“Great for a weekend getaway!”
Review of The Colony Hotel

The Colony Hotel
Ranked #172 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 23, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Yarlin V
Eddie N, Director of Sales at The Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

There are newer reviews for The Colony Hotel

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Colony on 8/19/13 and we were very impressed. The room was very nice and we had a ocean view. The bed was super comfortable and I loved the shower. The hotel is in a prime location, right across the street from the beach. The only thing that I didnt like was the elevator but other than that I give it two thumbs up. I would definitely stay there again when I return to Miami. Thanks Harold, for all of your help you rock!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KOrtiz920

Dear Guest, thank you for your review - we always happy to read that our guests enjoyed their stay at the property, its hard not to with such beautiful weather and ocean views! Please do not be scared of the elevator, it is very old but reliable, and its part of the charm and history of the building.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

He was the best he made sure room up to par room service was exceptional and was very informative bout activitys around the area...this location is right in the center of it all..hotel food is great ...Sixth stay here n ill keep coming back thanks harold

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank malisima
zero11382, Director of Sales at The Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for your patronage and your loyalty to our establishment, it's always adds to a good day to read about how well our customers have been treated by our staff, it is good to know that Harold has made that difference for you!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

You cant get a better location than this for a stay at South Beach which was what the most important thing for me was.
Having said that, the hotel is a little run down. The walls are paper thin so you can hear your neighbors in the next room talking.
This is a huge party area so if you want a quiet nights sleep it will be tough to get at any of the hotels along this strip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Annie,

Thank you for the review, most of the older boutique hotels in Miami Beach (the Colony Hotel included) were born in the 1930's/40's so the construction of the properties is not what we are used to today, if there is one thing you can point to in Miami Beach as a detriment to our guests it will most likely be the noise experienced from the nightlife in the surrounding area, I know this can be too much to bear for some people, so we do want prospective clients to be aware of the location and the scene in Ocean Drive prior to booking, we appreciate your input!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My friend recommend me to stay in South Beach. I liked the look of this hotel and location. I booked through hotels.com. It was easy to reach from the airport and back. Only had one night and wished I had more nights to enjoy. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a beachfront suite with an amazing view and a great room. When I come back to Miami...I will stay here. Thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TsunamiCayeCaulker

Dear Caye, thank you for the positive review, it's great to know we just added another repeat client to our rollls, we will be more than happy to welcome you back when you book your next trip to Miami Beach!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just got back from the Colony-good hotel-Top rated friendly staff-went on internet and printed off maps,tickets for the baseball etc-these are genuine good guys-their attitude more than made up for a million dollar refit of this hotel-which i wouldn't like to see-this place is living history-Tony Montana is oozing out of this place-your in the thick of it for bars and nightlife-and some genuis has put it right across the road from one of America's most iconic beaches! you couldn't make it up-i'll definately go back and 100% recommend

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ThrobbinGristle

Dear Guest thank you for the great review, our staff has really taken to providing top notch service for our establishment, we have seen this not only from reviews and comments made by our clients but by the amount of returning clients that we are currently receiving! We hope you will be one of those clients in the future!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I went to South Beach with my sister and some friends for a couple days this past July to give my sister some R&R from caring for our sick mother. I chose Colony for the great price, but upon my arrival, I would have never expected the amazing service I received from Harold. I barely parked the car at the hotel and he greeted me with such warmth and accommodating demeanor. He took care of EVERYTHING! I actually read reviews about Harold's service and completely understood why guests raved about him when I saw his name tag. The hotel was clean, inexpensive and conveniently located on ocean drive. I've stayed on South Beach numerous times and when traveling on a budget and still trying to stay at the center of the excitement, the Colony proved to be ideal. I'm already looking to book with them for my birthday in October. Thanks for everything Harold. I truly appreciate your hospitality!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Zee M

Thank you Zee for the wonderful review - it seems like Harold is on quite a roll as there have been numerous reviews praising his service lately! Once again thank you, I'm glad to read that he is making a difference to so many of our guests