The Colony Hotel
$299
EDITION
  • Pool
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$178
$513
$369
$168
Kimpton
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$248
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
$429
$285
Agoda.com
1,199 results
All reviewssouth beachhardwood floorsbars and clubsnews cafeocean dralfredospring breakart deco hotelamazing locationrooms are smallmiaminightlifescene
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I travel to Miami two or three times a year and when I'm in South Beach always stay at the Colony. Yes, I've tried many other hotels, but the Colony has the best rooms, services and location, and NEVER lets me down. This is an affordable, cool and historic art deco hotel, right next to the News Cafe with great staff and all the rooms are newly renovated and have amazing TV's. The beds are comfortable, the maid service is prompt and provide top quality towels and bedding. I've stayed here over 10 times and always left happy and looking forward to returning.
Thank you Colony!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Ocean Drive.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank chefmarc100
zero11382, Director of Sales at The Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you Marc for the wonderful review, I'm very happy to hear we are your hotel of choice while in South Beach and we hope to strive to your expectations every time so that we remain your one and only choice!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Obvious,y no one wants to drive and pay for parking in south beach so I decided to stay on the strip. Great location for sure. Carlos the hotel manager did what he could to make our stay enjoyable. However we didn't get the room I paid for. The bathroom was dirty. I don't know. Wouldn't be returning. Not even for the location. Our friends stayed at the Modrian South Beach just 5 blocks away and my boyfriend and I looked at each other and know we messed up! Same price way better everything!

Room Tip: Doesn't matter what you book. It's not a guaranteed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Jessenia, sorry to hear you did not receive the room you had booked, I'm not sure where you booked but I can assure you that if it was booked on our website or directly through the Front Desk you would receive what you booked, I mention this because a lot of 3rd party vendors offer ROH (Run of House) rooms and detail that you will receive whatever the hotel has in stock in the fine print, if you would contact me at sales@thekenthotel.com I can look into your stay to find out what went wrong and make amends should it have been the hotels fault. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

OK. I have never written a review for any establishment that I have been to, but I feel inclined to do so for The Colony Hotel. First off, the reason why I chose this hotel was for the amazing location (beach right across the street, wet willies on the corner, mangos a street down, johnny rockets right next door), but that's where the positivity stops.

We have a late flight, so you WOULD think that check in at 11:30pm would be smooth, NOT THE CASE HERE. The front desk person, who I forgot his name, but he did say he was Haitian and he had a weird little mustache (in case anyone who works there wants to have a talk with him), at first, he didn't want to take the card I orignially booked with because he didn't know that they can take debit cards.....(.......) and he COMPLETELY DISREGARDED to tell me that they take out a deposit just in case you get crazy and mess the room up (I will get to this in a moment). He was cursing and banging on the machine that activates our room cards because they weren't processing. I told him that we will be back for one of the cards because he have prior engagements and had to start getting ready--he didn't let us.

FINALLY, after 10 minutes of this weirdo, we get to our room, and at first, we say "AAWWWW, this is CUTE" and they accommodated my requests for no carpet, and a cold AC. I immediately check for bedbug signs (because you just never know) and to my surprise, we find droppings underneath the sheets (it's bedbug droppings--i googled it). I then go downstairs to put in my complaint, but this guy "cant do anything about it" soooooo we pretty much had to sleep together on the other bed, even though we specifically reserved a deluxe double for a reason

Moving along, we only stood there for a few hours and proceeded with out weekend.

WE NEVER GOT HOUSEKEEPING
WE NEVER GOT NEW SHEETS, NEW TOWELS, OR TOILET PAPER
I'm sorry, I should not constantly ASK for this.

Room service was a joke, the delivery lady ASKED for a tip (uuummm, no)
They just did not care about their guests.

Remember when I mentioned earlier about the deposit? Well, Had I been told this during checkout, I would have made sure to put in more money on my card because I only used that card for the hotel. Turns out, I didn't have enough funds to check out because of the $57 they took out and DIDNT tell me about....so my friend had to use her card.

They said by Wednesday it should be back on my card....it's wednesday, where is the money???

Point is, I would NEVER return to this hotel.
Message to the Manager, or someone who cares in that establishment: I've never experience such horrible customer service. There needs to be a stricter training process and daily evaluations of your staff. Horrid, simply horrid.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Mercedes, so that you are aware the gentleman whom you encountered during your check-in was new at the time and he was dismissed of his position due to other issues. I'm very sorry that you had to experience such treatment, I would like to correct your remark about bed bugs though. The hotel contracts an outside company for pest services bi-monthly, we do not have any bed bugs issues at the hotel. As any exterminator can attest, it is almost impossible to verify the existence of bed bugs by marks or "droppings" on sheets or a mattress, neither can you determine what is a bed bug bite versus a mosquito bite for example. Regarding your Debit card, upon check-in our staff is trained to get a credit card/debit card or cash deposit not only for the room but for incidentals, any hold or authorziation placed on a card typically drops off within 3 to 5 business days (this is not governed by the hotel, it is determined by the speed in which you card issuer works) - since Debit cards are not credit cards the holds show up as a "charge" and then simply disappear once the hold drops off, this information should have been provided to you upon check-in, and I apologize if it was not. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at sales@thekenthotel.com or at 305-604-5068 Ext. 3001 should you wish to speak in further detail about your stay.

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Miami beach is one of the most overpriced areas I've ever visited: crappy but very expensive hotels.
Colony still has almost reasonable prices, but lacks in service and cleaning. The room was ok, even though not very clean; the bathroom and the towels? A nightmare!
For the same price you can stay in much better places in downtown Miami or on Collins or Washington ave.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Federico, I'm dissapointed to read your review, but I would partially agree that Miami Beach is a bit overpriced (I would contribute that more to restaurants than hotels though) - one of the complaints we receive the least is about cleanliness issues, so I'm very surprised that you encountered this, please feel free to contact me (sales@thekenthotel.com) so that I can speak to you in detail about your stay and see what we could do to make sure someone doesn't have the same experience you encountered.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

On check in it was smooth, once we walked in he room it smelled like pine wood or as if it's been closed up for a long time. Room is average, there was no desk to sit a lot of shelf for storage and that's it First problem: my boyfriend sat on the bed and I collapse, went downstairs and had the front desk guy call for the maintenance guy speaking in soanigh the front desk guy told the mintenance guy there is no room o transfer us and he needs to o now and chek (btw i soeak spanish--- but i dont think they knew that. I walk back up the stairs because the levator is extremely slow, 10min later both of them come up and check on the bed something was loose I not hooked right so they fix it apologize and leave. We continue to unpack and my boyfriend wants to do a little work, because it stated free wifi, we tried or bout 10min and I o o he phone to call front desk and it's dead no is, tone nothing. Can't heck because it's behind he dresser.

Now I walk back down to the front desk same guy I. Guessing he works 3-11pm. I tell him phone not working he says Maintenence guy will one up and check, I asked about Internet he says you can only get it in the lobby. The lobby is small it because the bar and eating rea s in he same area. I then go back up frustrated from a long day just want to take a nap, THE BED was horrible, you could hear the spint creaking sound very unomrtale. 4pillows extremely fla I asked for more pillows and they were out.

Next day early morning I go down to check on because only in the lobby you get email. I walk down nd tried or about 15min before I ask the guy at the desk gig s a different guy that I can't get connected nd he goes you have a Mac it's going to be hard to gt connected. At this point I'm annoyed because why state free wifi they hold include if ou have this this on work, I ad o en up sitting on an uncomfortable stool by the front desk to get connected.

We checked out and I won't recommend ths hotel to anyone that wants to be in the heart of outs beach nd sleep comfortable. You would be better off sleeping in a motel on better bed abc better customer service, another note don't let the front desk guys get you taxi service they charge ridiculous prices. And he reason I know this is because I was raised in Miami, your better off oing on ocean drive and getting your own cab instead of giving $100 just to gt from 7th street an ocean drive to port of Miami. It's across the freaking bridge.

Very disappointed and I hope his review helped

Room Tip: Not sure if there is a good room with a great quality bed
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, I'm very sorry to hear about your unpleasent stay, I can assure you that having a Mac does not present an issue when connecting to the internet, I'm not sure of the dates that you stayed but I do know the Colony Hotel just updated their Wi-Fi network with commercial grade equipment about a month ago and we have received nothing but praise for the service. I do not know which cab company was called for you, but a trip to Ft. Lauderdale Airport which is a county away is not even a $100 fare, from the hotel to the Port it would be a maximum of $25 to $30 at the most, also cab fares from a specific area to the either the Port or the Airport are posted on the cab windows themselves, this is law so that cabbies cannot rip off tourists. Please contact me at sales@thekenthotel.com should you wish to speak in further detail about your stay.