“Best Salads, soups and Empenadas in Miami”
Review of GO-GO Fresh Food

GO-GO Fresh Food
Ranked #49 of 1,087 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Argentinean, Healthy
Description: It's a place where you can enjoy a salad with homemade dressing or a go-go pie filled with nutella and banana. We offer choices for any palate whether your passion is philly cheesesteak or pan-seared tofu. Everything is made on-premises using premium, fresh ingredients. The attention is personal, the trappings are no-fuss. Insofar as possible, our prices are set for the everyday customer. Please stop by for a quick lunch or a delicious light dinner. Call ahead for take-out. Most orders can be ready in ten minutes.
Miami
“Best Salads, soups and Empenadas in Miami”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I eat there 3 times a week and have never had a bad meal. I order one of their salads with a cup of soup, sometimes an empenada. The salads are amazing, all fresh, all made to order. The dressings are home made and fresh like everything else such as the soup, the baked (NOT fried) empenadas. Every other empenada in Miami is fried and made in an industrial setting, not at Go-go. The owners take pride in their work and it shows

• Visited December 2012

• Czech first
Huntington Beach, California
“Do not miss!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place is awesome!! It's not in a touristy area, so easily overlooked if you're visiting but make it a point to come here. Good, fresh food with quality ingredients. Some of the best empanadas we have ever had. Don't miss this place, you'll be glad you came!

• Visited November 2012
miami
“Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Go to where the healthy locals go. One of the best kept secrets in town. Friendly staff, cool customer at an unassuming location. So worthy it! In addition to great salads they have the best baked empanadas. A must!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“An Unexpected Treat”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I found some reviews on nearby restaurants when I had a layover in Miami. My hotel was in South Beach and I wanted something fresh and affordable. THIS IS THE PLACE! I walked from my hotel and it only took about 10 minutes. It's far from the hustle and bustle of South Beach and I had to walk through a residential area, but it was convenient.

It's a small cute order and eat kinda place. The menu is a little confusing. I didn't know they were known for their empanadas, so when I saw the menu I didn't know what everything was. The menu has two sections: Salads and Empanadas (though it is not obviously expressed).

The people were kind, a little quite, but I didn't want some sports bar monstrosity, I wanted good food and they delivered. You can sit inside or outside and they'll bring your food to you, adorable.

I had the Superfood salad, delicious. Romaine, chickpeas, edamame, pumpkin seeds, quinua, tomatoes, broccoli, and the most amazing carrot vinaigrette. It could possibly be the most tasty, fresh and filling salad I've ever had. On the side, I had a Spicy Thai Peanut Chicken empanada. It was good, I eat a lot of Asian food and it was good. Not as spicy or Thai as I would have expected but the dough is very good. Lastly, I had their Dulce de Leche with Blackberries dessert empanada. AMAZING! I don't usually like caramel, but this one was to die for.

If I'm ever in Miami again, this is my first stop.

• Visited August 2012
Los Angeles
“Best Empanada”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I was never a real fan of empanadas. Maybe because all the empanadas I had prior to this never tasted good. So I was rather skeptical about this place.

Go-Go can be easily missed if you're not looking for it. Located in the corner of a tiny plaza, the restaurant has a small private parking lot. The restaurant itself is simple and clean, with salad menu on one board and empanadas menu directly over the cash register.

I ordered the shrimp scampi empanadas for $2.50 each. I have never tasted such YUMMY empanada! The shell was flakey and light. It kind of reminds me of the shell of a well baked chicken pot pie. There were 3 medium size shrimp in the center. The ingredients were fresh, not greasy/oily and fried. This was the most delicious and healthiest empanada my taste buds has ever tasted! (If there is such a thing as delicious and healthy empanada)

Because of Go-Go, I am an empanada believer again. Only problem now is I would have to fly to Miami to eat good empanadas!

• Visited March 2012