“South beach perfection”

Delano South Beach Hotel
Ranked #45 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was a little hesitant to stay here at first. Was on a business/girls weekend. My friend and I are not celebrities or models, but the location was perfect. My family owns a luxury travel agency, so my mom wanted me to do a little recon for her too. She usually places people at the Ritz, for fear that her clients would feel out of place. I can't stop raving to her about this place. First, the customer service was impeccable. The staff at this hotel are amazing. It was never snobby. We felt welcomed and met a lot of really fun and interesting people there. The food is also excellent. You can walk to everything you would want to do on south beach with ease. The rooms are very classic south beach boutique. So by this, I mean they are a bit small, with a very modern/art deco style. The pool is beautiful and comfortable and celeb sightings are common. I would recommend renting a cabana if you have more than 2 people in your group and plan to spend a lot of time at the pool. My friend and I had grand plans to see several of the clubs on south beach, but we ended up never leaving the Delano. We never wanted or needed to. I also highly recommend going to the Rose Bar and asking Bernie to make you a drink based on your tastes. The man is a genius.

Room Tip: The ocean view room is essentially a city view with a small glimpse of the beach. If you want a full...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Medgirlok,

Thank you for your review! It sounds as if you had the idea that Delano was a bit on the pretentious side...I am so glad to hear that decided to stay with us and were able to experience just the opposite! We welcome all sorts of people from all cultures all over the world. Everyone gets the same high level of service and recognition.
You also touched on another very important point. We do boast that we are a "self-contained" destination. We work hard to provide innovative and original cuisine, nightlife and pool experience. While there is a lot to experience on South Beach, we want to be able to provide all that our guests could possible desire and more right here on the property.
Please know that I am available to both yourself and your mother. I'm happy to provide experiences just like yours to those close to you and any clients of your mom looking to travel to Miami Beach. Always feel free to contact me @ lee.greenspan@mhgc.com.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is the place to stay in Miami Beach. We were greated by Sherley (forgive the spelling if incorrect) at reception and the stand of excellent service delivered through out the hotel during the whole stay was set. We enjoyed a glass of sparkling white to make the check in process even less painful. The decore in the lobby areas is different to say the least, but it is interesting and demands you pause to admire. The Tuesday night pool party is worthy of mention and worth attending. Room (in my case 9th Floor view over the pool to the beach) is well appointed and continued the theme set in the common areas. White is the colour. Loved the hotel, enjoyed the service and would not be looking anywhere else when in Miami. Again I should mention Sherley who as polite, effecient and frendly and remembered my name throught the stay. Well done. Ross, Australia.

Room Tip: If you can get a room overlooking the pool towards the beach any floor is okay.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your detailed review.

I have already passed along your comments to Sheerley. Thank you for pointing her out, she is definitely one of the best and sets the tone at check in for many of our guests.
The ambiance at Delano is purposely refreshing and unpredictable. Design and service are priorities for Delano and throughout Morgans Hotel Group. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed all of the offerings here.. from the room to the Tuesday party, to service and aesthetics.
We look forward to welcoming you back and providing the experience all over again!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just came back from the Delano, and it will be the last time. When I booked the room, I saw there were a number of rooms available including city view and Ocen View rooms. Since it was supposed to be a pretty special weekend, I booked an Ocen View Room for 930.00. When we got to the room, however, we couldn't find the ocean. Instead, we had a view of Collins Avenue and the pool at the hotel next door. I called the bellman and he told us that the website is actually kind of misleading since in order to see the ocean, you have wait until daylight, go to the corner of the room and look over the hotel next door in order to see the ocean. I told him that we would just take a city view room, which is hundreds of dollars per night less, but he said (of course) that they had none left. He said that he would try to get us a credit of the difference between room but we never heard back from him.
I've stayed in some of the nicest hotels throughout Europe, Asia, and the United States and this was not one of them, although the prices are higher than most. I understand this hotel is supposed to be very cool and that models and rappers like it, but there was nothing particularly nice about the room except for the fact that everything was white (I guess that is really important to some people). I was highly offended that a hotel that is supposed to be first rate markets their rooms in such a deceptive manner and I will never stay in a Morgans Hotel again. I have stayed at their hotels in LA and NYC and this is the first time something like this has happened, but I was highly offended that in order to scam people out of an extra few hundred per night, they would do something like that. The rooms are bigger, nicer, and less expensive at the Ritz Carlton and the Setai.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
4  Thank zackymax

Thank you for your review.

It's always disheatening to hear that we have missed the mark with one of our guests. I apologize that your experience was disappointing and we would like to make it up to you.
I would like to touch on the concerns that you detailed above. Clearly the view from your room and the feeling of being mislead on our website ruined your entire vacation. Because these things had such an impact, I'm assuming that you spoke to a manager or at least to the front desk to express your displeasure with the room. If you don't mind, I would very much like to know with whom you spoke. Whatever solution was offered to you obviously wasn't satisfactory and I think it's important for us to come up with viable solutions so that this issue doesn't repeat itself. Our bellman are very good about reporting any guest concerns to managers. In this case, we didn't hear from the bellman. If he did offer some sort of follow up but didn't deliver, that's certainly uncharacteristic, and I will follow up immediately.
Regarding the room: We have many categories. One of them is Ocean View. Ocean view rooms, for the most part, face due North. They have windows that allow the guest to have a view of the city of Miami, north on Collins Ave, and the ocean. Because the beach is a big draw for Delano guests, it's important that we inform guests that these rooms do in fact have an ocean view. For future reference, we also have ocean front view rooms. These rooms directly face the ocean and you're able to see up and down the beach as well. I believe that you would enjoy this room type based on your review. Please contact me the next time you're in town. I will gladly upgrade you to a deluxe ocean front view room on the highest possible floor. It's important that we have the chance to win you over and change your opinion of our hotel.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed over at the Delano for 3 days, this February.
From the moment we arrived to the last minute prior our departure, the attention to details, care and the level of hospitality that we received were nothing but perfect.

The overall aura that prevails in the Delano is unique, especially to those who are looking for romantic gateway coupled by an extreme feeling of ease and welcoming.

The delicious food, the pool experience, the music, the guests, and the excellent Delano staff all contributed and shaped this unique 3 days into an utterly perfect vacation and gateway.

Honestly, if you are looking for a unique vacation, stop looking.

Delano Hotel in South Beach is the Answer.

Ron
02/17/2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Ron G,

The title of your review says it all! We're always very humbled and proud to know that we were able to provide a meaningful and unforgettable experience for one of our guests. I'm glad that your stay was impactful and fullfilling from start to finish. It seems as though you definitiely plan to come back. I'd like to extend myself to you personally. Please contact me directly prior to booking your next vacation (lee.greenspan@mhgc.com). I'm happy to tailor your stay specifically for you and yours to ensure an experience even better than this one.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Delano is a precious GEM in the hearth of SoBe. I stayed to celebrate my friend's birthday and we had a blast. The staff will go above an beyond for you! The design and the atmosphere is "unique". Special thanks to the reception and concierge staff who made our stay very special. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Erodrig,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Delano is among some of the very best hotels in Miami Beach and certainly being the best of a very elite group takes a lot of passion and hard work. You had a great experience and I'm very happy to hear that. From what you mentioned, there are many contributing factors that made your stay unforgettable, not the least of which is the staff. I will pass along your comments to the front office team as well as our concierges right away. Genuine people providing excellent service is quite simply the only formula for a hotel to be successful for as long as Delano has. We're happy to have had the opportunity to provide you a great stay.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel is absolutly gorgeous!! The lobby is phantastic, 24h music, trendy bar, the Blue Door restaurant was perfect, the pool and beach magnific.
The service - from the reception desk to the beach service is excellent
No douts in recommending this hotel - perfect for a nice stay in South Beach

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gigioliveira

Thank you Gigoolivera, for your excellent review.

We work hard to keep our high service standards uniform throughout the property both day and night. It seems like you were able to experience the best of what Delano has to offer. We'll look forward to welcoming you back as soon as possible!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was visiting Miami but staying at Soho House, since I work for the company for over 10 years now. However, I stayed at the Delano back in 1998, and I had the BEST time and memory of my stay. I revisited and stopped by this time. As i was entering the lobby, I ran into Dale Araten who kindly showed around, and recommended me to have lunch @ Bianca. Where I had an amazing meal and service by Ettie. She impressed me with her service and I was amazed that she spoke 5 different languages fluently. I'm looking forward to my future stay at Delano South beach Hotel.

1  Thank Elena C
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your review. It's great to know that Delano has a lasting impact, even on those who are only with us briefly. I have already passed along your sentiment to both Dale and Etty. Thank you for pointing them out specifically. They both go above and beyond daily to ensure positive memories of our hotel.