WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #43 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Was Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed at the Delano for 3 days. The reason that we weren't expressed was that we were expecting so much probably. Well, the location is fantastic but bathroom was really small and gritty and staff wasn't so helpful as well but overall was OK.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Hello Oscar,

I'm sorry to see that Delano didn't quite meet your expectations. We do have several different room categories and many of them hve a much larger bathroom than the standard rooms.
Our staff is our livlihood here and I'm surprised to see that you found them rude or unhelpful. It is a rare occasion that we see something like this so we take it very seriously. I would like to know more about this. If you don't mind, please reach out to me personally so we can discuss and I can address appropriately. You can reach me at lee.greenspan@mhgc.com.

I'm looking forward to speaking with you.

Many Thanks,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in one of the pool bungalows for 4 days...

Pros - Nice bungalow, very spacious, fun...
- great fun spotting the posers and plastic surgery disasters at the pool (which we found novel in a good way - the pool, I mean...)
- loved (loved!) the sushi bar - super attentive and very sweet waitresses. I regret not remembering the name of the lady who served us the 3 nights we went there as I would have praised her by name in this review.
- Generally friendly staff.

Cons
- room cleanliness - average but if you are going to have all white decor, must be absolutely pristine in a way that simply isn't possible in a hotel room, I'm afraid... Was good enough though.
- the Shop Box is a bit "ick". But useful for putting one's laptop on to watch DVDs in bed I suppose...
- noise - whilst the double-glazing is pretty good (as it needs to be given that there is a DJ playing outside not far from the bungalows) you could still hear/feel! the base until the bar shut at 1am each night...

We didn't mind the cons too much as we kind of knew that that was what we would be getting when we booked here (our first choice hotel was being refurbished, so decided to come here instead).

Don't come here with young children or light sleepers though, whatever you do!!!

We're not great party people but decided to go with it and "bought in" for the few days we were there... you kind of have to!

• Stayed August 2013
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stopped by with some friends early evening for drinks by the pool. The property is absolutely beautiful and worth a look! Michele at the poolside bar was very accommodating. We were going to have a glass of wine but ended up getting a bottle. Rather pricey for what it was, but "when on vacation"...He set is up on a sofa by the pool and told us we could get in the water. (They also have tables and chairs in the shallow end (about 6 inches deep) - very cool! After over an hour of lounging poolside and sitting in the water, a hotel manager came and told us to "get out" that there was no swimming after dark. If we had been told that beforehand, we would certainly have obliged. He was very rude. Thank goodness we were staying at the Surfcomber Resort & Spa next door (a Kimpton Hotel) that has a pool open twenty-four hours a day and friendly, welcoming staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hello JJ,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to see that, for the most part, you had a very enjoyable experience at Delano. I will certainly pass this along to Michele at the pool.
Regarding the manager that asked you to get out of the pool; I apologize that this was a bad experience for you. Managers should always be gracious with guests and visitors alike. Often times we have to enforce hotel policy and rules, but there always a way to avoid being confrontational. I will address this and ensure that my team here is aware of the importance of politeness and patience in any situation.

All The Best,

Lee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Delano Hotel in South Beach at least two times a year for the past six years in fact it is an amazing hotel that offers first-class service to everybody in addition to that celebrities are abound they have a great brunch in a room that transforms at night to a great romanic atmosphere Complete with a pool table and bar the rooms are nice there painted a pastel green and white and if you get rooms in the 07 they have a bench by the window which is very neat to snuggle up

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Smwracer
Ocean, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

So what else can I say other then when I need to get away and find some sanity and sense in life...the only place I even think about is The Delano in South Beach. I have been going for several years and it never gets old...in fact it gets better! From the same friendly faces at he door when you arrive, to the team at the desk, Lee, Dwight and Sheerley, if you aren't a star they will make you feel like one! The rooms, the feel even the scent of the hotel is Unique! Steven and the entire staff go above and beyond to make the Hotel the best in all of SoBe! The staff at the pool...Soledad, Solomon and the ladies of the pool especially Julie and Anna are friendly familiar faces who go above and beyond to make your experience THE BEST. The food is so good a rarely leave the hotel except for dinner. Don't forget to venture upstairs to the Penthouse to Club Essentia and see Dr. Ivan for an IV along with a massage! The coolest spa you will ever find I promise you! I travel for business and 5 star hotels are my realm....but no place else compares to The Delano!

Room Tip: Either Ocean or city view is spectacular....best bet is a bungalow at the pool!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Petefromjersey
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights over a weekend. Sunday there's a pool party that starts around 3 pm. The pool lounges are reserved for hotel guests. Get there early, by 1 pm to get your spot. It gets very crowded after that. The hotel hired a mermaid to swim in the pool. Many beautiful locals arrive after 3 pm and hangout in the pool. Bottles of Champagne being consumed and great music by DJ. The party goes on til 8 pm. Highly recommend to stay here for Sunday. The rest of the week was ok. Trendy and diverse clientele of all ages. We had the ocean view room but a bit small. Location cannot be beat. Right next to SLS, where my 2 most favorite restaurants are. The Bazaar by Jose Andre and Katsuya. 5 minutes walk to Lincoln Road. Would stay here again in November.

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went down to the Delano for a Labor Day getaway, traveling alone. There was no reason for any concern. From the moment I arrived (actually, before as I spoke with a concierge before arrival), everything was perfect and I felt very taken care of. Check in was easy, my room was beautiful. The staff around the pool couldn't have been more attentive. I had breakfast a number of times in the restaurant and lunch around the pool. Prices are perhaps a little high (not inconsistent with a hotel of this caliber, however), but everything was fresh and delicious (and portions generous). And service delivery was always smiling, alway by name, all preferences were remembered. Staff keeps the pool area very clean, even though it's busy with a lot of turnover (even during the very well-attended Sunday party). I had a little problem in my room and it was addressed immediately - no waiting. I can't say enough about my Delano experience. I came down tense and exhausted and left with a smile and very relaxed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo