“Party party party!” 4 of 5 stars

Clevelander South Beach Hotel
Ranked #52 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Party party party!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Not your grand parents hotel... Well unless they like to party until 5am which in our case we did and loved it!! Constant flow of music and booze, good service and awesome rooms, we were upgraded (might have seen my trip advisor luggage tags!!) but the room was sick so was the view of ocean drive, honestly if your looking to have a good time and don't mind loud music at late hours then this is it period.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank G29er

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Mount Kisco, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

When we first got there we were waiting a little while in the lobby to check in because there was a big group of people standing around the front desk. When one of the guys that works there Eric brought us a nice drink while we were waiting and he ended up being super nice and helpful, even remembered our names, which i was very impressed with, definitely helped make this stay unique. Then we were upgraded to a bigger room with a balcony for waiting patiently in the lobby. I would definitely recommend this hotel the staff was super friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: this is not hotel for you if you can't sleep through a little music plaint by the pool at the p...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Danielle K
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

they jacked up our reservations,trying to put 12 ladies in single rooms,no cameras or security, My bff got sexually assualted by housekeeping(charges were filed & an arrest was made),their stingy with linen. And the staff is ignorant.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Sarita L
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We arrived at The Clevelander around 3:00 pm, an hour earlier than the 4:00 pm check-in time, so not a problem that our room wasn't ready. They gave us a drink , stored our luggage, and wewent off to have lunch. Came back at 4:15, sorry, the room still isn't ready. We walked around until after 5:00, then after the person at the front desk called to make sure our room was ready they gave us a key. After finally getting to our room & opening the door, there were people in there, undressed & the middle of something. We happen to see the bellman coming down the hall as we retreated & finally convinced him not to take OUR luggage to the room where the naked people were. Got to the front desK & felt like we had to convince them that our story was true (they called the room to see if anyone answered, which they did). Then they were acting like they were going to clear those people out & put us back in that room (no thanks), or out us in the room right next door (no thanks). They finally put us in another room one floor up with an ocean view, but with 2 queens (we booked a king). Rest of the night was good, but when checking out the next morning, we had to wait 30 + minutes for the valet to bring our car. Not cool when you're paying $34 a night for parking.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Firstly, I'd like to say that I went in with low expectations for this hotel seeing as how it is a "party hotel" and expected things like noise and sticky floors but it was for my birthday so that's where I wanted to be. However, it was the comedy of errors, one thing after another, that has left me beyond annoyed and frustrated that I gave them a penny of my money.

1. In confirming my reservation a couple weeks before my vacation I was casually told that I didn't have, even though they had my deposit - it took them 2 days to clarify that I did.
2. The email requesting a pick up from the airport - ignored.
3. Room service took 2 hours to get to me - in that time, they took my order, an hour later when I called to inquire where it was, they picked up the phone and said it was on its way, 20 minutes later I called again where the manager apologized and said he would personally deliver it right away, 30 minutes after that I called back and the new manager on staff said that he just started his shift and that he wasn't sure what was happening but that HE was now going to "personally deliver it."
4. As 'compensation' for waiting for 2 hours for fries they brought us the free drinks they give you upon arrival
5. we ordered room service the second day - no cutlery
6. called to check our bill and was told that we had a credit (we thought it was because of the terrible service)
7. went to check out no credit was given and when I listed my complaints the staff looked awkward said sorry and charged me the full amount which was paid in cash.
8. checked my credit card statement - the full amount was also charged on my credit card.

NOW I have to waste more time and energy with a hotel I was happy to put behind me. Terrible management. Definitely feel like this would not have happened had I been a man staying with boys - but I am a woman who was staying with a girlfriend to celebrate my birthday. I didn't want a complimentary bottle I wanted respect for myself and my business. Worst hotel experience every!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Gabriela A
toronto, canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Second year partying here.
spent Fourth of July watching fireworks from our private balcony dancing what more can u ask for. Will be back next year!
This is the party that everyone lines up for to get in all day and night but being hotel guests you just walk right in your always treated like VIPs love it!

Stayed July 2014
Media, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Overall, the hotel was clean and in a great location on Ocean Drive. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive. However, the size of the room was the smallest we've ever seen and there were no amenities to speak of. The cost of the room (~$300 for a Wednesday night in June) was definitely because of the location in South Beach, not for anything else. There were no carpets, very little space around the bed itself, no view, no cabinets or drawers to store anything and a bathroom that fit a stand shower, toilet and small sink.
If you are looking for comfort and relaxation, this is not the place. However, if you want convenience, nightlife and a clean place to crash, this is the hotel for you!

Room Tip: If you want a view of the ocean, be sure to ask. If you want more space, see if they have any rooms...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple