Delano South Beach Hotel
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)
$261
$198
  • Pool
Gale South Beach(Miami Beach)
$229
  • Restaurant
The Hotel of South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$229
$195
Official Hotel
$189
  • Beachfront
The Standard, Miami(Miami Beach)
$289
  • Pool
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$499
$292
$272
TributePortfolio
2,844 results
All reviewsrose barblue doorbianca restaurantsouth beachwhite roompool barpool staffwhite decorpool scenebeautiful hotelpool partypool sidehotel guestsrooms are smallpeople watchingbeach servicelincoln road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was a wonderful vacation. Staff was outstanding and extremely friendly. Attended to our every need. Three people went over and above: Jose at the front desk; Andres at the bell station; and Solomon at the pool were extraordinary. You definitely get what you pay for here. I asked my wife where we would stay next time, and we agreed the service we received at Delano cannot be topped. Our anniversary could not have been spent at a better spot. you can count on a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: June 2013
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for your very positive review!

I've already shared your compliments with Solomon, Jose and Andres. It's always great to hear when individual efforts are noticed and have such a positive impact on our guests. As you mentioned, yourself and your wife have already made the Delano decision for your next trip to Miami Beach. I'm happy to handle your arrangements personally for that stay. Please contact me at lee.greenspan@mhgc.com a week or two before you would like to come, we'll definitely look forward to providing another amazing experience!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Delano is still the place in South Beach. But either you like it or you don't. I always like to come back because you have everything: Special designer furnished white rooms with comfortable beds, a unique atmosphere, fun at the Pool or a more quiet place at the Beach, delicious food on the lovely terrasse of the Bianca Restaurant, good service and a nice Spa. You can go for an early morning run at the beach and a lite night drink at the Pool-Bar or shopping on Lincoln road just a few steps away. You will also find the best restaurants just around the corner. Yes there are some flaws sometimes like the houskeeping, which definitely needs some attention. But I will come back anyway.

Room Tip: Ocean view room have just a side view only Ocean front rooms have a direct view on the Ocean. Some rooms have small bathrooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Hello Charlotte,

It was a pleasure to have you, as always. You said it quite clearly... Delano is Delano! While we do work hard to strike a balance and a common theme with all of our guests, we are also steadfast in keeping with the brand from which our continued success has been built upon.
I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed all of the offerings here just as you remembered, however, less than perfect housekeeping is not acceptable and your comment in that regard has been duly noted.
In the future, please let me know when you're coming down. (lee.greenspan@mhgc.com) I'd like to meet you personally and have the opportunity to handle your accommodations.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Once again, I'm wondering how to fit all of the Delano, South Beach fabulosity into this space. I am fortunate enough to have been introduced to this iconic destination by the Travel Channel years ago, when they did a spectacular review of this property and all that it has to offer. I have been addicted to the 'Delano experience' ever since, visiting 3-4 times a year during each cold New England winter for at least a week each time. The consistency in world-class guest care is what keeps me returning, but more about that later...... It is truly a magical feeling as soon as you arrive, with an amazing indoor-outdoor lobby. You immediately feel like you have become a part of a high-end adult playground. Rich, dark floors with huge white columns and massive billowy sheer white draperies are all accented by a beautiful variety of fabulous, interesting art pieces and many different types of seating eating/social areas that move on through, down toward the back of the building. This is where the Delano's wonderful main restaurant Bianca is located. It provides fine dining with authentic, organic Italian dishes that are sure to delight. May I suggest the signature dish TruffleTaglietelle - homemade pasta dish in a lovely cream sauce that is covered with fabulous truffle shavings. Also equally amazing is the King Salmon, the Petite Filet Mignon, the Salmon Carpaccio, the Heirloom tomato salad with fresh goat cheese, the Big Eye Tuna pizza, and the Pasta Pomodora. There is something for everyone, and this restaurant will certainly please even the most discriminating foodie. In addition to the many wonderfully talented and knowledgable servers and hostesses (Greg, Jason, Etti, Stephanie, Lacey, Tanya, Paulo,Bradford- amazing !) the Manager 'Rosario' and the Director ' Mahmood' will certainly be visible, be present, and ensure a perfect dining experience. Many other eating and socializing choices are available throughout the property including Umi Sushi, Rose Bar, Delano Beach Club and FDR. The huge famous infinity pool is truly something to behold, for just relaxing while enjoying a wonderful selection of cocktails, champagne and food selections, or for just enjoying the social scene, with beautiful white lounges and/or Cabanas that will suit your every mood . It is secure area with direct immediate access to running/bike paths and of course, a pristine South Beach that will surely please. With all it has to offer, you will see that Delano is a self-contained property, and with its fitness areas, and the Spa 'Club Essentia, some people, like me, feel there is really no reason to leave the grounds. If you choose to do so though, Delano is perfectly located with in walking distance to Lincoln Road and many restaurants and fun attractions.
Delano is a breathtakingly beautiful property with its sexy, whimsical aura and decor, and it always provides the very finest in guest services and customer care. The Philipe Stark design is absolutely magnificent with its cool, sexy clean lines and a beautiful variety of guest room choices. Marble everywhere, comfortable seating, large plasma TV, bevelled edge mirrors and fine linens make for a very luxurious and comfortable stay. The hotel and its grounds are spectacularly maintained with regular, discreet beautifications. The biggest asset of Delano though is most certainly its entire staff. Professionals of the highest caliber that ensure each guest is enjoying a fabulous, individualized stay.
Lee Greenspan, Nicolas Black and Steven Hiblum are absolutely amazing in managing a fine team. These guys are amazingly talented and knowledgable and the consistency and pride with which they perform their duties trickles down throughout the entire staff. Their attention to detail with the very highest caliber guest services, is apparent whether it is your first or your 20th visit .
Front desk staff: Stacey, Sheerley, Natalie, Zulfiya, Jose, Dwight,and Willie and Nora - thank you for everything you do and for always being so wonderful, friendly and thorough.
Bellman: Sam, Cesar, Jean-Claude, Aldo....you are the best, love you guys !
Pool/Beach staff: My beloved Diego and Soledad, Lorena, Skip, Eman, Mariano, Anna, Marco, Julie, Julia and Julianna , Jeremy, Mathew......every day is perfect ! Thank you.....
Housekeeping/room service : Alvina, Nery, Judith, thank you for taking such good care of me.
Again I encourage readers to come visit Delano, South Beach. You will be enthralled by 'all things Delano'......I promise !
See you in the fall my dear Delano friends !

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stay at the Delano South Beach frequently: girls trips, work and family weekends...doesn't mater the reason-every time I stay here, it surpasses the last. Lee the manager, Willy the concierge and Carlos the bellman go above and beyond to make sure my stay is perfect! This hotel is the master at customer satisfaction and I continue to make this hotel my absolute favorite! Thank you Lee and the entire Delano staff! I will be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Emily,

Thank you for your great review! I remember your first girl's trip here and everyone in the party was a pleasure to deal with. It's been great to see each of you return one by one since the original trip and I'm happy to see that the service levels have remained equally good or better than what was delivered during your first stay.

People like yourselves make our "job" a pleasure and we look forward to coming to work each day to interact with such wonderful people.
I'm always available to yourself and to each of your friends. I'll handle all of your accommodations at Delano moving forward and I'll look forward to a long lasting friendship with each of you.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is expensive but as a boutique hotel right on South Beach it is certainly worth it.

The reception area is a beautiful welcome. The pool is fun and a great spot to hang out and people watch. The pool boys were extremeley helpful and attentive in ensuring your lounge is set up and any drinks and food are quickly ordered for you.

Our room was on the 11th floor looking out to the beach. The rooms are small but they are all white and minimalisitc which makes the space feel very lofty for the size. The added extras such as a well stocked mini bar and great "tool kit" of extras you may need during yor stay are the little details which make this hotel so cool.

There's a bar area that has music till about 11pm which we could here from our room, but everywhere in South beach is noisy till much latter then this - so we were ok with a bit of music till this relatively early time ( for south beach that is )

• Stayed: May 2013

Nafstar,

Thank you for your excellent review. You very effectively described our hotel and what to expect in the environment that we create here. We always try to have several events, activities, dining options, and an excellent pool experience available at all times for our guests. We work hard to ensure that you don't need to step foot off of the property if you don't want to.
As is the theme with most boutique hotels, our standard rooms, while on the small side, are comparable to similar hotels. We do have several room categories at Delano. Above the standard rooms, we have loft suites, one bedroom suites, poolside bungalows and the penthouse. All very large and luxurious it is rare that any of our guests regret treating themselves! I'm happy to arrange your next stay and I'll be happy to show you a couple of the specialty rooms that I mentioned above.

It was a pleasure having you and we'll look forward to seeing you again very soon!