“Great healthy food in amazing place”
Review of Lido Bayside Grill

Lido Bayside Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Lido Bayside Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #202 of 1,080 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 17th Street
London
“Great healthy food in amazing place”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Loved the location, very beautiful, incredible sunsets. Great drinks, good, healthy food choices, good service.

Visited May 2013

“Nice view but that's about it”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We just had a terrible evening at Lido restaurant. After a recommendation of a friend and two wonderful evenings at Grazie and Spiga (both in Miami Beach), we came with high expectations.
My dinner, the vegan lasagne, was indeed very tasty. But my mom's was grilled chicken with a cold gravy and potato salad. Just these items on the plate, no decorations or anything to make it look lovely. The worst part was the service. When we asked our server about the cold gravy he said it was supposed to be lukewarm. I said, well, it's cold. He didn't do anything, like take it and heat it up. What did he care when an 18% tip is added to the bill automatically... During the meal we had empty water glasses twice and had to call him to have them filled up. Whenever I made eye contact with him because we needed something, he looked away after meeting my gaze for a split second. As I said, after eating at Grazie and Spiga, where the servers all did their job with passion, the whole attitude of this server was awful.
We decided to give it one more try and ordered dessert. My chocolate cake looked like it was thrown into the plate. No decorations at all. Aren't there normally a few berries to make it look lovely, or pine nuts, powdered sugar, anything?
This place can be good if the location is more important to you than the food and service.

1 Thank LosAngeles2009
Orlando, FL / Palm Springs, CA
“Incredible view & setting......”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had several meals at The LIDO restaurant.....the service and attentive staff were great....The view is awesome and hard-to-beat anywhere.....music is upbeat with a DJ playing during happy hour.......balmy breezes....a truly sexy place that you should try! Sexy and romantic...

Stuart, Florida
“Great view!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a late afternoon snack of hummus w/ pita chips, a kale salad, & the chicken empanadas. Everything was fresh & tasty. The best part of this restaurant is the atmosphere. Overlooking the water, the skyline in the background, boats going by, a DJ, huge umbrellas & lots of sunshine... What more could you want?

Tappan, New York
“One of my go-to spots in MB”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I visit MB regularly (3-4 times per year) and every time, I spend one afternoon poolside at The Standard and have dinner at The Lido. It's never a bargain but the view and the champagne make it a joy each time. If you are escaping the cold and inhospitable North, the warm sunset view will thrill you.

Last night I was a little disappointed in both the attitude of the hostess and the lack of wait staff or guidance near the bar, but once the terrace manager noticed us (after 45 mins of not-so-patiently waiting) we were instructed how obtain a bottle of champagne. At 4PM, after having lunch poolside and before heading in to spend hundreds more in their spa, the hostess gave us some grief about trying to secure a 7-7:30PM reservation for two. While mid May isn't the super low season, it isn't the super-high season either and the Lido deck is huge with lots of two-top tables. It seemed really implausible that they were fully booked on a Sunday night. And in fact, the hostess admitted she was trying to keep open tables for hotel guests. We are regulars, altho not members and so I did get a little miffed at this. But we love the ambiance so we were content to sit in the bar for an hour. But then we were fully neglected. We watched many guests get table service but for some reason, our location was just out of the line of vision of every server nearby. We didn't have a wine list so we couldn't just ask the bartender for the champagne we wanted. It was more than 45 mins when the deck manager warned my husband to not stand up fast for fear of hitting his head on an obstacle about 2 feet above him. We asked him how we could select a bottle of champagne and he forgot us too. But when he passed by again in about 10 mins he remembered and got us a wine list and recommended a lovely sparkling rose at a fair price and we instantly ordered it. Bubbly makes everything better !

From then on the dinner was great. I had swordfish; husband had Branzino. Simple preparations. Delicious. Nothing too adventuresome from the Lido kitchen but I've never disliked my dinners here. It's all about the scene. Bikinis to maxi-sundresses. Enthusiastic King Charles Spaniels to lazy Golden Labs. Every type is on the Lido. The DJ spins tropical dance music at a low volume that is easy to talk over and if you stand near him, cool to move to.

All drinks are served in plastic to protect the pool from accidents. I've never liked this about the Lido...but now they do have glassware that is more glass-like and doesn't blow over with the seabreeze.

Totally love my Lido tradition and I have the sunburnt shoulders to prove it.

• Visited May 2013