“Elegant brunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Arlington, Virginia
“Elegant brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have dined at this hotel three or four times over the last several years and I have been very pleased each time. My last visit was Sunday, March 30. We enjoyed brunch on the outdoor patio of the hotel restaurant, Bianco. Our Server, Juan, was excellent. Also one of the managers stopped by our table to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. I will definitely return again during my next trip to South Beach.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Apple Valley, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

My friend and I were staying in Ft. Lauderdale and took a drive down to South Beach because my friend had been to the Delano on a previous trip. Having a martini at the fancy little table in the pool, checking out all the quirky/eclectic pieces of furniture, and wandering around seeing the "Living Room" lamp shades and chess game in the gardens made for an interesting and fun evening. Would definitely go back - hopefully for more than just a drink next time!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christilee
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at the Delano while on business, and it is a gorgeous, scenic hotel. However, the rooms are small for the price and when I requested a small makeup mirror (hard to put on eye makeup with glasses off if you can't see the bathroom mirror), it never showed up. I had called ahead of time and asked again at check in, was assured it was on the way right then but again, it never arrived. The rooms are very very white so any speck of dirt is immediately apparent. Food is just OK, but room toiletries are top notch and the pool area is stunning. I'd like to experience the hotel as a vacationer as opposed to a business traveler, as I think my opinion would be more favorable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dwight P, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear francie413,
Thank you for your review. Please allow me to apologize about the make-up mirror snafu, it is completely unacceptable and should not have transpired the way it did. This is not a frequent request so I am confident I can find out the reasoning for you not receiving the mirror. I am sorry that you felt the food was just OK. I would like to know why you felt this way about the food, so that I may bring to the attention of my Food and Beverage director. I would also like to extend my services to you; whenever you would like to return please do not hesitate to reach out to me. You may contact me at Dwight.Palacious@mhgc.com
Kindest regards,
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed at the Delano for a few days in Miami.
Good location if you need to stay in South Beach.
Most hotels in Sobe are older and rooms are on the small side. One thing that was annoying is the noise from the street below...very difficult to sleep with all the horns honking. The windows don't do anything to dampen sound and it's very loud.
Next time I'll stay in mid-beach and drive into South Beach if necessary.
Having said that, this hotel has Excellent service from all of it's staff.
The pool area was paradise and they made the best Mojito I've ever had anywhere!
The staff works hard to maintain the cleanliness of the hotel and everyone is friendly and there to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
If I had to stay in Sobe again I would consider the Delano, but would choose a room facing the ocean instead, only to get a better night's sleep (although the bed was definitely comfortable).

Room Tip: Ocean facing rooms are quieter.
Dear figs7777,
Thank you for submitting your review. I am happy to read that you did enjoy your overall Delano experience. I know you mentioned noise coming from the street and that it was a disruption for you. I invite you to contact me directly at Dwight.Palacious@mhgc.com when you are interested in returning. I am happy to go over rooming options with you to ensure you get the most accommodating room during your next stay. I look forward to hearing from you.
All the best,
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

My wife and I just spent four nights (4/2-4/6) at the Delano in a loft suite and never wanted to leave. The entire stay was perfect. Dwight Palacious handled our reservation and truly made us feel welcomed and appreciated. He's great at his job as the "Guest Experience manager." The other three people that stood out to us were JC (front door), Marco (pool) and Oscar (beach.) All of these people remembered us by name and went out of their way to make sure we were having a great time.
We've stayed at other hotels in Sobe such as the W and Ritz. They're all very nice. The difference with the Delano is that the staff is much more personable. It's not a small hotel, but it has a small hotel feel.
Everything about this place is cool. The lobby, the rooms (albeit, some have small footprints,) the outdoor areas, etc. all look like they're out of a movie set. We're wound pretty tightly and by the second day, we couldn't tell what time it was at any particular time of day because we were so relaxed.
If you want to impress the person you're with, this is the place I would recommend above all other hotels in Sobe. And as a final suggestion, remember, the people that work here aren't robots nor is the Delano a 'not for profit.' While they all seem to like their jobs, they are there to make a living. Therefore, be polite and respectful to the staff and tip well, and I assure you that they will be appreciative and reciprocate tenfold. At least that was our experience.

Room Tip: Loft suites are very nice, that's what we've had our last two visits.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear joandsh,
Thank you for submitting your review and for mentioning all the staff members that helped create your memorable experience. You completely hit the nail on the head; what really separates us from other hotels in South Beach is our staff. We have some of the most talented, considerate, and passionate people around. I will be sure to forward your kind words to those you mentioned. It was truly a pleasure to have you and please do not hesitate to reach out to me for anything. I look forward to welcoming you back!
Warmest regards,
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

We booked two rooms at the Epic Hotel in Downtown Miami, mistakenly assuming that we'd be close to the Miami Boat Show. The Epic was nice and new, but in a very noisy and cramped location (it's a nightmare trying to drive in and out of that hotel), and glitzy rather than classy. We didn't care for it. Once we discovered that the Boat Show took place mostly in Miami Beach, we decided to move there for our last night in town, and chose the Delano. It's an older hotel, the rooms are small, utterly charmless, and overpriced...but we liked it. Great location near both the beach and the shops, the crowd was lively and colorful, Sunday Brunch at the hotel's Bianca Restaurant was superb (many thanks to Claudia, our attentive and charming waitress...), and the pool scene was...interesting. I don't pretend to know South Beach well, and there may well be better hotels in the area, but we enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I have been wanting to visit South Beach and being the trip planner he is, he decided on the Delano. The biggest problem was that they did not inform us that it was the week of the Winter DJ Festival. Obviously, we could have gone another time if we had known. Continuous hi tech beat that reverberated your very chair, and so loud you had to yell to hear each other. It never stopped. I'm sure that had a lot to do with our experience. The room was very nice with a balcony, a suite. So from there it went down hill. Out to the pool which required us to check in and show our room card so we could be given our security wrist band. That was a good thing to keep other non paying guests from coming in. However, we had just ordered our drinks and some dip and chips from a delightful waitress, Julie, who was great, BUT was then asked at 4pm to get up from our chaise, by a pool boy, so he could make up our chairs into a bed for a private party that wouldn't start until 7pm. We asked if they could wait until a little later because we weren't going to be there too much longer. It turned into a fiasco!! Another pool boy came over and started asking us for our name and room number. Our wrist band wasn't enough! That was it. We asked for a manager but she was no help. So we left there to find a place to eat because the hotel told us at check in the restaurant closed at 4pm and opened again at 7pm. After walking up the beach walk we went back to our hotel to have a burger at a stand they had set up for the guests. We then noticed people were eating in the restaurant!! Misinformed all the way. So we ate and had a very nice meal and the service was great. The waiter informed us this week the restaurant would be open everyday. After dinner we changed our plane reservations and flew home early the next morning. What a waste. BTW, we checked other hotels and they had the festival on their website.

1 Thank mimi048Houston_Texas
Dear mimi048Houston_Texas,
Thank you for your review. Please allow to apologize that your stay did not go over as well as it should have and that you were not informed of the music event that occurred during your stay. I can surely sympathize with you that had you been informed beforehand you could have changed your travel plans to a more suitable date. While it is apparent you experience d several inconsistencies during your, this is not typical of Delano or it’s service. We pride ourselves on creating lasting impressions and forging everlasting bonds with our guests. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity of having you stay with us again; I will it my personal goal to completely change your impression of Delano for the best. I invite you to contact me directly at Dwight.Palacious@mhgc.com when you are planning to return and I will set up your accommodations.
Kind regards,