Catalina Hotel & Beach Club
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)
$246
$198
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$235
$219
$571
$450
  • Pool
La Flora(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
$269
  • Pool
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$191
$189
  • Beachfront
The Hotel of South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$229
$579
$325
Agoda.com
4,941 results
All reviewsrooftop poolhappy hourmaxine buildingkung fusouth beachfree drinkssushi restaurantfree shuttlefree beach chairsbachelorette partylincoln roadocean driveart decodorsetmaxinesbartendermiami
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had reservations at this Hotel on Memorial weekend. The hotel itself was beautiful. It looked like a nice entertaining hotel with a lot of amenities. However, it just wasn't our cup of tea to stay there that weekend. Juan Arias the front desk supervisor was extremely apologetic and accommodating to go stay at the Riviera South Beach Luxe Hotel (their sister hotel). It was less traffic and less hectic and drama. We wanted to thank him by writing this review. We appreciate it and the Riviera hotel was absolutely friendly and welcoming!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank maria K
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Hello maria K,

There is nothing that we love to read more then lovely 5 star feedback! Memorial Day Weekend is a fun filled time around here. There are so many events and things going on. I am sorry that it wasn't your cup of tea. Juan Arias our front desk manager is absolutely wonderful! He is always making sure that everyone is having a killer time, and that they are well taken care of! I am glad that he was able to make accommodations for you at our sister hotel, Riviera Suites. We hope that you would give us a try another time! We would love to have you!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I'm rather surprised by all the negative feedback this hotel has attracted; I was sent here by my company for two nights and I have to say my experience was nothing but positive. The courtesy shuttle was late, but only by 15 minutes so really not a big deal, and when i arrived everyone was super friendly. The room wasn't ready as I arrived 5 hours early, and after sitting at the bar with the very friendly staff, a room became available but it was an upgraded room, but they gave ti to me anyway. The room was great, wooden floor, great decal, chandelier and high ceilings. very retro. It was NOT expensive despite the upgrade and apart from one dude with slicked back ginger hair on the front desk who was a total tool (being very creepy and sleazy with a bunch of girls while I waited patiently) i will now always return to this hotel as I visit Miami often.

Room Tip: Don't go the very basic - choose a room in the right hand side building where Maxine's is
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Good Day OOS79,

Thank you for sharing your honest and positive feedback with us, regarding your recent stay! We do offer a complimentary R/T airport shuttle. We do the best that we can to get to our destinations on time. Sometimes there is unexpected traffic jams, or accidents. I see that we were able to provide you with an upgrade I am glad that you enjoyed your room and the style of it. We offer unbeatable prices, in a great location, with great money saving amenities to go with. Please come back again! We would love to have you!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Our stay here was great because of the location but also because of the bartender they had. She was awesome! The other bartender during the day was not very friendly. I'm so glad that we had Chloe most of the time that we spent at the bar. She was so friendly and so professional all in one! :-) We really enjoyed her company 2 nights in a row before we checked out. Honestly, Chloe was the only employee there that was so friendly and helpful. The other employees should learn by her example.

• Stayed: March 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Good Evening nsmith325,

We are delighted to read your lovely feedback, regarding your recent stay! We are located just around the corner from all the hottest things to do here in South Beach. I will make sure to speak with the bar staff so they are aware of your feedback! Chloe at the Red Bar is absolutely wonderful! She is an expert at mixing some delicious cocktails! We would love to have you stay with us again in the future. Please come back soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Good location basic hotel but good service handy to most things to like lincoln mall bars clubs pubs and the beach the staff were good and any request were actioned quickly of o go back there would book again

• Stayed: September 2013

Hello OutdoorAdventure_70,

We value all of our guests feedback! We are delighted to know that you had such a great time here at The Catalina Hotel! We are conveniently located in the heart of South Beach. We strive on providing outstanding service, so we are delighted to read that is what you were given! Please come back for another memorable time! We would love to have you!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Hey guys,

I usually don't write reviews, but when you have great service as Aron & Chris at the front desk you can't help it! They were very friendly and helpful during my check in earlier today! I appreciate smile when I walk up from a hectic flight.

My room wasn't quite ready at 2:30PM since check in isn't until 3PM. I walked up at 2:55PM to inform them where I was waiting. Aron called up to make sure and then less than a minute later I was off to my nice upgraded room! They offered to take my bag up, but I only had 1 and they looked busy so I took it up myself.

Plenty of towels in the room, which I hate calling down for, especially when I just get here!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Hello there Queenie H,

Thank you for your recent visit to The Catalina Hotel, and for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, thanks in part to the excellent service you received from Aaron and Chris. They are both indeed rock stars and but two of many who are dedicated to providing an original guest experience in a friendly, attentive and gracious manner. We look forward in hosting your next visit to Miami!