1,233 results
All reviewssouth beachwet willieshardwood floorsbars and clubsnews cafeocean drart deco hotel
Reviewed September 5, 2017

The service was bad the maid did not clean my room and when I called the front desk and asked the to come clean my room and they stated to me that the maids was gone for the evening. I asked if they could give me clean sheets and a broom so i could clean my own room they gave me sheets no pillow cases. never again would I stay there!!!

Room Tip: hell NO! had to request for them to clean my room each day
Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ms b
Eddie N, Director of Sales at The Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Hello Ms. B, we extend our sincerest apologies if your room was not cleaned, typically we service every room daily unless a do not disturb sign is placed on the door, should that be the case then we skip service for that room on that day. We are a smaller hotel so we do not have staff in the housekeeping dept. on a 24 hour basis, we service all of our rooms between 9 AM to 5 PM - once again please accept our sincerest apologies, we'll speak to our staff to make sure this does not happen again in the future.

Reviewed September 2, 2017

went for lunch, had great meal, run by an Italian nice guy; at the begging steak was not as requested, not médium rare, upon requested server promptly changend for as I inicial ask it. fast and kind service on top of ocean drive; freindly cool athosmphere.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Dear Guest thank you for your review and feedback!

Reviewed August 30, 2017

If you only need a place to sleep this is it. The A/C barely worked, there was no pool or exercise room, no chairs for the beach... I even had to get a manager involved to get ice, yes freaking ice!!!

Room Tip: Only if you simply don't want to sleep outside.
Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Ronald M
Mirta E, General Manager at The Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2017

Dear Ronald M,

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet nor exceed your expectations during your time with us.

We are working on getting our own ice machine to ensure we can cater to our guest with the request without any hesitation (Columbus restaurant is a separate entity from the hotel). Unfortunately, we do not have a pool on property, most hotels in Ocean drive don't, since we are all located directly in front of the beach.

We hope you can provide us with a second opportunity in the near future, in order to recover from these hiccups you encountered.
Feel free to reach me at Manager@colonymiami.com

Reviewed August 30, 2017

It was what I'd expected. A hotel directly on the strip across the street from the beach. A lot of Miami energy daily at the doorstep. A little outdated with a old timey elevator but the room was clean enough and service was adequate. I'd stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Dear 534tiffanyn,

Thank you for taking the time in completing a review.

One of our unique jewels is our elevator, its actually preserved by the Art Deco association. It sets us apart from other hotels in the area because of our history & charm.

We are excited to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed August 30, 2017

I was charged twice for my stay, i paid in advance and was also charged at time of check in, i understand there are mistakes but this wiped out my bank account and spending money for the weekend in south beach, my first real splerge in my life, and i was disappointed in how things were handled, it took me having to dispute the charge with my bank rather than them actually processing a credit and admitting a mistake. Also the bar tender did not know what Grand Mariner was, and I was unhappy with the room as i was put next to the front entrance instead of a quiet room requested.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mirta E, General Manager at The Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Dear Neeahmb,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your review.
We take these matters very seriously & it concerns me to hear that the way this was handled was not up to your expectations. I truly apologize for the mistake & would love to be given an opportunity to rectify this for you.

At your earliest convenience email me directly to Manager@colonymiami.com