“An Amazing South Beach Hotel”

Catalina Hotel & Beach Club
Ranked #88 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
West Palm Beach
“An Amazing South Beach Hotel”
Reviewed April 8, 2007

We wanted to get away for an all girl's weekend in South Beach. We wanted something modern that screamed "South Beach!", something on the beach and close to all the best clubs and restaurants. We could not have asked for a more perfect hotel than the Catalina Hotel. The Catalina Hotel was absolutely FANTASTIC! We arrived to a very friendly and attentive staff, who went out of their way to make us feel welcome during our entire stay, no matter what time it was. And
the rooms, the rooms were very cozy. The beds were SO comfortable. The shower was awesome. Flat screen tv, wood floors, very modern decor.

The pool area here had a nice, relaxing ambiance. And the beach club is right across the street. What a great location, next to the beach and close to Lincoln Rd, with all it's shops and restaurants. We planned on going out all weekend, but we ended up staying at the hotel almost the entire time. The restaurant was great, great food, great atmosphere. Then there was the bar. Awesome happy hour, great music, you can sit outside and people watch or lounge around inside.
I read some of the bad reviews on here and can't believe they were talking about the same hotel. The Catalina Hotel is a great place to stay, if you wanna have fun, be close to the beach and don't want to pay an arm and and a leg to stay on South Beach.

• Liked — the ambiance
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank flc9546

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (716)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 2, 2007

Ok, I was nervous about the hotel after reading the previous reviews, but my husband and I had already made the reservations. However I was nicely surprised when we got to the hotel. We stayed for just two nights. The location is great, it is close to the beach. The Maxine Restaurant was remarkable. The staff also told us about some other great place to eat while we were in town, as well as some things to do. But I could have just have lain by their pool all day. I took afternoon naps by the pool both days.

The beds are extremely comfortable. The room was very clean, this is something very important to us. The Catalina Hotel was just amazing!!!!. The service impeccable. The amenities and accommodations they offer and provide are fantastic. They always remember our name the entire stay and the staff was just magnificent. It was fabulous….very relaxing. Everything about this place was wonderful. We strongly recommend this place!

• Liked — The Pool
3 Thank Relaxation726
Coconut Creek
Reviewed April 1, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Catalina last week, and it was exactly what we were looking for: a hip, trendy, romantic hotel. We live in South Florida but we like to go to South Beach for mini vacations, and we have stayed at a few different nice hotels, but none have impressed us like this one did.
Before we arrived, I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the negative comments from this website, however we found that they could not have been further from the truth. From the time we arrived, we were greeted by a very friendly staff. The rooms were amazing, beautiful in all white with a little red accent, very clean, and great wood floors. The hotel restaurant and lounge had a great ambiance and nice music, especially loved the happy hour from 7-8, with many drink selections. The pool area was nice and the beach is just across the steet, the hotel has it's own beach club which is key for any South Beach hotel. Very ideally located on South Beach minutes from shops and restauants.
We didn't have a chance to try any of their spa services, but we definately will next time. After staying at many different hotels, we don't need to try anymore, we found the perfect romantic getaway hotel that was also very reasonably priced.

• Liked — The comfort of the rooms
sarasota, florida
Reviewed March 29, 2007

Can I just say that I have never felt so pampered in my life! I travel quite a bit and love finding a hotel for my journeys that I can really look forward coming "home" to. The hotel blew me away with its stylish decor and ultra-posh amenities. I took advantage of the "Yoga Garden" and really enjoyed the one on one attention I received from the instructor. Our room was one of the coolest, if not the coolest, rooms I have ever stayed in. Not to mention that red is my favorite color! I felt like I was staying at a location spa. When my local friends asked me where I was staying while visiting, I was so proud to tell them The Catalina. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day so having the option of eating breakfast all day long was awesome. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who plans on staying in Miami. Thank you Catalina!!

• Liked — I love being treated like a celebrity!
  • Disliked — I had to come home eventually!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC/Bethesda, MD
Reviewed March 28, 2007

We booked our reservation with an A-MA-ZING company called South Beach Group [--] who are in care of 7 of the most unique & the hottest boutique hotels in all of South Beach. The service is unbelievable and they were extremely accommodating to us before during and after our stay. The Catalina is conveniently located on the prime block of Collins between 17th & 18th directly accross from the famous Delano hotel whom the neighbor on a private strip of beach, with their own cabana style lounge chairs unbrellas and sun beds just feet from the ocean tide. The hotel is gorgeous, small and intimate with an interesting floorplan, a very welcoming red carpet dressed front stair to the entrance. Lots of glass and views for people watching on Collins Ave, outdoor umbrellad loungy seating for drinks and restaurant service (which btw is phenomenal - the food and the service). There are hidden outdoor areas with cabanas and mile high bamboo surroundings for cocktails or just relaxation. a gorgeous spanish stye pool setting medium size intimate with a bar and comfy lounge beds covered, spa services available & direct sun for sun bathing, inside you will find 2 large bars with room for dancing and lots of interesting and beautiful seating and although we were there during the Winter Music Conference with djs spinning in the lobby 24/7, we hear it is a party all year round. The rooms are bright white with sexy red lighting and tempur-pedic beds for optimum recovery and comfort from all of the fun you are destined to have while at the Catalina in South Beach! If they are all booked at this particular hotel, you have 6 equally fabulous boutiquers to choose from with South Beach Group, who will handle your reservation, answer any of your questions and make your stay better than you could ever imagine. :)

• Liked — The LOCATION, the DESIGN, the STAFF, the ROOMS, the VIBE.....everything!! :)
  • Disliked — having to check out & return home to DC....;)
orlando
Reviewed March 24, 2007

I stayed at the Catalina last summer. The service and rooms were excellent. I would definately stay here again. Bear in mind that it is a little bit of a walk to the beach but the hotel is well worth it! It can get noisy but for partiers like me that was all part of the great experience. The quality of the rooms was the best part!

• Liked — The quality of the rooms
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed March 11, 2007

Read the good and bad reviews of this hotel so went there with an open mind.

Hotel and rooms are pleasant themselves, we found the reception staff to be a little rude ---], but we coped for one night.

room has a bit on the small side but was smart enough for us.

We requested a room away from reception so we had a room that was not noisy

its not the delano, but there again you are paying $100 rather than $500 per night at Delano

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple