“The place to be on South Beach!”

Clevelander South Beach Hotel
Ranked #49 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Having been a frequent visitor to South Beach, I was a bit relucant on saying at The Clevelander. This has always been a spot that we stopped in for a party and drinks, but never really considered staying, but the opportunity arose so we decided to do it. And I'm glad we did. After being greeted with complimentary pina coladas we quickly made it to our room. Now if there is a downside, the standard rooms are pretty small. The beds are comfortable, but low to the floor. The bathroom was small but functional. The shower was great though. I also did realize that there were multiple clubs within the hotel. Maybe it was the time of week we were there, but none were very busy, except for the Poolside pool and party. After being told that it stayed opened until 5am, I was sure there would be do sleep (is that a good or bad thing) with the sound of the DJ going all nite. But once back in the room, we couldn't hear a thing from the pool.

The staff at the bar/restaurant where beautiful and extremely helpful. Terri was best, she even took time out to hit the stage and perform when she wasn't bringing drinks to our table. The food was better than expected as well.

The valet service was always prompt and the front desk were awesome as well. I usually pick a place on Ocean that is few blocks away just so I can get in and then get out, but after this stay I would DEFINITELY stay at the Clevelander again.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are good especially if you need a double, but the Rockstar rooms are awesome.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BigLew81
There are newer reviews for Clevelander South Beach Hotel

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed in February for the MVBT volleyball event. The place is smack dab right in the middle of the strip. There is non-stop music and partying going on, so for those who are looking to sleep should go elsewhere. The only downside for the bar is that it is very expensive - even by my NYC standards. The room's decor was nice - even the mirrored bathroom, which some people on this site found disturbing (but not me). The cab fare to/from the Miami airport is fixed, so don't bother with a rental car - you won't find parking anyway.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My BFF and I stay there every 6 mos for each others birthday. We request the room over the pool since we are New Yorkers we live to the sound of music. We can party in the room and watch from the window. The rooftop is a definite plus when you want to enjoy a midsummer night breeze. I have just returned and looking to book for the next trip. That is where its at..always. Domingo is always at hand to help out with any questions too.

Room Tip: Poolside room have to best view of the dance floor without having to go down..
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We were booked here for my bachelor party. We had read some reviews about their late night parties disrupting guests sleep. When we spoke to the front desk about this they recommended the Essex House which is right behind them. This was a great compromise since we could enjoy all the Cleavlander benefits while getting much needed rest after going hard every night. The staff is great and very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank SebC82
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Definitely a party hotel in the middle of the South Beach strip. The hotel employees were very pleasant. The rooms were nice but I thought there would be at least a small refrigerator and microwave, I guess they were for rent only.
The only thing I didn't like was my ocean front room. The hotel split up a party and my room was in the middle of theirs where they were banging their doors going back and forth between rooms instead of switching my room to accomodate the bigger party. I hardly got any sleep my last two nites but I was compensated!
All in all I wasn't suppose to sleep anyway because it's South Beach and a great time was had by all in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sherkira C
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed here a few weeks ago, the front desk staff bell hops and cleaning ladies were all great!!! Welcome drinks were much appreciated. Fast check in and check out! We will definitely stay here again! The small private pool on the Essex side was a real plus.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ashley D
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friends and I stayed here first week of June and it was such a pleasure. The staff are very friendly, and Brad the host was very accomodating and pleasant. The rooms are very clean, and the cleaning ladies are very trustworthy. We would literally leave our valuables in the room while we shop or go to the beach, and we would come back and see all of them lined up. The best part about the hotel is that you dont even have to leave to the vicinity to have a good time. Everything you need is right there. I definitely would come back and If you wanna have a great time, I suggest you go to this hotel. totally worth it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends