“Fun and perfect for a weekend getaway”

Catalina Hotel & Beach Club
Ranked #88 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami
“Fun and perfect for a weekend getaway”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I would like to start off by saying that I currently work in hospitality at a four star hotel and the service here could have been better. I had called down for room service and was told that there wouldn't be any room delivery and I would have to go and get the food myself, so I passed on the food. Then as I was trying to get my car from valet I was given a lot of attitude from the woman at the front desk instead of her trying to accommodate me. When working in hospitality you should not try to argue with your guests you should be more than willing to try to make anything possible. However, Tyrell at concierge was more than helpful and very friendly! Miguel the bell hop was also an amazing help ! Overall the hotel was great. The rooms were perfect and very clean! The hotel is very fun and lively and I like that especially when staying in south beach! Also the Catalina is in the perfect spot, very close to a lot of great restaurants, shopping, and the beach!

• Stayed July 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Good Day Beachbabeinmiami! We take every comment seriously and want to ensure we are able to address the positives as well as the opportunities gleaned from every stay. Our General Manager is aware of your comments and will raise this issue with our team in our next weekly staff meeting! I see that you were content with the room and the cleanliness. We hope that you would give us another chance in the future!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (716)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Verona, Italy
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our stay in Catalina was perfect! the hotel is in the center, rooms are very nice and everyone was really really kind with us, they helped us a lot. People at the front desk are very efficient and nice, the best one for me and my friend was Jonathan Solau, very helpful, always smiling and kind!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Great review elisa a! There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! We are stoked that you had such a great time! Jonathan is lovely and all of our guests seem to think so as well! I will make sure to share your kind praise with him!

Verona, Italy
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Me and my friend spent at Catalina quite few nights and we had a great experience. The location is in the centre of miami beach, the room was perfect and also the service.
All the people that work there were really really kind with us and helped us a lot. Everyone was lovely besides Juan Arias which was not kind at all and in our last day we had problems because of him, his colleague told me he was having a bad day but I don't really care about you having a bad day when you work with people and moreover with people that are on holiday! Everyone knows that if you work in contact with people you need always to smile and be polite even if you are having a bad day, that's the difficult thing about these kind of jobs so, if you are rude maybe you should choose a different job I think :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
elisa a, this is one of my favorite reviews ever! Thank you so much for the five stars and the fantastic shout outs to out team! I will make sure that Juan and his manager is aware of your kind praise! All of our staff must provide outstanding service to our guests. Please let us know when you will be back and we will be sure to roll out our red carpet once again. See you soon!

Charlotte
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I visited the catalina hotel in June for 3 nights with some friends. It was a very nice hotel definitely somewhere to stay if your there to party. Super convenient right across from the beach. I wasn't too happy about the size of the room it was pretty small but it was very clean. I was happy with their happy hour and the free bike rentals I had a blast!. Everyone was friendly and professional I loved the rooftop pool and I had some of the best sushi at the hotel. I ended up leaving my watch behind after check out and I was extremely pleased with how helpful everyone was with helping me receive it back. I would definitely recommend This hotel if you are traveling with friends and want to have a good time. A special thank you to Yulexis, Leo and Sergio Valdez for helping me get my watch back they were so much help.

Stayed June 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Good Evening Lexisnicole,

We welcome everyone that wants to have a great time, to come and stay with us! We are a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average rooms. We offer larger rooms for those guests who need more space. Our Living Large room is 245 sq ft, and our El Grande room is 280 st ft. Perhaps the next time you come you can reserve one of those rooms. I will make sure to share your feedback with the mentioned staff! We would love to have you stay with us again!

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I had stayed at the redbury next door the previous week - and yes, it's nicer in decoration, but I'm not sure it's worth three times the price of the Catalina! This place is definitely value for money. The halls give you the impression that the rooms are going to be damp and dingy but they're really lovely. Art Deco style - as you'd expect in the Art Deco district. Staff are super helpful and friendly. The complex is huge. It's really close to ocean drive and Lincoln street. Highly recommend! Suggest you save a couple of hundred bucks a night by staying here and use the savings to buy drinks or go shopping!

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Hello Hongkongfoodie2014,

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us! Our prices are definitely unbeatable, and we include a great load of amenities! Our team is great and knows what great service is all about. We look forward to a future visit from you!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was all over the expetecions, a party hotell fitted for the perfection honeymoon, Thanks to the staff, Tyrell the conciliere, Tomic, and the wonderful bartender Jade, we were there juli 2013. Lov

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Great review Christian K!! Our staff all work hard to make sure that everyone is having a killer time! I will make sure to inform the mentioned staff about your kind praise! Please come back and stay with us again in the future!

Toronto
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I traveled with 5 of my 30 year old girlfriends for a bachelorette from June 28 - July 2! The number one thing I have to say is location, location, location! The catalina is in the ideal place for restaurants, the beach etc and is a quick cheap cab ride to the bars we went to on Ocean! Honestly, for a group of friends this is a perfect place! Of course there are things that could have been better (some service was questionable, the room keys always lost their mag stripe capabilities, and the torrential downpours lead to some wet floors by the windows in our room) but for the most part, since it is a 3 star hotel, it was great. If you are looking for luxury and 5 star service don't stay here, but all of my expectations were met being a 3 star. Special thanks to Tyrell - the concierge who, truthfully, made our stay absolutely perfect! He was so kind and helpful and answered all of our questions!! Big thank you Tyrell! And not to be forgotten is Eddie the doorman! What a gentleman! Thanks Catalina for making our trip unforgettable!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Good Evening missmorrow,

We are delighted to read that your time spent with us was a positive one! We are in such a fantastic location, as we are just blocks away from all the hottest spots. We advise our guests not to place their key cards next to their phones, as this is how the key cards are deactivated. Tyrell is absolutely amazing and all of our guests seem to think so as well. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!