“Book your room now!!!! SPECTACULAR!!!!”

Delano South Beach Hotel
Ranked #46 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I first visited the Delano on a business trip and enjoyed a drink by the pool. I was so in awe of the grounds and beautiful venue that I promised myself for my birthday I would be back as a guest...and I did! I had the most AMAZING birthday weekend at the Delano! The staff was wonderful and very attentive. I had some issues with the original location of my room (near ice machine/elevator) , called and spoke with the manager Lee and he took care of that in a big way within minutes! Just amazing!!! I enjoyed a great spa day with girlfriends at Agua Spa located within the hotel and a beautiful brunch on Sunday morning. Unfortunantly I have to check out in the morning :-( . I LOVED so much that I vowed to make this an annual trip and have already spread the word to friends for their future visits to Miami that the Delano is the place to stay!!! I will be booking a room soon with the Delano for 2013! Can't wait!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Samia1981
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Samia,

Thank you for the great feedback! It was truly a pleasure having you and getting to know you a bit. Of course you know, I'm always available to personally handle your accommodations in the future.

See you soon!

All The Best,

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel staff could not have been nicer and more attentive, the rooms were spotless and the hotel and pool are absolutely gorgeous. All around, a great place to stay in Miami.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Celebrated my BFF s bachelorette here. Began with champagne on the beach with three beds for nine girls. It was perfect. Best service on the beach by Big Mike, Gleb and Abdel !!! Thank you guys :)

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I'm very happy to hear that some of our world class beach staff had a great impression on you. I will certainly pass along your kind words. I'm not sure if you actually stayed with us or just enjoyed the facilities, but regardless, next time yourself or your friends are in town, please feel free to reach out to me personally. I will be happy to extend you that same Delano experience again and again!!

All The Best,

Reviewed June 22, 2012

my 1st time in miami and def the place to stay to get a feel for what miami is about.... 1st day we walked in - everything is lovely and grand... but we thought for the price we paid its a lot.... but the next day (1st proper day in the hotel) we realised its all about the atmosphere and service. Delano is def the place to be in miami - staff were absolutely amazing - when we booked the holiday breakfast wasnt included - got to the hotel and they said it was - saved us money!
made restaurant reservations for us
checkout was suppsoed to be 12pm but as our flight wasnt until 6pm they let us have the room till 3.30!
all the guys out the front of the hotel were so friendly and always happy to help

did feel there wasn't enough staff in the hotel reception - usually just the 1 person

pool area great atmosphere

Rooms were smaller than expected - esp as we got ocean king - bathroom was tiny - for one person only

Spa - lady called kim did my treatment - she was lovely lady!

we have stayed in some amazing hotels in my time but this has to have been 1 of the best ever holidays ive had - and was partly due to the hotel

was my birthday when we were there and the hotel sent a lovely platter of chocolates and strawberrys - my borthday night we went to a restaurant called barton G - def 1 to check out

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seema c
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was Miami's highlight. Although our room was rather small we were completely satisfied we everything else. To start with the breakfast on the terrace ist simply fantastic. The service is perfect and they are willing to give you 100%. In the evenings people stream into the wonderful Philipp Stark designed lounge with the huge mirror leaning against a wall and the light voiles swinging in the breeze. Recommendation: order some oysters at the bar and add the ambience as spice.
The pool area is impressive and the location the best in Miami!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bushara
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The Delano is a classic icon on Miami Beach and it looks and feels just like when it was opend by Ian Scharger and Phillip Stark, everything is kept to perfection and looks brand new. The service just keeps getting better and we will continue to return every chance we have. Everyone is very friendly and the pool is unique in South Beach. Perfect for a romantic get away combined with a great dinner at Bianca!

Room Tip: Ask for teh Alcove rooms...city view, but larger bathrooms and sitting area, my favorites rooms at D...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I’ve stayed at hotels all over the world and this is the first time I felt the need to write a review. The Delano showed me a level of customer service I have never seen before. It will be hard to stay elsewhere with such high expectations.

I came to town with a friend during Urban Beach week. The timing was an accident and we were less than enthused. Lee Greenspan and Willie ensured understood our concerns and took time each day to ensure an incredible time. We even received a call from Lee, while he was home tending to his sick daughter, still concerned with our well being. Jose at the front desk is a cool dude always there for advice dished out in a baritone voice. Bernie was always there with the right drink and advice on life that only a great bartender would know.

Room Tip: Try for a pool view room to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Addam S
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Addam,

I am very grateful that you extended your trust in our team and decided not to change your plans. It was a pleasure to handle your accommodations and I hope to be able to do it again soon! I know that you guys were a bit concerned regarding the festivities on the beach over Urban Beach Weekend, however, I'm glad that you were able to experience the self-contained property that we pride ourselves on. Of course you know that I will handle all of your needs in Miami moving forward. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Many Thanks,