“Superb hôtel ”

Catalina Hotel & Beach Club
Ranked #90 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I went a friend we spent 10 days superb.. From the first welcome at the reception I came across Jonathan super cute throughout the stay.. Juan and Tyrell the concierge are very very professional and very nice.. Jerry and Johnson it is very good care of me at the pool.. The hotel is very well located close to the beach and shops.. The hôtel is very clean..

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Hello there Maroua15,

We are so glad to read your wonderful 5 star feedback! Thank you so much for sharing it with us, and all of our future guests! We strive on providing outstanding customer service, so we are so content to know that you were given just that! :) I will make sure that the mentioned staff are aware of your kind praise! Please come back again soon for another memorable time!

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

A fab hotel located very well on south beach , nice staff who are helpful . Rooms good well maintained and clean . Pool area was great , a few to pick from too which means you can go in a busy or quiet area. Would recommend to anyone who wants to stay central to the beach .

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Good Evening whalemans,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! Thank you so much for taking your time to share yours with us! We are delighted to read that you had such a lovely time! It seems like you were able to enjoy it all from the location of our property, to our staff, and the amenities that we offer. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed here for 3 nights and the best word to describe my experience was impeccable. The room my friend and I stayed in was really nice but small. I enjoyed the happy hours there from 7 -8. The rooftop pool was amazing. The Catalina was so close to everything and Maxines which is a restaurant there at the hotel had really good food and service was really great. Best of all the front desk people who names are Jean, Johnthan and juan were extremely helpful and very much entertaining in making sure we were taking care of. Miss those guys. Great experience there and will definitely visit again

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Hello there Eden F,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! We are glad to know that you had a great time here at The Catalina Hotel. We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel room. We offer rooms that are larger in size for those guests who need more space. Our Living Large room is 245 sq ft and our El Grande room is 280 sq ft. We offer a load of great amenities for those guests who chose to stay with us! I will make sure to inform the mentioned staff about your kind praise! Please come back for another great time!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I haven't even gotten to the hotel & I'm already so annoyed. We opted out to take the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, it was terrible!! It was only 85 degrees outside but in the shuttle it was 100degrees plus & the air conditioner did not work. It took 1 hour and 20 min and it was hell!! Then the windows were open to let a small amount of air thru and then it started to rain all in us. How this is legal is beyond me? Worse van ride ever why does the hotel even bother.

• Stayed: April 2014

Good Day mspittle2000,

Thank you for the time you took to share your honest feedback with us, regarding your recent stay. We apologize that the shuttle was not working properly when you were using it. We had an issue with it and thought it would be better to keep the shuttle in service. A shuttle with no A/C is better then no shuttle at all. We took the shuttle in for maintenance on one of our slower days, so that it wouldn't inconvenience our guests. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience this caused you!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was the worst hotel stay ever. I don't think the staff is unhelpful as much as they are clueless. I asked for a quieter room since I was traveling with a kid. I understand it is south beach and I am not looking for peace and quiet and zen living ! But they gave me a room right above the dj booth. Then they kept promising the music would stop at 10pm and then at 10:30 said they won't. Too late to change the room.

The floors stink of cleaning agents- so I am guessing the hotel was clean.

Pizza ordered - there are plenty of great reviews for food so I am guessing it was just the wrong day but the pizza had more salt than 10 pizzas should legally contain .

Guess either it was just my unluckiest day in terms of hotels or the hotel just got a bunch of well meaning but absolutely clueless - to put it kindly - bunch of folks to work as their staff that day!

• Stayed: April 2014

Hello there Aparnapjain,

We value all of our guests feedback and we are terrible sorry that your stay with us was not a 5 star one! We apologize that we placed you in a room above the bar. Typically they are quiet so I am not sure what happened here. I will make sure to inform our management about this. We wish that you would give us another chance in the future, so we could show you what a great time is.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

While, I normally never write reviews, I felt compelled to this time. So, my South Beach trip lasted 16 days, 9 of which was spent at the Catalina. My cell ended up getting stolen and I was tracking it with my ipad to get it back. It was difficult because I didn't always have an internet connection. When Jean found out (one of the staff) he let me borrow his personal wifi device and said, "Go Get your phone back." Within 4 hours I had tracked it down to the beach!
As far as the property goes, it was very nice. Modern, contemperary design. Nice appliances and furnishings. The DJ was awesome and the free drinks during happy hour was always fun. Also, they have a concierge service that told me all about the clubs and bars in Miami. He knew about all of them! Location is very good; it's only about a block from Lincoln ave. In summation, you won't find a more helpful staff and a better vibe at a hotel in south beach

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Good Afternoon bbinvestmentguru,

We are delighted to read your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are extremely glad to know that your time spent here was a great one! Jean is great and he is always willing to assist our guests with whatever they may need. I am very happy to know that you were able to track your phone, and got it back! I see that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary cocktail hour. It's a perfect way to start the night off right!! Please come back again soon for another great time!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed at the Catalina for my bachelorette party, and it was amazing!! Tyrell came to our room and introduced himself to us, really made us feel so comfortable and he took care of all of our needs. If we ever had any questions Tyrell was always there to help us. He truly made sure I had the best time of my life, and I did. Joe was also great, he drove us in the golf cart whereever we needed to go and was very nice. He really made our trip fun. Eddie the bell hop was great too, so polite and very helpful!! The customer service at this hotel was awesome!! I literally could not have asked for a better hotel. It met all of my needs. It was party central and thats exactly what I was looking for! This is not a "family" hotel, so don't bring your kids.... you come to this hotel if you want to have fun, want to party, and want great customer service!! I can't wait to come back to The Catalina! Once again, Thank you to Tyrell, Joe, and Eddie for making our trip so special :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Good Afternoon CH1252,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! Thank you so much for taking your time to share yours with us, and all of our future guests! We are the perfect place to celebrate your bachelorette party! We are all about having a great time, and we want that for all of our guests! Tyrell the concierge is absolutely amazing, and I will make sure that he is aware of your kind praise! Joe is our driver for the electric shuttle, and will take you where you need to go within the SBG. We hope that you will come back again soon for another great time!