“Simply the best in South Beach ,Miami”

Delano South Beach Hotel
Ranked #43 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Simply the best in South Beach ,Miami”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Forget the other hotels
Forget staying anywhere else
If you want ..
The best location
The best staff
The best food
The best all round service
Then stay at the Delano
I've been coming every year for five years and I love it
Yes it isn't cheap
But in life what's good is worth paying for
Do yourself a favour , book the Delano
It's worth every cent

Simon Taylor
England

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I love this hotel, the second you enter the lobby you know this is a special place. The theme is white, the rooms, lobby, everything is a spotless white. The pool is terrific, the restaurant called the Blue Door is expensive but delicious, they also have a sushi bar in the lobby along with the very swank Rose Bar ..The grounds are perfectly, spotless and magical, at night the pool area gets transformed into a clubby outdoor trendy bar scene. Never stayed in the outdoor rooms, but they look great. The regular rooms are small, and without balconies, but still very nice, nice toiletries and very chic. This is an expensive place, but the whole thing here is the vibe, and it is beautiful. as are the women who seem to be everywhere. I will be back.

Room Tip: I would go for an ocean view room if you can afford it
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
New Canaan, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I headed to The Delano in Feb to celebrate our Anniversary. The staff was incredibly nice and we had a good time despite the cold front that rolled into SoBe. The best part of the hotel is the pool and beach area, so with the blustery weather, we weren't quite able to realize that value this time. The day we did spend by the pool was festive with yummy food and drinks that are a bit pricey, but good nonetheless. The Delano, being a sexy place (see headline) attracts a celebrity crowd, and there was one by the pool whose privacy I will respect by not naming. The lobby is also expansive (but freezing cold) with a pool table, bar, and sushi restaurant. All fun. There is a club on site, called FDR, with easy access. We are not much for the club scene, but went one night anyway. We left a short while later after I discovered a local patron going through the pockets of the blazer that I had taken off and put down. A sleazy element can find you anywhere in SoBe but it seemed like this group was looking for hotel guests to prey on since right before I caught the person, I had been repeatedly asked if we were staying there. It made us feel that we were not their first "mark" ever. Word to the wise.. Be wary of suddenly friendly strangers!
The hotel room itself was very small with all white decor that's basic and kind of cheap. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows weren't at all I asked for a down pillow and was promptly sent one that was feather filled and also uncomfortable. The bathroom was super tiny but serviceable. I had just come from staying a few days at The Breakers in Palm Beach, whose turn down service includes a gourmet chocolate or cookie, whereas The Delano, although a similar room rate, does not go to that effort or expense. All in all, I would stay there again, and bring my own down travel pillow though! The location can't be beat - on the beach and so close to Lincoln Road.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank kiddiebrain
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I met a friend at the Delano last weekend. We chose South Beach in general and the Deleno specifically for time in the sun (pool and beach), relaxation, and fun. The hotel itself, the pool area, and the ocean view from our room were gorgeous, but what made the weekend for us was the staff. They were fantastic. Everyone we encountered from the moment we arrived until we left was very personable and seemed genuinely happy to help. One tip about the pool, if you want a lounge chair, get there early to claim your spot. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the less noise from the party going on in the lobby. Ocean view is spectacula...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Miami Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you are looking for the best of the best, this is the place for you...the entrance is just like walking in one of those beautiful Palace, reserved for Kings and Queen...the decoration is fabulous, the colors of the lights make it look like Paradise, beautiful Bars on each side....the outside, the restaurant with everything ready for your comfort and degustation...the service is top, sometimes too much when you want to be left alone for conversation, then you have a great set of stairs, like in a Chateau, and direction the huge swimming pool with another bar where you can also eat at the bar...chaise lounge, where you can relax after the pool, and drink one of their delicious cocktail.....I know Paradise is not strong enough of a word for the DELANO...it is expensive, but if you are not ready to spend some money, you don't come there. PERIOD....

Room Tip: Unfortunately, I didn't sleep there, but my friends were very pleased. I know they will return...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Delano is always a great place to stay, the service is good and the envoirment always elegant and magic.
The price is not low, but come on, if you don't want to spend money you certanly don't come to this place.
You will certanly meet some celebruty during your stay...Singers, dancers, rock stars or famous designers.
Enjoy the bar and the pool...and of course enjoy South Beach!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I loved the Delano when I entered the lobby. I spent my birthday last year at the rose bar with friends and had an incredible time. I could not wait to stay there the next year. I traveled solo from Seattle in December. First the good- the staff -all of them from front desk, bellmen, concierge, pool staff, bar staff were incredible; the pool fantastic, the sushi amazing! now the less than amazing...poor..I was put in a room that was beautiful and comfortable until the next morning while in the bathroom getting ready to take a shower and looked out the window...only a flimsy towel rack blocked the view. When you take the towels off, no curtain only an open view to the construction workers on a high rise platform looking right in on me. Seriously? I'm in a luxury hotel on a high floor. Never in my life at a 4 star hotel had I ever had a bathroom where they knew there was construction next door not have a curtain or a warning!!!! The front desk staff were wonderful and accommodating and moved my room to the opposite side of the construction. Greatly appreciated, but come on, at $500+ /night for a city room, that should never happen. Asked to fill out a survey to rate my experience, I did and only heard from the rose bar manager which I had only had a great experience. I will book elsewhere next time, more from the lack of response from management than the initial shock.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo