WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #178 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Brooklyn, Nyc
“Awesome stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

As an avid traveler, allow me to give you a review you can count on. I paid for my room before I got there. Which was so much easier. They only hold $50 on a CREDIT CARD (or a Bank debit card). No prepaid cards allowed. If you have to use cash for the incidentals its $500. I was checked in, in 10 minutes.
Pros: LOCATION!! Amazing, right across from the beach. STAFF, very very nice. I had 0 problems. They gave me beach towels when I needed them.
The room was very nice. They had a flat screen tv, free wifi, a college size fridge in the room. The bathroom was very nice. It is not the typical showerhead. Its a square that comes from the top. It was very nice. The hot water was plentiful. I have a ceiling fan and the AC was amazing.

The lobby was buzzing with guests there eating, watching the soccer match. Not too loud, but very normal for South Beach.

The only thing about eating there, as all the other reviews, they do charge a 20% surcharge on everything. The prices are not competitive with the other restaurants in the area. You truly can get better prices if you comparison shop up and down Ocean drive.

Overall, I had an amazing stay. If I had to go back I would. But each time I go I like to stay at different properties. But I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Try to get the 2nd floor rooms. The elevator isn't that big :)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank IamJavone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
St Kilda, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was better than I was expecting. Having read the reviews on trip advisor, I was nervous about my booking, but really wanted to stay in a classic art deco hotel.

I'm glad that we went with the Colony. My 2 teens and I felt welcome and we really enjoyed our 4 day stay.

We were greeted by Carlos at check-in, who was very friendly and helpful and gave us some terrific suggestions for activities during our stay.

The rooms were nicely refurbished and the beds were comfy. The shower was great - it had a rain shower faucet and there were nice products to use.

The only criticism of the room was that the air conditioner was poorly located and made one side of the bed very cold.

The restaurant downstairs was good for breakfast, we also gad dinner there one night, but it was pricey and very touristy so i would only recommend it fir breakfast. (There are better and less expensive places along the strip and in the streets parallel)

You cant beat this hotel for location. I was expecting that it would be noisy. But we were there for the 4th of July weekend and had no trouble sleeping.

The beach is directly across the road. And the hotel supplies beach towels.

I would recommend this hotel. Particularly if you want to walk to everything as we did.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jane B
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Having seen some negative comments I thought I would make a review. Me and my friend stayed here 2yrs ago and we had a great 2nights here.. Room was good, location great and best of all was the front desk man Albert, he really did attend to all our needs and was so helpful and friendly, we would stay here again based on his customer service alone.. But the hotel itself is just as good.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

To start off I'm here now as I'm writing this. The toilet makes this noise for 2 minutes after you flush. The Chinese lady doesn't clean your room till you leave. The lobby smells like straight dead fish. Every damn time you walk outside they ask if you want to see their menu. There food sucks. The rooms feel like your in prison. No view. The tv takes 5 minutes to boot up. Only thing I like is that the shower pressure is like a fire hose and the air conditioner actually works. Besides that this place sucks. Stay at the fontaineblue or don't stay in miami beach

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Ed K

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Colony on our 2nd wedding anniversary for one night. It was right on South Beach in walking distance to everything. The price was a bit high, but appropriate for the area. When we got there the guy at the front desk upgraded us to a beachfront suite for free. It was awesome! The hotel has had a lot of renovations, but you can still see how old it is. There were some things that were broken and such, but no big deal. It is very loud so beware if you plan on going to sleep early it if you're a light sleeper! The noise doesn't end until about 3 am.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karevas87
Viersen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Right in the middle of everything with walking distance to bars, restaurants, shop and just across the street to the fantastic beach. The room was spacious, clean with comfortable bed, tv, fridge, safe and plenty of space to store things. Will choose the hotel again when back to SoBe.

Room Tip: Room 216 is at far end of the floor so no noise from Ocean Drive or other guests passing by. It'...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank TravellerViersen
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a personal favorite. My Lady and I stayed here last year and decided to come back. Hotel is clean , the staff is nice and courteous. Located on the strip, with Wet Willies , Fat Tuesdays, Mangos and more within walking distance. Saturday night enjoyed the "dinner & show " at Mangos . Found a nice little pizzeria called Mega Pizza around the block. RIGHT across the street from the beach. We stayed 4 dayz and enjoyed ourselves. DO NOT order any food or drinks from the restaurant attached (Columbus restaurant) while we didn't eat there thanks to a review we read, upon coming in late on night my lady wanted a Coke...... $5.81 and it didn't have any fuzz. This is the only complaint we had ..

• Stayed June 2014