“The Delano” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Newton, Massachusetts
“The Delano”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Cool hotel with lively bar scene. Location along the beach is ideally located. Rooms are all white and very peaceful feeling. If you have trouble sleeping then the city view is not for you. Had a great massage in the spa.

Room Tip: Rooms with city view were a little noisy with traffic.
1 Thank Kathie21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have been guest of the Delano 6 or 7 times since 2001 and will continue to visit the Delano for years to come. Even though the hotel is showing it's age and the rooms need renovation we stay at the Delano because of the people who work there. We love it when people remember our faces and once reminded of our names they don't forget. I'd like to mention how wonderful the following people are: Pool: Soledad, Roberto, Mariano, Diego, and the beautiful and always smiling Julie & Laurie. Rose bar: Sanchez and Front Desk: Jose. We are always greeted with a smile from Jean-Claude (JC) too. Everyone we meet genuinely appears to want to be there to make our vacation the most enjoyable. They care. My number one thanks goes to Lee Greenspan for always responding to my e-mails quickly and listening to our requirements and booking our arrangements. Again a big thank you to Lee. We are looking forward to visiting again next year. Regards, Gerry & Jo

Room Tip: Rooms are cool but expect the bathrooms and closets to be small. This latest stay we did have a roo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SuperGMoney
Dwight P, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Gerry and Jo,
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for all the positives you mentioned. The staff here is definitely our number one asset, and they are among some of the best in Miami Beach. I want to also thank you for your continued loyalty over the years. I know Lee is your go to guy, but please consider me your ally at Delano as well. Please feel free to reach out to me for whatever you may need, I’m always happy to help.
Warm regards,
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

A few key points:

- Rooms are "European" sized - i.e., much tighter than your typical American hotel rooms. If you get a double, you're getting two twin beds
- Hanging out at the pool area feels like being at a nightclub in the daytime. Think models, bottles, and loud music. If you're into that, you will love it
- You can hear the club from the bedrooms, so if you're planning to get restful sleep, don't count on it
- While the service on premise was great, it has been nearly impossible to reach the hotel since my departure. I'm trying to get an itemized receipt of my room charges for expenses and the reps on the phone have been both rude and dismissive. I'm not expecting to get this receipt.

Room Tip: If you face away from the ocean (and club), you might have a quieter room
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jasmine88888
Dwight P, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello Jasmine88888,
I am glad you enjoyed your overall experience. I am sorry you have not been able to get a copy of your receipt. I would be more than happy to assist you with this and invite you contact me directly at Dwight.Palacious@mhgc.com. I would also be happy to assist you in any future accommodations with us. Thank you for your positive review!
Kind regards,
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

One of the most famous hotel of the world, is still a very good choice in Miami. There is not so many things to say on Delano, service, rooms and food are perfect. Actually is not my first choice in Miami, for the hight rate, but if you have a change to get some special package or deal, don't miss it!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank silverstroveronesi
Hello Steve V,
Thank you for your review. It is very uplifting to read positive guest experiences and I am happy yours was nothing short of perfect. Please feel free to reach out to me directly whenever you interested in returning. It would be my pleasure to personally handle your reservation.
All the best,
Balneario Camboriu, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I have many reasons to call the Delano our Miami home...Its not only about the Hotel , its such an outstanding experience… We love to call it 'The Delano Experience"... !
From the day you walk in ,,until the day you walk out, they make you feel like home . (we live in Brazil)
It has been two years since we stayed there for the first time , it was our 10th anniversary. So cool we don't even consider staying anywhere else anymore. it was love at first sight .
The Delano just gets better every time…I make sure to drop some lines here on Trip Advisor.
It turned out to be that any special occasion is an excuse for us to stay there now..This October was our sixth time ( please, consider I have a sister who lives in Miami )
You cannot compare The Delano to any other hotel in Miami. ( trust me on this one…i've already stayed at the W , SLS, Mandarin Oriental, Setai , National….etc,.. The DELANO beats them all..)
The service is impeccable. Everybody is so kind and friendly.
Special thanks to the wonderful reception crew and the managers : Lee & Dwight , Stacey - ,Sheerley and Natalie .
The rooms are just perfect.!!! Wonderful nights of sleep , bed and shower are great. Everything is so clean and smells so good (WOW,the whole hotel smells amazingly good) special thanks to the cleaning ladies who took care of my sister when she had kidneys pain, God bless you. Not enough words to express how grateful I am to the team.
The Delano has the best Pool in South Beach by far…the whole pool staff is definitely A- plus: Soledade ( tks sweetie), Julie ( my girl), Bennito (brazilian) , Solomon, David , Mariano, Haley Diego,. Jeremy and the other tattoo guy from the bar became my husband's buddies.
Breakfast at Bianca is a must-have. Brunch on Sunday is a blast.FDR is my sister's favorite club.
I am already planning our next trip… see you soon guys
Alexandra & Rodolfo

Room Tip: Ocean fronts and Ocean views are amazing.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alexandra horn A
Hi Alexandra,
Thank you for your glowing and motivating review. I will be sure to forward your kind comments to all the staff mentioned. It was great having you and Rodolfo with us. Both of you are part of our family and I can’t wait until to welcome you back in the near future. Please be sure to reach out to me when you have your dates set!
Warmest regards,
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've lived in South Beach for 11 years. Over the last 2 years it has been great to see the Delano revived to it's early glory. The place has by far the best vide on the beach. The staff running the pool and the beach get it. If possible definitely make this part of your visit to South Beach.

1 Thank RichSBfun
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I've stayed at the Delano a few times before. And there was nothing about my latest visit that makes me want to consider anywhere else in South Beach! The Delano wins me over with its combination of style, service and of course, location.

Checking in and checking out was smooth. My room had a nice ocean view and was clean and comfortable. The beach area is very nice, but I prefer the pool area - it's a wonderful place to relax. Thanks to Marco, Diego, P.J. and Nick (to name a few) for the outstanding service - they are just a few of the reasons why I keep coming back.

The food was excellent. Besides the tasty pool menu options, I had an delicious salmon entree at Bianca for dinner. Looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank JonB72
Dwight P, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your moving review and for returning JonB27. I will pass along your comments to everyone you mentioned. It is very pleasing to read this. It greatly helps in keeping our staff motivated to continue delivering the experience you have come appreciate. Thank you for making Delano your “favorite” and I invite you to contact me directly at Dwight.Palacious@mhgc.com the next time you wish to come back. I look forward to hearing from you.
All the best,