1,237 results
All reviews south beach wet willies hardwood floors bars and clubs news cafe ocean dr art deco hotel
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We nice boutique hotel. The place to be an stay for a crasy weekend in Miami Beach. It^s right on Ocean Drive with all it's fancy/crazy dudes. Very practical as across the street you reach a beautiful sandy beach. As for the nightlife everything is right on the spot. The hotel room are very stylish and simple at the same time. The area is busy but this is the area to be and not necessarly for early sleepers.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The room was very nice, clean, staff friendly. Good price. Location could not be better!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Not in Safe Room!! Not in Safe Room! Not in Safe Room!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I chose this hotel (online because of the miss leading pictures) for my birthday weekend. When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk clerk was chatting on the phone and not ready to service us. Once we got our keys and entered our room, it was not what we saw online at all! I immediately saw these small bugs all over the top of the desk, I continued to see these small ant like bugs all over the furniture, walls, bathroom fixtures, EVERY WHERE. The elevator was broke down at some point every day we were there. The clerk gave some othere guest our room by mistake, and thank God we were in the room when they tried to enter or our things probably would have come up missing. I would'nt recomend this place to my worst enemy

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I read all of the reviews before booking this hotel, and i was very uncomfortable about in in my mind. When I travel alone, security is paramount, so I tend to gravitate towards areas I am most familiar. I called to verify did they have a room safe large enough to accommodate a laptop, and I was told "depending on the size of it." After we discussed this detail for approximately 5 minutes, he told me how nice the hotel was in comparison with other hotels in the area (I have stayed at the two hotels next door, towards 7th). He verified the my request to be on a non-smoking floor was also not a problem. After we up, I still felt a little uneasy.
I arrive a few weeks later to a friendly check in with an offer of assistance. The room was small but clean, and lacking many basic things.
1. Coffee/Tea Maker
2. Mini fridge
3. Hand Towels
4. Safety locks on the door (You know the "flip" bar and the door needed jostling to get inside)
5. A normal bed, It was stiff and LOUD (Im 5'1 and average sized) when you sat on it. Still not bad on the back.
6. A ROOM SAFE!
I was incensed! I called the desk and was told none of the rooms had room safes and didn't now here I got that idea. I showed him when on expedia.com and their site that it was listed that this was a basic amenity in all of the rooms. He became indignant, so I left and called expedia and they attempted to get me another room else where, but couldn't secure anything in the more familiar hotels in the immediate area (the prices were awful, and i'm sure they didn't want to absorb the cost and I was only willing to pay $80 extra). So I was stuck for fear of being somewhere worse. They had a desk safe that my laptop remained in for most of my stay with occasional removal for work.
There was construction that was being done as early as 7am and the worked smoked in either the back alley or stairwells awaking me from my sleep wheezing like a emphysema patient.. The desk was apologetic and the service guys were surly. I don't accept turndown service for eco-reasons and time for the cleaning crew (I keep a neat room)
Overall, they stay wasn't bad, but it was very barebones. If you party hard and dont pay attention to the room, this is great, but if you enjoy the comforts of at the least a EconoLodge or Holiday Inn, move on.

Room Tip: No clue, they were booked or under construction.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo