“Excellent location”

Ranked #43 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
London
“Excellent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights and in general our stay was very good. Th hotel is in a perfect location for the beach and the shopping area. The staff are very helpful. The rooms are nice with a very small bathroom. My only issue is with the description of the rooms - we booked an ocean view room and we were given a room on the 7th floor from where you could just about see the ocean but the view was more if the scaffolding on the adjacent building . We moved to the 11th floor which gave you a much better view of the sea.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room on a the higher floors
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
F D,

Thank you for the great review! I'm certainly glad to hear that all went very well and that our staff and service were above expectations. I apologize that you weren't happy with the 1st room that you were given. For the future, the Ocean View rooms on our website are rooms that face the North and East and are below the 8th floor. The room that you were ultimately moved to, on the 11th floor is also an Ocean View room, except that one is classified as "deluxe" meaning that it's above the 8th floor. In the future, please feel free to reach out to me personally. I'm happy to book you in a room that best suites your expectations. lee.greenspan@mhgc.com

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

stayed here from a wed to sunday . Smells likea dungeon a soon as you get in the lobby .Had booked room for 2 adults ad 2 children 13 and 12, intially gave a room which had toddler looking beds with no space for luggage , a tiny bathroom with the smallest zink ever after spending 429 dollar per night . no coffe machine, no water to drink . you had to pay 5 dollar if had to buy a water bottle from the hotel. They have all these odd looking furniture in the lobby that no one can use as it is not comfortable sitting at all . The pool looks okay , but you have to be there early so get a seat at the side of the pool . the pool bar forget abou it , small tiny place . no towels at the beach as its is always used up . you will have to pay extra for the umbrella, they will give you only 2 beach chairs for 4 guest. Cost of virgin pinnacoolada 12 dollars , buffalo wings count of 8-10 24 dollars and so on . i would recommend going to Ritz carlton which is next door and get a better service and better room for cheaper rate , very next to the beach .

Room Tip: if you are smart , donot book in this hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MSA1998
MSA 1998,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. It sounds as if Delano wasn't consistent with the type of hotel that you're used to. I can appreciate that... with the wide scope of guests that we cater to, occasionally, we're off the mark with what is expected. Delano is a boutique hotel, in addition to just being a boutique hotel, Delano sets the standard for all boutique hotels. Our rate is consistent with all hotels in our market and the product that we offer is of a quality that allows us to justify the cost.
As far as the smell in the lobby. I wish I could give you a good answer on that front. Usually when a guest mentions the smell in our lobby, they are asking where they can purchase it and what the fragrance actually is. We take great care to ensure that our lobby not only smells clean, but we also have a signature scent that has become wildly popular among our guests. I'm sorry you weren't able to experience that.
Our pool is our draw. The pool area is definitely the most popular venue at Delano and I have to agree with you, our guests do come down quite early to get the best seats. We work very hard to make everyone happy and we also understand that some guests just aren't able to make it down early. Between the pool and beach, we are always able to accommodate everyone.

I'm happy to take care of arranging your next stay should your travels bring you back to Miami. Delano is loyal to it's brand and we do have complete confidence in our product, however, if we miss the mark the first time around, we'll be the first to make amends and tailor a stay specific to any of our guests needs and expectations. I'm glad to do the same for you. You can always reach me at lee.greenspan@mhgc.com.

Many Thanks,

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I'm not sure where to start - I will just say that service is an absolute priority at this hotel, and they make everyone feel like they are a VIP.

First off, Lee was amazing helping set up our trip. Not only did he provide a great rate, but we were pleasantly surprised to find an upgrade as well. The most painless hotel reservation I have ever made, and everything was just as we expected when we arrived. Thanks Lee!

As for the property, the hotel stays true to the botique model in South Beach, but does it with a modern twist and attention to detail. We arrived just a tad early, but the team got us into our rooms without much of a wait at all. When we arrived, our bags were handled by a one attendant, while another opened the door for us, and yet another greeted us and welcomed us before we ever made it to the front desk. There are beautiful, kind people everywhere you look.

The room was exceptionally clean (think white, VERY white) - and the view from the front Ocean View was AMAZING. The hotel grounds are well kept, and there are plenty of places to relax, read, or visit with friends.

