“The Delano served up exactly the kind of weekend I was looking for.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delano South Beach Hotel

You added Delano South Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Delano South Beach Hotel
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1685 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Delano Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
LOWEST RATE - Up to 25%
Ranked #44 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Austin, Texas
“The Delano served up exactly the kind of weekend I was looking for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I met a friend at the Delano last weekend. We chose South Beach in general and the Deleno specifically for time in the sun (pool and beach), relaxation, and fun. The hotel itself, the pool area, and the ocean view from our room were gorgeous, but what made the weekend for us was the staff. They were fantastic. Everyone we encountered from the moment we arrived until we left was very personable and seemed genuinely happy to help. One tip about the pool, if you want a lounge chair, get there early to claim your spot. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the less noise from the party going on in the lobby. Ocean view is spectacula...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you are looking for the best of the best, this is the place for you...the entrance is just like walking in one of those beautiful Palace, reserved for Kings and Queen...the decoration is fabulous, the colors of the lights make it look like Paradise, beautiful Bars on each side....the outside, the restaurant with everything ready for your comfort and degustation...the service is top, sometimes too much when you want to be left alone for conversation, then you have a great set of stairs, like in a Chateau, and direction the huge swimming pool with another bar where you can also eat at the bar...chaise lounge, where you can relax after the pool, and drink one of their delicious cocktail.....I know Paradise is not strong enough of a word for the DELANO...it is expensive, but if you are not ready to spend some money, you don't come there. PERIOD....

Room Tip: Unfortunately, I didn't sleep there, but my friends were very pleased. I know they will return...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Delano is always a great place to stay, the service is good and the envoirment always elegant and magic.
The price is not low, but come on, if you don't want to spend money you certanly don't come to this place.
You will certanly meet some celebruty during your stay...Singers, dancers, rock stars or famous designers.
Enjoy the bar and the pool...and of course enjoy South Beach!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I loved the Delano when I entered the lobby. I spent my birthday last year at the rose bar with friends and had an incredible time. I could not wait to stay there the next year. I traveled solo from Seattle in December. First the good- the staff -all of them from front desk, bellmen, concierge, pool staff, bar staff were incredible; the pool fantastic, the sushi amazing! now the less than amazing...poor..I was put in a room that was beautiful and comfortable until the next morning while in the bathroom getting ready to take a shower and looked out the window...only a flimsy towel rack blocked the view. When you take the towels off, no curtain only an open view to the construction workers on a high rise platform looking right in on me. Seriously? I'm in a luxury hotel on a high floor. Never in my life at a 4 star hotel had I ever had a bathroom where they knew there was construction next door not have a curtain or a warning!!!! The front desk staff were wonderful and accommodating and moved my room to the opposite side of the construction. Greatly appreciated, but come on, at $500+ /night for a city room, that should never happen. Asked to fill out a survey to rate my experience, I did and only heard from the rose bar manager which I had only had a great experience. I will book elsewhere next time, more from the lack of response from management than the initial shock.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Jnz1995
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

wonderful and trendy place to stay in Miami Beach. The pool is really amazing, the happy hours are great, rooms are quite small but everything inside is wonderful and fully designed. Lovely breakfast, recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank patricio s
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I do love the Delano, I really do, but it bothers me that both times I stayed there I felt like I was sharing the pool with a lot of non-hotel residents (they allow people to pay a daily entrance fee to the pool area). That just doesn't sit quite right with me. I can only dream of how lovely that pool area would be without all those parading ponies. That said, rooms are great, public areas are great, service is excellent, and it's got the total Miami vibe going on.

Room Tip: Sea view is nice but city view is fine too, given that there are no balconies for chilling out on.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013

I'm very glad to see that all aspects were enjoyable for you. Service, rooms, common areas.. We work hard to deliver a perfect stay in all areas and you, as a guest, deserve the best that we have to offer. On that note, I wanted to address your concern at the pool. During the day, the Delano pool is very strictly for hotel guests only. We do not allow non-guests to enter nor do we charge for entry. In the evenings (after 6pm) provided that attire is appropriate, we allow visitors in to enjoy the Delano Beach Club. Also, we never, under any circumstances, charge for entry to any of our venues. The only exception would be for events such as New Years Eve or private functions.
Regarding rooms, you're correct, standard rooms do not have balconies. All of our one bedroom suites and bungalows do however.

