“You Get What You Pay For”

Lexington Hotel - Miami Beach
Ranked #136 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Days Inn in Miami. We chose this hotel for the price and it showed. The lobby and the pool were beautiful but that was about it. The staff was not helpful. We tried to order food to be delivered and the concierge was resistant in helping us with this task. The friendliest person in the entire building were the security guards. I tried to get a soda at the pool Tiki Bar and the waitress asked me to hold on a second and then left. I gave up before she returned. The rooms have not had any updates so they were dated and somewhat dirty. Also, there were only 2 elevators and one of them was out of service. I spoke to someone who stayed in this hotel about a year ago and they stated it was broken then too. This made check out very difficult because everyone was trying to bring their luggage down with only 1 working elevator. Besides the fact that a few times we tried to get on the elevator and their were custodial people on there with laundry carts. There was obviously no service elevators either. The hotel was very noisy. Each morning there was a weird banging noise we couldn't figure out. Did not sleep very well. All in all the hotel was less than stellar.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shannon D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,476)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I read the reviews on this motel and I was dreading arriving for the stay! It was nothing like the reviews. Yes one elevators was broken but it was fine. There was not a huge wait! Our room had no roaches or ants like the reviews stated. No bugs at all. Our room was clean and the housekeeping was great. The shower wasn't from hot to cold like some of the reviews. Never ran out of hot water. Anything we needed they would get. It was right on the beach so the location was great! We lucked into parking right across the street from the motel. It was the last place. The other parking garage was caddy cornered to the motel. Not 6 blocks down! We will be staying there again when we go back to Miami! Just to let you know it wasn't up to date, but the beds and pillows were great and the bathroom all worked. No need to update when everything is comfy and works. This keeps the price down! Price and stay was great!

Room Tip: We stayed in 902 and it over looked the pool and ocean! BEAUTIFUL! 901 and 902 and 903 all over lo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This review gets one star simply because tripadvisor does not allow you to give a review with 0 stars. I don't even know where to begin. Lets start out with the check-in process. We provided our confirmation upon checkin showing our rate including taxes - at the point they advise us that they have a different rate in their computer for us which is an extra $35 per night plus tax. What is more perplexing is that the form they printed out for us to put our vehicle information on had the correct amount, but they continued to tell us they had to charge us the amount in their computer and we would "sort it out" tomorrow. I told them I had just enough room on my credit card to cover the room charge on my confirmation so there was no way we could pay the larger amount. They told me I would have to give them cash for the difference and they would refund it the next day once it was all sorted out. This did not seem right to me. They should charge me the amount on my confirmation and they could sort out their computer problems later. They would not let us check-in without paying the amount in their computer, so I ended up giving them the cash and agreeing to sort it out the next day. The next day, I check my credit card, and not only did they over charge me, but I had a separate charge from them that I had no idea where it came from. When I confronted them, they said that was for being a "no-call no show" the day before we checked in. This was not even a part of our reservation...so how could we be a no-call no-show?!!! They refused to refund the money. We had originally called to add a day to the end of our reservation but there was no availability so we left it alone...there was never anything mentioned about adding a day at the front of our reservation. To make a very long story short they overcharged me by $220 and told me I would get the cash back upon checkout. When it was time to checkout, I turned in my keys and asked for my cash back at which point they told me I would get a credit on my credit card within 5-7 business days. Ummm NO! I paid cash - I want cash back! They said ok, then you will need to give us your credit card, so we can charge you for the cash we are giving you. Does that make any sense? No! If you owe me money, then why do you need to charge my credit card in order to give me the money you owe me?!!!! I was told on more than one occasion that "theres nothing I can do for you." and "the person you spoke with isn't here right now, so you are out of luck" , etc. etc. This is by far, the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel. My husband is a Wyndham employee and we were absolutely appalled by the treatment we received. We witnessed several other guests with similar problems and they were treated poorly as well. The staff was completely incompetent and unwilling to help and they had terrible attitudes.

Now to talk about the room....First of all, they were dirty, stinky, outdated and disgusting. You can tell that they were infested with mold and everyone we travelled with got extremely ill from staying there.The beds were lumpy with springs sticking up, the furniture looked like cheap crap from 1950 and I don't think the bathroom had been scrubbed since the hotel was built. They only had one working elevator so anytime you needed to go up or down it took at least 30 minutes due to how busy it was. There is no wheelchair access to the hotel at all and no way to get a luggage cart off the entry way to load/unload your bags. The only parking was accross the street in a garage for $30 a day ( a complete rip off). We've stayed in 4 star hotels with valet that only charged $16 a day. This place is the biggest freaking joke in Miami Beach!!! Wyndham needs to take a wrecking ball to this property to save themselves the embarrassment and their reputation. I'm beyond disgusted! Do yourself a favor and stay as far away from this property as humanly possible!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank thedjsgirl4208
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had a great stay at the days inn, the rooms were clean and the staff friendly and helpful espcially Astrid.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
MRosado5057, General Manager at Lexington Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
I’m very pleased to know you had such of wonderful stay with us at Days Inn Miami Beach/ Oceanside with a clean guestroom, and that your encounter with our staff was friendly and helpful. I will make sure to inform Astrid of your kind words about your experience with her during your stay. Kind regards......

Reviewed March 10, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
3  Thank Graciela B

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The owner and General manager should be embarrassed and ashamed of this hotel. It is truely beyond words how bad this place is- in every aspect. Do yourself a favor- spend a little more money to stay elsewhere! My husband and I, along with our sister and her boyfriend are stuck staying here (minimum 3 night stay) and desperately wish we could all go elsewhere. The rooms are FILTHY- our room had dirt and pubic hair on the floor, drawings on the walls, and the mattress was sunken into a U shape. We requested a 'clean' room- and we were told it would be an extra $20.00/ night. Our sisters' room had the toilet seat up with urine dripping off the rim upon check-in. There is one functioning elevator (the other one broke down, trapping guests inside for an hour). Today we got to our room on the 8th floor to find that our keys no longer worked, and had to walk down 8 flights of stairs (rather than wait 15 minutes for the elevator) to have the keys reprogrammed. Combine that with a sour staff, out of order vending machines, a daily 'safe fee' (whether you use it or not) and a $25.00/day parking fee- if Trip Advisor would let me give a rating of no stars I would most certainly give it. I have travelled around the world, third world countries, etc- Days Inn Oceanside Miami Beach is hands down, without hesitation, the grossest, dirtiest and most disappointing hotel I have ever stayed in. I recommend the Sheraton here- same price range and far, far better than this sorry excuse for a hotel.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms- just bad and worse
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Chefdread

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
I’m sorry that your stay with us at Days Inn Miami Beach/ Oceanside did not meet your expectations. We read our guest reviews and share them with the staff in order to continue improving. Kind regards......

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for couple of days. Hotel is right in front of the Miami north beach. However, the neighborhood is a bit scrappy - no decent place to eat. South beach and Lincoln road is ~15 mins driving which was ok. However, the hotel seemed to be poorly managed. Dark corridors, old and noisy lift and carpets in the room were not at all clean. Furthermore, they don't even have wi fi in the rooms. Unimaginable in modern standard. Parking is paid street parking but its free between 6PM to 8 AM in the morning. The hotel is ok for one night stay but if you are looking for booking this hotel while vacationing in Miami - don't waste your money and effort. pay little more and stay somewhere else with good reviews.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Although, after reading your review, the property located in Miami North Beach is not the Days Inn Miami Beach/ Oceanside. Our property, Days inn Miami Beach /Oceanside is located in Mid Miami Beach (4299 Collins Avenue, MB, FL)
Kind regards…..