I agree with everyone that the pool is amazing, but be warned that a crowd hits the pool. they hit it early, and despite everyones best effort - once noon hits the attendants just can't keep up with the demand. It is beautiful, and filled with beautiful people - but it wasn't our "scene" (loud music, very crowded).

No worries though, we just walked out the back gate and onto the beach. If you want to go the relaxing peaceful route, walk past the pool and enjoy the beach. The guys helping are amazing and attentive. The lounge chairs are complimentary and they set them up for you. The umbrellas cost $25 to rent, but it's worth it if you plan on staying a while. You can also reserve lounge beds that are pretty cool. The Delano "area" on the beach is well maintained, kept clean, and chairs are spaced enough for a little privacy. Also, the crowd walking up and down the beach don't wander through this area. I know many will choose the pool, but we spent hours every day on the beach and had a wonderful time.

One more "shout out" to the hotel staff. Since we had a late flight, we weren't sure how we would be able to spend the day at the beach and still clean up. The hotel was VERY accomodating allowing us to check out late -- which made our last day much better than it would have been.

Yes, it's expensive. I debated long and hard over whether it would be worth it. In the end, we absolutely made the right choice. Next time we return, I won't spend 5 minutes planning -- just an email to the Delano.

Thanks!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
James,

Thank you very much for the excellent review! It was a pleasure to have you and I couldn't be happier that you had a great time. It sounds like you experienced the best that we have to offer here. I'm sorry that the pool scene didn't exactly fit your ideal environment but I'm glad to hear that the beach offered what you were looking for.
Of course moving forward, I'm happy to handle everything for you. Please always feel free to reach out to me personally. I'm happy to arrange everything for you.

We'll look forward to having you back as soon as possible!

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed for four days as a group to celebrate a birthday. This hotel truly delivered on every single level.

I have been lucky enough to stay at some "iconic" hotels in my time, but the Delano has one thing that many of those hotels cant or wont get right - true personal service. Lots of other hotels can deliver on location / rooms / history / views / food / but most of them tend to fall short on service in my opinion - either through a lack of personal touch or an indifference or snobbery towards their paying guests. Not the Delano - this hotel delivers on all fronts and its their staff who make the difference - every single Customer gets treated as special.

The effort and time that Lee & his team took to set some things up for us before we arrived was unbelievable and from the moment we arrived into that amazing lobby we were in love with the place.

Check in was a breeze and because one of our rooms wasn't quite ready we were given welcome drinks at the pool bar courtesy of the hotel.

The deluxe ocean front rooms are truly amazing and everything you could want in the room is there for you - great minibar, Malin & Goetz amenities, iPad and a bed and pillows that were perfect at the end of the night

As for the pool - wow, simply the best hotel pool I have ever spent time at. We got great seats every morning with no problem however I would recommend reserving before 9am at the weekend to avoid disappointment. Beds are really comfortable and the team at the pool are great and regularly check up to make sure you have everything you need. The cocktails are amazing - I'm going to miss the frozen strawberry margaritas! We also ate at the pool most days and the food was delicious - be sure to try the Kobe Burger. The guys looking after us were Diego and Marco and they were really great.

There are lots of reviews mentioning how expensive the hotel is but to be honest, we went out of the hotel for lunch one day to an average restaurant and the price was similar but without the location, service or standard that the Delano offer when it comes to food and drink.

We reserved a Cabana for the birthday night we were celebrating and we had such a great night with good music, great drinks and a nice relaxed crowd - our thanks to Castiana for arranging all of this and also Kelly our hostess for the evening who was great.

We did the pool party on the Sunday and it was a great day, although I would probably suggest if staying with kids to avoid the pool that day, its a proper party and the pool is very crowded

The concierge team were also great, D'Michael & Pedro were in touch before we arrived and gave us details on lots of great restaurants / clubs etc and made reservations for us (if you like steak be sure to visit Meat Market!)

I could go on but will wrap up by saying that thanks to a passionate team who work in an amazing hotel we had one of our best ever trips. Our thanks again to Lee & his team. We will definitely be back at the Delano in the future.

Nicky

Room Tip: Ocean Front rooms are worth the extra - I would ask for higher floor where possible
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Nicky,

You guys were a pleasure! I'm very happy to hear that all aspects of your stay exceeded your expectation. I know that this was a very important trip for you and I'm glad that we were able to make it memorable. Now that you've met the entire team at Delano, please feel free to reach out to any one of us. We're always happy to accommodate you and make any necessary special arrangements for your future stays.

Many Thanks,

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed as a couple from a friday night to Sunday afternoon for a staycation and to propose to my now fiancé. We had previously stayed at the Delano last September for only one night and loved it. This stay was perfect. I was able to coordinate with the staff to have my room decorated while i was in a couples massage so that on return i would be able to propose in the decorated room. They had a champagne bottle on ice and everything it was truly perfect. I live in miami and party in miami and go to the beach in miami so i wanted to highlight what i love about being a local staying at the Delano. The pool scene at the Delano is unmatched anywhere I have ever been. The staff is attentive, the chairs are cozy, the other hotel guests are beautiful and classy, the music is just right. The food and drinks are tasty. The beach was great too. Again, attentive staff cozy chairs. I loved the fact that we did not have to leave the grounds of the resort for anything. We partied in FDR and it was awesome to be able to go back to the room and then come back in an out of the club and out to the pool area with ease and zero hassle or hold up. You really feel like its your own place and the staff makes you feel at home. The smell in the lobby and the hallways is so refreshing an unforgettable i just love it. Our parents joined us for sunday brunch the next day which was delicious. They were very impressed with the lobby and its sleekness and class. I highly recommend this resort to anyone that can afford it. I can't emphasize how pleased i was with the whole experience. Having the restaurants, the amazing pool, the beach service, and the club all on site is really what you are paying for. That being said, i absolutely love the rooms. We stayed in a deluxe ocean front king and the contrast of the all white room with the crystal blue of the ocean outside of the window is truly breathtaking. If you do not have an ocean view, go to the spa and check the views from there. Its so relaxing i felt so good and at peace and happy being there. The room and bathroom was clean and the shower was huge and delicious. The room is fully stocked with everything you may need but be aware that if you use the items, with the exception of the small sized shampoo, etc in the bathroom, you will be charged. Thank you Lee for helping me coordinate this weekend. I couldnt have asked for a more memorable experience. We had such a perfect stay leading up to the proposal that it made everything that much better. We planned to invite friends this weekend and ended up opting to keep it just her and I because we were having such a nice time. The delano is our own local oasis that we will continue to visit for many years to come.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Carlos L.,

I'm particularly happy about this review and the account of your experience. You meticulously planned this stay and myself and my team were lucky enough to be a part of it... even a month or so before you arrived. I know that your expectations of Delano were very high and we are always up to a challenge. We always try to out-do ourselves and I hope that we were successful at that with you.
I know that you come to Delano often and live close by. At this point, it goes without saying that I will personally handle all of your visits moving forward. Hosting guests like yourself and delivering on experiences like yours is exactly why we are all in this business. Thank you for trusting us to handle such an important few days in your life. We'll look forward to doing again at your 1 year anniversary!

See you soon...

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a four-day stop-over in Miami to chill-out from a demanding rain forest trip. The wonderful atmosphere in this hotel, its fancy pool area and the direct beach access were just the perfect place to relax and "come back to the world" before returning to CH. We enjoyed the wonderful breakfast on the terrace and were spoiled with excellent and charming service from Alin, who reads the wishes of the guests in their eyes and ensures a perfect start into the day. Also the front desk (Nathalie) was very responsive to our wishes. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Anfeh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I spent 6 nights at Delano (Checked-in July 19). To be honest I wasn't excited about booking this hotel because of the review I saw and the rank within Miami South Beach Area, but a friend of mine recommended to me.
When I reached the hotel I was surprised about what I saw, the decor and ambiance of this place is outstanding.
The Hotel location is superb, the staff are professional and helpful, the room "Ocean View" is spacious and clean, the pool area is clean and well organized.
You have pubs, indoor and outdoor (FDR Club), and an italian restaurant.
The hotel has a beach Area as well and you can get a bed or a chair with an umbrella (You pay for it).
Overall, I loved this experience and for sure in the future I will stay there.
I highly recommend Delano South Beach

Room Tip: Ocean view is a very nice and big room for couples.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gaby A
Lee G, Front Desk Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Hello Gaby A,

Thank you for your excellent review. I'm glad to hear that you did decide to stay at your friends urging and found everything to be more than expected.

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you personally, however, since you've made mention of your intentions to return, please note that I'm available and happy to arrange everything for your future stays. Please always feel free to reach out to me. lee.greenspan@mhgc.com

Many Thanks!