All The Best,

Lee
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Having just submitted a glowing Sterling survey to Morgans Hotel Group regarding my beloved Delano, South Beach.....I am thrilled to now ONCE AGAIN take a little time to post yet another review for Trip Advisor. I love to travel solo, and usually do so frequently throughout the year to temporarily get away and totally indulge in life's best. After seeing a raving review of Delano on the highly regarded Travel Channel a few years back, I decided I just had to experience it , and I am so happy that I did.
Delano is the epitome of comfort, opulence, and sexy, chic style that just cannot be matched. It's baseline glamour and flavor are quite something to experience, and with every return visit, (I now visit for a week about every 6-8 weeks now throughout my snowy New Hampshire winters) I am repeatedly delighted with updates and beautifications that always delight ! I notice every detail, and with my history there, one must recognize the illustrious Morgans Hotel Groups successful endeavors in remaining fabulously competitive/current in a very demanding market. While remaining a highly regarded iconic South Beach hotel, they continue to consistently provide innovative updates and honestly, they provide the highest quality of world-class service and accommodations. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else I'm Miami, and am, for sure, 'a guest for life'. It is difficult to contain the thrill of the Delano experience to a reasonable length narrative, but as usual, I will do my very best.
It is a breathtakingly beautiful property with its whimsical, provocative, decor that certainly provides something for everyone. It is a fabulous, self-contained property that quite thoroughly provides everything in comfort and indulgence one could desire. The entire staff is amazing, providing the finest in customer care and focusing on individualized professional customer care. The white rooms are gorgeous and extremely comfortable with the finest offerings in linens and finishes, including Carrera marble, rainfall shower, and lots of glass. Fine Malin Goetz amenities and a large flat screen top off the mood. Although perfectly situated on South Beach, and within walking distance of Lincoln Road, with a large variety of shopping, dining/night life options, I still feel there is really no need to leave the Delano. Whether you are looking for total relaxation and self indulgence, or a glamorous celebration at a beautiful popular destination, its all there. The AGUA Spa ( which is just now transitioning into 'Club essentia' medi-spa ) has a huge variety of Spa choices with Steven, Aida and Nicolas continuing to be the very best I have dealt with in high end spa experiences . The hotels' gorgeous Philippe Stark design will have you smitten from the very start- Amazing indoor-outdoor entrance with huge white columns and billowy sheer white fabrics that invite you to proceed and to experience 'all things Delano'. Several different dining options and 'social' areas are sure to please whatever your tastes happen to be .....Rose Bar, Umi Sushi and the pool bar and/or beach dining all provide delicious experiences . Bianca's fine dining restraunt is the crown jewel for any one who appreciates authentic, organic Italian cuisine. May I suggest the Pasta Pomodoro , the Salmon Carpaccio, Heirloom tomato salad with goat cheese, Petite Filet Mignon and of course, the amazingly delicious signature dish - Truffle Tagliatelle ! A pasta dish with shaved truffles that is ridiculously delicious. Rosario, the fabulous manager, and Mahmood, Director of restraunt operations are amazing professionals that are quite visible and will ensure a wonderful dining experience, I promise. The famous, huge private infinity pool is the most beautiful I've ever seen, and the staff anticipates your every need. Easy access to the fabulous beach through a secure gate opens you up to public areas or to the gorgeous private beach experience that Delano provides.
The biggest asset at Delano, despite all its fabulosity, is most certainly the staff members. Professionals of the highest caliber that consistently provide the finest in guest services.
Lee Greenspan, Nicolas Black and Steven Hiblum are amazing in managing a fine team. Consistent, thorough , professional care with enthusiastic, individualized attention to detail provides an unbelievable stay. All three of these fine men are quite highly regarded and the pride in a high level of service trickles down through the entire team.
Front desk staff : Stacey, Sheerley, Natalie, Zulfiya, Jose, Dwight, Willie ......thank you for always being available.
Bellman: Sam, Cesar, Jean-Claude, Aldo...love you guys !
Pool/beach staff: Skip, Diego, Soledad, Anna, Marco, Mariano, Jeremy, Mathew, Kevin, Brian and Lorena......every day is perfect
Bianca: Rosario, Mahmood, Greg, Paulo, Bradford and David - second order of Truffle Taglietelle, please.
Housekeeping and room service: Alvina, Nery, Judith ....thanks for taking such good care of me.
Corporate: Josh, Dan and JP .....you are so wonderfully talented, and I so appreciate your kind words.
Come visit Delano , see what I have seen and come to love !
See you soon my Delano friends !
Simply the best !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Dja D
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Donna Jean!!!

As always, it was a real treat to have you here again! I have printed and posted this review all over the hotel for every staff member to see. Thank you for pointing out so many people. Your written recognition is the single best tool for morale and I assure you, your kind words make a lot of people feel great about the job that they do so passionately here.
We will be in touch and your next visit is right around the corner. As usual, we'll be ready to deliver another amazing Delano experience!

See you soon!