smells great. The scent is amazing. Managing over 100 people in the hospitality industry myself I was very impressed with the training and hospitality of the Delano . We will be back !

-M Sutton

• Stayed July 2014
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Went to Delano hotel for my brothers destination wedding on the last week of June. Temperature of hotel was 78 degrees. No air conditioning! Room temperature never went below 74 degrees. Concierge lost our luggage and I had to go find myself after waiting for over an hour after checking in. No soaps to wash up while waiting for luggage. Curtains had holes. Shower head rusted and scummy. Shower door brackets rusty with broken grout. Stains on white bead spread. Ripped sheets. Broken table lamp. Broken luggage rack. Broken iron. Miserable experience. Hotel needs major update and housekeeping. Barely a one star hotel as it stands. No way a $400 a night hotel. More like $40.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Robert D
Dwight P, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Robert D,
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize about your Delano experience. The points you mentioned regarded the room imperfections have been addressed by both our housekeeping and engineering teams. It is unfortunate when our guest’s do not have the stay experience they were expecting and what you went through is not, by any means, typical of Delano or its service. I invite you to contact me directly at Dwight.Palacious@mhgc.com if you would like to discuss your experience further.
All the best,