“AMAZING STAFF”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“AMAZING STAFF”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights about two weeks ago and had an amazing time. The pool staff and front desk staff were super helpful and kind. Thank you Charles(bar), Joelle and Steve for your awesomeness !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karen L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We initially booked a room for one night but when we got to the room on 11th floor we liked it so much we decided to ask for two more nights. Rogelio was the front desk guy who was not only paying attention to what we were thinking but he seemed to truly appreciate what we were thinking without having to ask. Every time we dealt with the staff they treated us with professionalism, but we thought Rogelio went far beyond our expectations.
We used both pools which the newer one was heated and in the mornings had a nice feeling compared to the cool temps at that time. The larger and older pool was nice also. They have extra towels in the pool area for the pools and the beach so no need to bring your towels from your room.

The room was small but had a nice balcony with partial view of the ocean. Be careful if you want to hear the waves from the beach, you may not because of the noise from the A/C units and music from the pools.

Parking was not an issue as there was plenty of street parking closeby. If the valet service was a little lower in price, we probably would have used it.

The location was great for us as it was just outside of the party atmosphere of South Beach but close enough to everything else by car or bike. There is a bike rental rack (available 24x7) across the street.

Room Tip: Rooms in the newer building may not be worth the extra $$$ because of the music noise from the pools...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank italiavstaiwan
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I should have heeded the reviews but I thought the renovation would be completed by my arrival. The lobby area was still being worked on so that area was very compressed.The lobby was extremely crowded when we arrived and there was no divider or "line" for check-in so people would just hurry to the open receptionist and me saying "I was next in line" didn't matter. There were 2 different sets of people that took over 15 minutes to check in because I waited for 15 minutes to finally get to the other desk. 2 minutes after pulling up our reservation the clerk stated she would be right back, but didn't explain what the problem was. I guess one of our 2 rooms was not ready but it took her over 5 minutes to return and give us our keys and she never gave us an explanation other than they were finishing up our room, even though it was 5:30pm. One of the rooms they provided only had a King bed and no sleep sofa as stated in the room description. They had to move us to a very noisy room near the elevator, which had a rusty framed sleep sofa with a rust stained? mattress. My daughter had to sleep in the King bed with us. We should have requested to move back to the other room, but we went out for the evening and didn't return until after 1am so we weren't aware at how noisy the room was until we tried to sleep and my daughter already fell asleep in our bed. The only nice things I can say about the hotel are that the beach and location are nice, and the valet staff is very friendly. The pool area was still being renovated so it was a bit cramped, but the beach and boardwalk were nice. I'm sure it will look nice after the renovation is complete I would NEVER stay here again because I feel like I was cheated. I should have been suspicious when the clerk disappeared during check-in. Nobody should be put us in that noisy room unless they are told about the noise level and even then the price should have been reduced. Also,they should have been aware of the condition of the sleep sofa in the room, since there were sheets on it. What they should have done is been honest with us and offered a choice between a rollaway in the original room or a noisy room with a non-usable sleep sofa.The lesson I learned is to check everything you will use in the room before going out for the evening. I did not expect this from a Courtyard since I have always had good experiences when staying in other locations. Thankfully the other room that my sons had was nice, although the hallways on the floor they were on were dirty with pizza boxes and garbage when we arrived back at 1am and they were still there in the morning.

Room Tip: DON'T get a room near the main elevators!!! They run ALL night long since the other elevators ar...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RHtravels
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear RH Travels,

Thank You staying for staying with us. We truly apologuize for any inconvenience you may have had during your stay with us. I have reviewed your comments with the with the service team and will ensure there is thorough follow-up. We have completed our property expansion and hope that you provide us with another opportunity to host you and your family.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the first time last week for business. I didn't know what to expect based on other trip advisor reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised. As many other have notes, the staff was not only professional, but also fun and engaging.

The breakfasts were above average, particularly the personalized omelets.

My room was fine. Nothing great, but it did the job.

The exercise room was great, and the room service was above average.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank TwoWas
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear TwoWas,

Thank You for choosing our hotel during your business trip to Miami Beach. If you have the time, please contact me at 305-538-3373 as we always offer great Business rates in Miami Beach. I look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Macon, Georgia
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Upon arrival the valet and luggage people were very helpful. When i walked into the lobby i immediately smelled fresh aromas, the smell was very clean and sweet. I requested a room with a better oceanfront view and they politely switched the rooms for me with no problems.. The Carabbas on site is very convenient, a waiter served drinks and appetizers while I was on the beach and they also serve at the poolside. The location is perfect, it is further north but not too far. It's right in the center of Miami beach so you get the quiet cleaner side of the beach but also only about a 5 minute drive away from south beach. One thing i did not like is the scooter place that the concierge referred me to. He said that it was the best place I could rent scooters from but after dealing with those people, they seemed to be terrible con artist. "Geneva Scooters" I wouldn't recommend renting from them unless YOU properly inspect the scooter yourself.

Room Tip: request highfloor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank queenie1989
Dear queenie 1989,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. We truly appreciate the feedback and hope we have the opportunity to host you again upon your next visit to Miami Beach. I have forwarded your comments to our front office team regarding the scooter rentals and truly take this feedback seriously as we always attempt to refer our guests to the most reputable vendors. We apologize for any inconvenience. I hope you provide us with another opportunity.

Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We liked the hotel in its old condition back in October 2012 due to its very friendly staff, that made out stay perfect. Now we came here again and found brand new tower built with ocean view rooms. Excellent hotel - same supportive and friendly staff makes your stay a holiday. New light and fresh lobby brings new look to the hotel. Breakfasts are good, the waiter from Serbia creates passionate energetic atmosphere at the breakfast! Hotel has gym, but beach and boardwalk replace the one easily. Also there two pools with sun beds. Now hotel provides services at the beach - umbrellas, sun beds, toys for kids etc. it wasn't available last stay.
The only negative impression we had was Carrabas restaurant. Needs clean up and renovation.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank DctrG
Dear DctrG

Thank You for staying with us during your most recent visit to Miami Beach. I appreciate the feedback and hope you return to visit us in the near future. The hotel has completed its beautiful expansion and the property looks great. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Pembroke, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 13, 2014

All in all my stay was okay because I did not deal with the staff at all until I checked out and left my luggage with the concierge since I wanted a little more time on the beach. When I came back for my luggage he gave it back to my wit the handle broken which was not how he recieved it. I went to go find my family to show them the damage and they told me to talk to the front desk so I brought up the situation to them but no one could seem to help. The concierge was VERY RUDE to me trying to blame me saying I broke it which I was shocked by how he was so mean I almost started to cry, the only person that was nice and tried to help was the head of the valet and the engineer that could not fix my bag. There was talk about filling out an accident report but a woman at the front desk but she did not have me sign it or even ask my name that I was later told as I was getting into my car to go home by the valet was supposed to happen. This whole situation made me very upset and was just so rude and inconsiderate by these employees.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family