I will never use Expedia again to book a hotel. We just came back from Miami and agree with all the negative reviews. The staff is extremely rude but I think it is because of the language barrier, they didn't understand a word I was saying.
The shag carpets were horrible, but worse in the Miami heat, our room
air conditioners barely worked - it was cooler in the lobby. I suppose the hotel staff needs to be cool over paying customers. Our hotel sheets were stained 2 days in a row. The front door folks and concierege were only interested in people watching or maybe they were hoping to get "discovered". I had to lug my stroller up and down the stairs myself the entire stay. Other unfortunate patrons of the hotel actually helped me open the doors as the person assigned to
the door was always busy chatting away and ignoring folks coming in and out.
The entrance for the handicapped ramp was always blocked, as this would have made it easier for me to manuever my stroller. This hotel is by far the worst in cleanliness and service - I will never stay here again - nor do I recommend anyone with children to stay as well
- its not worth bargain hunting for hotels for vacations - it will jsut ruin your entire stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalina Hotel + Beach Club is all of this and more. With a decidedly European jet-set vibe and a splashy beach club where you can get poolside manicures and pedicures, the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club also offers two restaurants, two pools, four bars, a media library, a rooftop terrace, a Japanese Koi fish pond and a Zen garden. In addition, the hotel boasts a dedicated library, which can serve as a meeting space for small groups. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Catalina Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel And Beach Club
- Catalina Hotel Miami