Catalina Hotel & Beach Club
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$183
$172
Hilton.com
$328
$247
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $308/night.

The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$299
  • Pool
Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$240
$182
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$219
$169
  • Pool
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$304
$279
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $354/night.

Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$219
$174
Official Site
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$279
$248
$1,762
$709
5,005 results
All reviewshappy hourrooftop poolmaxine buildingkung fusouth beachfree drinkssushi restaurantfree shuttlefree beach chairsbachelorette partylincoln roadocean driveart decodorsetmaxinesmiamibartender
Reviewed November 4, 2012

So, this place for me was a very love it despite all the warts kinda stay. Our room was the craziest thing ever: the doorway is pushed in 2 ft & 3 steps up from the hallway, once you get in the ceiling is all of 6'8'' high and the bed is sunk into the floor, the sink in the bathroom is literally 12"x12" and requires maneuvering when trying to sit on the toilet, as the bathroom is super tiny. Now all that being said our room was decorated in a neo japanese style, it had a very cozy chic feeling to it, and a Jacuzzi tub of all things, also a very comfortable memory foam bed. Some of the staff at the hotel were really crap and others very nice, and they did have free bike rentals....I would for sure go back just for the funkiness of it all, and also b/c it has a prime prime location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
catalinareviews, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Good Afternoon James,

I am so glad that you took the time to post your honest feedback for all of guests to read! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am very sorry to read about the staff not being perfect! Do you remember the names of the staff that didn't provide amazing customer service. If not, perhaps what he/ she looked like? I would love to know so that I can address it and make sure that it will never happen again! We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I can really suggest this hotel! Its clean and the staff is very nice and helpful. I just wanted go see miami but the concierge just gave us awesome advice on where to go and what to do which made our time in miami sooo much better. You can walk to everywhere! He explained so friendly. If you go there look out for tyrell. He will give you the very best advice. The front desk is really cool too and always friendly door openers. The rooms are super stylish! I would love to be still there. Thank you tyrell, jonathan,forest and tomic and guy for giving us a nice stay in miami beach!!

• Stayed: October 2012

Good Evening,

Thank you for writing your review for all of our future guests to read! I am very glad that you had a great time while staying with us! I am glad that you found the hotel to be clean and our staff very nice and helpful! Our concierges are wonderful! They are always making sure that our guests get sent to the perfect place to have an amazing time- whatever need be. We are conveniently located in the middle of everything if not a 5 minute cab ride from it. I will let Tyrell and the rest of the mentioned staff know of your kind praise! Our staff loves to hear praises! We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

After a horrible experience down the road, I was left struggling to find a hotel at 11:30 PM with my FOUR year old daughter. I was quickly booked with Catalina and quickly arrived hoping to get into a room quickly. Upon arrival Carlos greeted me with warm welcome, I told him about my horrible night and he assured me would take great care of me and get me the best room he could. He held true to his words and got me into a room that was absolutely ADORABLE and away from the craziness of Miami Beach. This hotel was great, not only was it a true boutique experience but the staff here especially Carlos who works nights, was AMAZING. He truly helped save my experience in Miami Beach, he even got me help with my luggage to my room. I know if I return to Miami Beach this is EXACTLY where I will find myself staying, I would recommend this place to all my friends and family.

Room Tip: The beds are AMAZINGLY comfortable! This hotel is DEFINITELY geared towards "night on the town" or "girls weekend" however it was still family friendly.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Good Evening Amanda!

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful review on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am very sorry to read that you had a horrible experience down the street from us! Carlos greeted you upon your arrival with a warm welcome! :) I am glad that we were able to accommodate you and your daughter after your experience at the previous hotel! I will let Carlos know of your wonderful praise! We hope to have you stay with us again on your next trip to South Beach!

Have an amazing afternoon!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I always look for a boutique hotel in whatever city I visit. I booked the hotel on line based on my coworker’s recommendation. It turned out to be a good one. The Catalina is a kitschy place (which makes it fun) and the staff are terrific. Every person you encounter goes out of their way to make your experience enjoyable.

The hotel is situated in the ideal location in South Beach. There are great restaurants in every direction and you can walk to cool lounges/bars at night, so there is no need for cab rides. And they provide you with free towels and chairs when you hit the beach during the day, which is across the street.

My room was very quiet at night because I requested a quieter area of the hotel. The room was very clean. I stayed for 4 nights. Both pools are small, but great. And the bartenders were very accommodating to make sure everyone had a great time.

The hotel is definitely a younger demographic (people in their late 20’s to mid-30’s), but not a spring break style free for all. All of the hotel patrons we encountered were outgoing and very respectful. For the price point, you can't beat the hotel. Considering you have the Ritz Carlton and Delano directly across the street. I will certainly stay at the Catalina next time I'm in Miami.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room that is more isolated, request it and they wil accommodate you.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Ok so i originally booked the catalina for two nights. Even though i was coming down for a whole week i was going to stay at a friends place. Well guess what. I didnt want to leave! They gave me AMAZING rates for my room. Always were helpful, and courteous and i became friends with almost everybody.
Chloe, Tyrell, Tash, Jade, Kristen, Keith, Levent,every single one of them were the coolest people around. Great Staff.

Happy Hour is a blast.
24 restaurant for the 5am cravings.
Beds are so comfortable.
The rooftop pool is great for kicking back having a drink and mingling with other guests.

I am actually writing this review from the comfort of one of their beds right now, because i ended up missing my flight today and of course they took me back in like a orphan child looking for a home at another AMAZING rate.

I highly suggest staying here. I originally booked for two nights, i ended up staying for six.

This hotel is a party.

Room Tip: B-room was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Good Day Samer!

It is a pleasure to read your wonderful review that you took your time to write for all of our future guests to read! I am so very glad to read that you stayed with us instead of going to your friends house!!! :D I will let all of the mentioned staff know about your lovely praise!! All of our staff here strives to perform their best to get wonderful comments such as yours! What bar did you spend your Happy Hours at? In regards to the beds- we only use the best mattresses ever made- Tempur- Pedic beds. I am very sorry that you missed your flight but glad that you decided to spend your last hours with us!! :) We cannot wait to have you stay with us again sooner then later!

Have a great day!