“Rock Stars”

Ranked #42 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
DC
“Rock Stars”
Reviewed May 20, 2009

I just recently stayed at the renovated Clevelander along with 7 friends. It was our yearly trip to South Beach. I’ve been a previous guest of the Clevelander prior to the renovation and highly enjoyed my stay then. Prior to arrival, I was really looking forward to staying at the new and improved Clevelander. As we stepped onto the property, the staff was right there ready to take our bags as we checked – in. Was even given a complimentary frozen drink. The new features are incredible. The rooftop beds and lounge chairs with bar is perfect for relaxing. It also gives you a beautiful view of the surrounding area. The sports bar has a lot of flat screens for viewing. The 1020 Music Boxx is a nice addition to the hotel. The rooms are spectacular. Comfortable, bright and modern. The only thing lacking in the room was a Ipod docking station. That was the only downfall about the room. My group also had the one of the Rock Star suites. This took the experience to another level. The suite came with a host, who made sure our stay at the hotel and entertainment at and away from the Clevelander was met. During the famous Splash party, we were giving a close reserved VIP area during the show. Everyone at poolside knew we were VIP. All of the staff I encountered was great. Everyone made sure you were have a great time. I highly recommend staying at the Clevelander. The Clevelander experience is like no other.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
maryland
Reviewed May 20, 2009

This hotel is fun to stay at if you want to party all day and night. Great location and it was recently renovated, the rooms are small but nice and there's not much room to sit around with friends. There were some small things that needed fixing because of the renovation, but nothing major. The staff was helpful when anything was needed. The bars and the food (may take a while) at this hotel are great and reasonably priced and the music is good especially at night when it gets really busy. The club inside the hotel wasn't full at times, but is good if you want to get away from the crowd on the outside patio. The swimming pool on the patio was blocked off during the four day stay, but the lounge and terrace pool on the roof was available and nice. The valet parking was around $36/day. Really convenient to everything and great if you only want to party.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Stayed at the new Clevelander with my girlfriend for 3 days and had an amazing time. To me, staying at the new Clevelander is an essential part of the ultimate South Beach experience: located in the middle of Ocean Drive, it offers the coolest "open-air club" at the corner of Ocean and 10th. As a hotel guest, you have access to two roof top "lounging/chill-out areas" (called SPF4 and C-Level), offering an incredible view of the ocean and Ocean Drive to the east and the Miami skyline to the west. On top, drinks are served here 24 hours a day. Not really a bargain ($12), they are excellent when freshly mixed by the bartender (which unfortunately cannot be said about the pre-mixed drinks offered at the main bar downstairs). The interior of the lobby as well as the rooms (which by the way aren't particularly big) is like you would expect from a boutique hotel; one of a kind, with a lot of funky design features. But the best feature of all was with no doubt the incredibly courteous, friendly and helpful staff. From waiter to manager/owner, everybody seems to be on a mission to exceed the customer's expectations. Hope they keep up the excellent start! We will sure come back soon!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FlyingDutchman_2009
New york
Reviewed April 4, 2009

I stayed at the Clevelander in 2006 and it was right across from the beach and it is in the best location in sobe. I stayed at many other hotels in sobe but I liked the cleveander the best because the outside bar makes you feel like your right on the beach and its in the heart of everthing.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled with friends
New York City
Reviewed August 16, 2007

This place is a true south beach icon and a must for everyone visiting Miami . Awesome people; crazy pool scene . The best :) happy hour; NO attitude!!!!

Hot dancers !

A real south beach style party!

Los Angeles
Reviewed July 1, 2007

I stayed at the Clevelander last summer in '06 with a group of 7 and we all had a blast! Make sure to stay for the pool party on Saturdays and it's great that the pool is only for hotel guests. Everyone who walks down Ocean Drive always stops at this party location. If you're looking for a luxury romantic getaway, this is NOT the place. This is a non-stop party hotel and the music is loud and happenin' at all hours of the day. If you like to party, this is the place to stay!
p.s don't expect much from the rooms, they are not the best. No room service either. Just a bed and a place to party!

• Liked — the young party scene
  • Disliked — beds could have been nicer
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank agentdaisy
lexington
Reviewed May 31, 2007

My wife and I booked a stay at this wretched "hotel" several years ago. I just stumbled on Trip Advisor recently, and my fingers can't keep up with my brain in terms of the utter contempt I hold for this place. I knew something was wrong when we had to check in AT THE BAR. It just got worse. First, the room. I wasn't expecting posh...after all, this is an old art deco building. BUT the light fixtures and everyting are nailed to the furniture! OK, I'm thinking we won't spend much time in the room anyway. Have to sleep, though, and that's the biggest problem. Our room overlooked the pool. There is a band at the pool. OK, no problem, but the BAND PLAYED UNTIL 7:00 AM. I called the front desk at about 3:00 a.m. to see if there were quieter rooms available. The guy at the front desk, which is the bar, told me we already were on "the quiet side." I asked...."this is the quiet side?" The guy said, and I'm not kidding....."HOW ABOUT I JUST COME UP THERE AND KICK YOUR [--]!!" We checked out as soon as it was daylight. The female clerk (bartender) at the front desk/bar asked why we were leaving early. I just said "Are you kidding?"

I realize South Beach is all about partying and late nights, but this place is disgusting. Most of the rooms are probably rented by the hour. We found a room at the Kent that morning and it was great. You CAN stay at a quiet, well kept, hospitable place within the mayhem that is South Beach. BUT NOT AT THE CLEVELANDER.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — being physically threatened by a clerk
  • Stayed November 2004, traveled as a couple