1,630 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The (sort of) good: Upon checking in, the very nice people at the front desk told me I was lucky because there are only 7 rooms with balconies and my family got one of them. We were on the 5th floor and the balcony was HUGE (bigger than our room). From what I could see, it looked like the room beneath us also had a huge balcony, and the rooms above us had normal sized ones. It would have been nicer if there was some furniture out there (other than one metal chair), but it was still good luck for us to have gotten that room. I say this especially because we had a gorgeous view from the edge of the balcony, and all of the other oceanfront rooms on our floor seemed to have only small and kind of cloudy windows, many of which seemed to face walls or (egads!) our balcony (mental note: probably shouldn't have done that yoga out there in my pj's).

The (really, really) bad: After checking in, we went straight to the beach. When we came back in we discovered that our hotel (and ONLY our hotel) did not have any water, so we could not shower off the sand and salt. We called the desk and were told the water would be restored in 30 minutes. Several hours later, they were still saying "30 minutes..." This basically ruined our plans to sightsee for the afternoon and go out to dinner, because by the time the water came back on and we all got showered, it was after dark and we had given up and ordered a pizza.
Okay, here's the thing: as long as the view is good, I usually don't judge hotel rooms harshly because to me they're just a place to sleep in between outings. But this time my family was basically forced to spend the entire day filthy, itchy, and cramped up in our hotel room because we could not shower (or flush the toilet, yay). So, I am going to go ahead and point out the door that didn't lock, the nasty carpet and tiles, the blood (!) on the hairdryer, the (very, very strong) turpentine smell in the hallway, the weird loud grindy alarm noise in the middle of the night, the terrifying and very slow elevators, the nasty stairwells, and the incredibly icky restaurant in the basement. I'm not going to say that this stuff is to be expected for such an inexpensive place in Miami Beach, because the Best Western a few doors down was MUCH nicer when we stayed there last year, and it was comparable in price (we would have stayed there again, but we booked too late to get an oceanfront room). We only had 4 days for vacation in Miami & the Keys this year, and this hotel basically ate one of them. So I’m going to go ahead and say “Not Recommeded.”

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2012

The staff of this hotel were very nice, the room was clean, and the location was good. The building is old and more importantly, seems to have had very little maintenance. I am a fire door inspector and the fire doors are not code-compliant and will not protect the hotel guests if there is a fire. The stair door adjacent to my room would not close, and my room door had huge gaps around it. In a fire, the smoke would pour through the openings, compromise the corridors, and fill the guest rooms. Given the state of the building, I couldn't help but wonder if the sprinkler system was connected to a water source. I should have questioned the low price but I guess I expect a certain level of safety regardless of the price. I did not feel safe staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LGreeneAHC
Reviewed April 14, 2012

The staff here is very polite and helpful. The hotel itself is old and in need of repair. We were very happy with the oceanfront room. Beautiful view! The bartenders at the tiki bar were great however.....they ran out of jack daniels and captain morgans after our first drinks and were unable to get more. We did order lunch at the tiki bar. Food was very good and a good price. The restaraunt below the hotel is gross and dirty. The breakfast buffet was $12 but there is no sign to inform the guests about the cost. (we went out for breakfast). The pool area was clean and so was the pool itself. It was great being so close to the beach, not much of a walk. The parking issue was deifinitely disappointing. (parking garage $25 a day across the street) So....if you want a cheap place to stay on the beach and the staff is helpful....then this is the place for you. If you prefer a nicer hotel, you will have to pay the higher prices.

Room Tip: Recommend oceanfront room, higher the floor the better
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2012

The staff seems like they work very hard and are very courteous (we checked in with one gentleman at 1030pm and walked by the lobby at 8a the next morning to see the same guy there!)

My fiance and I had a corner room which did have a great view of the Miami skyline and the parking garage where we had to park our car (some sites say this hotel comes with parking--- it does NOT.) The room itself was spacious, but that did not make up for the absolutely disgusting bathroom! We found five long black hairs all over the floor, sink, shower, toilet, and hanging off of the tiniest hair dryer we'd ever seen! The bed was horrible and felt like the mattress was old and well beyond warn out. There were several points in the room and bathroom where the plaster/paint was peeling or cracking off of the walls and the windows were "disabled for our protection" so we could not even vent the musty smell that permeated everything!

The elevators are archaic and we had several points where we actually began to worry about them breaking down with us inside. There were two running and they took forever.

I saw other people on here say something about the safe charge being applied- regardless of whether or not you ask for it or use it. In other hotels, it's included in the rate or can be brought to your room upon request (the size of it did not indicate it was too heavy to be moved with the help of a simple cart.)

Bottom line- My fiance and I would recommend paying the extra 30-50 a night to stay at a place further up Collins Ave- near the heart of South Beach- where there are many more things to do and for only a few dollars more ($25 at the parking garage by Days Inn and $7 more + tip for us) the valet can take your car and worry about parking for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, up high- they are larger and you may get a view of the parking garage where you have to place your car!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The Good: Great location, about 1.5 miles away from the nice part of Miami beach. Cheap place to stay for the location.
The Bad: The Inn is not updated what so ever, outlets in the room barely work, key to get in your room never works. You have to change your card at least once a day. The staff overall wasn't bad except the overnight guy. Every time my friend and I asked him a question, he answered with attitude. He was the type of person who looked like he hated his job. Very rude and terrible service. I know it's only the days inn but his service was below average. I can't remember his name but we left April 1st and it was night/morning.
Also if you stay at this hotel do not order from Chicago Pizza, it's a scam. The place is not even legit, if you Google map it the address is fake. I ordered from there and the food looked like it was fake, weeks old and who knows how healthy it is.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends