“Bar”

Clevelander South Beach Hotel
Ranked #51 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Didn't stay at the hotel but went to the outside bar 3 days in a row. Food and drinks all pretty good. Met a bartender (Melissa?) who basically was our source of info for the area. Very friendly and always made sure we had a fresh drink in front of us. Plus this was the only place that was rockin' in the middle of the afternoon!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,359)

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Went to watch the dolphins game not too long ago. Love the bar, food and atmosphere. Melisa was our bartender and she was very pleasant, told us all about the food and serve us our Miami Vices with the best smile ever. I will definitely continue to visit!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed December 16, 2012

All I have to say is that I alaways heard good stuff about this placle. So I decide to take some of my friends from out of town there. And we sat at the frist entrance bar. And met this girl name Melisa. Not only did she rock it out with all of our drnks. But she gave us information of some hot place to check out in southbeach. Neatless to say are tap was high. But worth it after having a great service and attention to customer detail on ordering.... would come back!!! Thanks Melisa

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2012

When in Miami, I always visit the Clevelander at least once for lunch, dinner, or an evening out for dancing and drinks. It is definitely one of Ocean Drive's classic locations, and its fun aura keeps me coming back. The location is perfect as it's in the middle of South Beach. I stayed here for the first time in September for a friend's birthday weekend. The service was great -- checking in was smooth (complimentary Pina Coladas are a plus), room service was timely, and the staff was very friendly. I really enjoy relaxing on the rooftop during both the day and night for a little escape from Ocean Dr's chaos and an awesome view. The only problem I have with boutique hotels in SoBe is that the rooms are incredibly small, however, interior renovations give the Clevelander's rooms a unique contemporary, comfortable feel which makes it better.

Room Tip: Our room wasn't pool facing, so we didn't encounter noise issues!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
ClevelanderMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Clevelander South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Hi Kristen,

We’re always happy when long-time customers have the opportunity to stay with us. We’re glad to hear that your friend’s birthday weekend was relaxing and fun and that our associates were friendly.

We hope to see you during your next visit to Miami!

Best,

Kelsey Jones
Clevelander & Essex House Hotels

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Being a part of the hospitality industry myself, I was very impressed by the amount of friendly smiling, and helpful people at the Clevelander. I did not speak to one rude, arrogant, or annoying employee. From the minute we walked in we were offered complimentary Pina Coladas and the arm twisting was really hard to resist. Although we had a heck of a time getting there after fighting with traffic for almost 3 hours for what should have been a 40 minute drive. It was Miami Art Basel weekend Don't drive if you can avoid it or choose alternative back roads...so that should have been expected. Long story short, I have never been so welcomed upon stepping one toe in the door anywhere.

My only complaints were the pool was little and not very swimmable and I had no fridge in the room or ice machine in the hall. The room was small...but i'm from New York and used to small spaces. The bed was a dream machine and the stand in shower had plenty of hot water. There was also a sundeck on our floor that I did not know about and a rooftop area that I didn't get a chance to enjoy that much because of my limited stay. But, the beach was a hop skip and a jump into the Ocean. Really convenient to everything in the area including my favorite 24hour restaurant, The News Cafe. So, don't get food delivery from Gino's at 6am when you are coming back from a long night....walk down to the News Cafe.

Scott, Domingo and Brandon were all a pleasure to interact with and had no qualms about listening to me babble endlessly about what, I don't know. I talk a lot! Haha They were super helpful and attentive. I needed hot water for my tea on my way out one morning and feeling a bit ill, and I was quickly sent a to go cup with hot water at the counter, and then ushered over to where I could get some sugar etc., :) We decided to extend our stay by one day and they got us an even better rate, which was icing on the cake.

The complaints I had were just merely about amenities. The food at the bar was good, but the bloody mary girl....mmm can we say hot. I mean she was hot but the Bloody Mary's they were outta control by far in my top 3 of all time maybe tied for #1. YUM YUM YUM! :) Brian was a pleasure to have as our server and suggested we go for the unlimited bloody mary deal $20. Don't forget to tip the Bloody Mary lady, her secret recipe was incredible! Ok, I think i'm done talking.

Room Tip: Not sure what the other rooms were like. There was a small closet in mine with enough hangers and r...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Emily R
ClevelanderMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Clevelander South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Hello Emily,

Thank you for the wonderful review of The Clevelander South Beach! It is our goal to make every guest feel at home, and we are beyond thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our attentive and welcoming service at every turn.

Scott, Domingo, Brandon, Brian and of course our Bloody Mary girl will be happy to hear that they made your trip special.

We hope that we can make your next trip to Miami just as comfortable and memorable.

Safe travels,

Kelsey Jones
Clevelander & Essex House Hotels

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I booked a 2 night stay at the Clevelander as a last memory of Miami beach before moving back to New York City. When I got there, there were at least a hundred Boston Patriots fans checking in, in the lobby. They were there for the Dolphins / Patriots game that Sunday. I was by myself and felt a little lost in the crowd. They were extremely busy taking care of the football fans. Finally It was my turn and I was asked if I would take a room at their sister hotel The Essex House. I was not interested and at that moment, Chad, the concierge came up to me and said this was my lucky day! He upgraded me to a Rockstar suite and for the rest of my stay was extermely attentive and helpful!! There were hundreds of people staying there that weekend but every time Chad saw me I was greeted by my name and a smile!! The room was great, the food was delish and the service was awesome!! Thanks again to Chad!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 3, 2012

if you are going to party this is great place. they have a pool bar and the dj's and sound system goes until 3 or 4 a.m. loud enough to rattle the windows in your room. even with ear plugs provided by front desk you can still hear the noise. the hotel TV even says there guest say they get most sleep from 4 a.m. to 11 a.m. So be warned. Location is right on south beach ocean avenue. Rooms are clean and service is good. Security guard came and did wake up call when I did not hear the phone (due to ear plugs) for my wake up call. If you go to party stay here if you need sleep skip it.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends