1,232 results
All reviewssouth beachwet willieshardwood floorsbars and clubsnews cafeocean drart deco hotel
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I stayed at the Colony Hotel new years eve weekend. I was celebrating my birthday and I couldn't have stayed at a better hotel! The staff was amazing! Everyone was so friendly and made my birthday such a memorable experience! The location was perfect, walking distance to everything that south beach had to offer! I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family because I'm sure that they will also enjoy their stay at the Colony as much as I did.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
zero11382, Director of Sales at The Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, we are honored to have been a part of your birthday experience and memories!

Reviewed January 17, 2012

The troubles started as soon as we walked in the door. Although this hotel is in the perfect position on Ocean Drive, I wouldn't recommended it. We booked a 2 queen sized bed room, and got a 1 bed room. After going down to reception to try and get this fixed, all they could offer us was a king sized bed, we had to take it. I found the afternoon reception guy to be rude and not helpful. The room itself was clean, neat and tidy, and cleaned everyday, but the bathroom was a little outdated, and needed a small face lift. There was not enough light in the room, but we managed to live with out it. Our phone didn't work, but we were able to use the reception phone, which was ok. Wi-Fi was free but we had some troubles with it.
We ate at the restaurant and had drinks here and they were delicious, as it had a great location it wasn't far for us to stumble back in the wee hours of the morning. I would like to point out the morning reception guy that was working when we stayed, I cannot remember his name but he was AWESOME!!! He made up for the others. he was extremely helpful and willing to do anything to help out, whether it was helping me use the phone, helping with our bags, pointing out bars, interesting facts and places, and just having a great chat. I say a humble thanks to this guy for making latter part of our stay better than the beginning.

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean view, otherwise you get a dirty alley view
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Makenna09

Dear Guest, we are extremely disappointed to hear about your bad experience at our establishment, there is no reason for an employee to come off as rude in a hospitality setting, we do appreciate your comments and criticisms and would like to speak to you further to inquire which room you stayed in and during what dates so that we may have a chance to correct some of the issues you experienced. Please contact me, Eddie Nunez at sales@thekenthotel.com (Sales Director) or you may contact Carrie Lage at carrie@colonymiami.com (General Manager) at your earliest convenience, we would like the opportunity to win your business back!

Reviewed January 6, 2012

I arrived late and got upgraded to a larger room with beach view - thumbs up!! The room was well equipped but fairly small, which is to be expected. Valet parking and generally good service from the staff.

I would recommend this place, although I have not tried any other hotel on Ocean Drive.

Can be noisy but who goes to bed early in Miami South Beach anyways? :)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your review, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at our establishment, and to keep you in the loop we have installed hurricane impact windows at the property to help combat noise but mostly to protect the property in case of future storms/hurricanes, this was added in the later months of 2010 but we are also looking at other options to help soundproof the property and limit the amount of noise allowed in from outside.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

I had such a great stay, I can not wait to go back again. Friendly people, location perfect walk to beach, clean and happy room. Take my advise and book a vacation.

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank LorraineSchneider1
Reviewed December 4, 2011

The rooms were nice and cozy, a bit small but the art deco style is cool. It happens to be in the center of everything, a little noisy but expected on south beach. I recommend this place. And best of all there is FREE WIFI!

Room Tip: Request FRANCOIS OR HAROLD! You will def get all the hook ups in the area.. Francois, personally is great.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business