“Another Great Stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
long isalnd
“Another Great Stay!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times while visiting friends in the Miami area. The strength of this hotel is the staff. They are friendly,helpful and sincerely want to make your stay enjoyable. I was particularly impressed with Lakeisha Wright who made my stay awesome!..The location of the hotel is oceanfront and while the expansion is near complete the staff try to compensate for any imposition on the guests...I will be there again soon and I know the same standards will be present....Great place to relax!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear bttravlr,

Thank You very much for choosing our property for your visit to Miami Beach. We appreciate the kind remarks and hope to see you back in the near future as our property expansion is complete. I will be sure to pass along comments to the staff.

Joseph LaFleur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed here for both business and pleasure week of Dec-9, 2013. This was my second time here and I was quickly reminded that one of the strengths of this hotel is its staff (which for me is a big part of my experience)

There was not one person that I came in contact with that didn't take the time to say hello or smile. Joe, who I found out during the stay is the General Manager via a friendly exchange with him by chance in the hallway, has a great energy and attitude that seems to set the stage for the rest of the team here at this Courtyard Marriott. I'd also like to give extra special mention to some people that went the extra mile each day for me, including Amanda (thanks for the room change on the fly for our meeting!), Pierre (best made to order Ommlettes for breakfast, and Stephany (super courteous, smiley, and helped me out over and over). There were many others that took care of me during my stay but I just couldn't remember all the names (sorry) !!!

As far as the facilities, the beach areas was nice/good, the rooms were clean, the bed was comfy, internet was good, balconies are just enough, shower had good pressure, coffee each day was OK, and the rum punch was a nice bonus on Thursday's. This is not a fancy hotel to get all blinged out real fake Miami-style, but it is down to earth, chill and friendly -- they also put some thought and creativity into the extra things they do for guests for a special touch.

Food in the restaurant is tasty, calamari, fish tacos, burgers, but I would assume not alot of the sauces or frozen is made from scratch (which is very typical in USA and in a hotel restaurant like this) -- still the average traveler to Miami wouldn't even pick up on this. Salads need some work, not my favorite. Breakfast buffet was good for me, fresh squeezed OJ was awesome, made-to-order eggs and bacon were the highlight and coffee was good...

As for location, it is on 38 and Collins, which isn't exactly a hot= spot of Miami beach, but you can take a quick $2.25 bus, $10-12 cab fare, or do what I did and rent a scooter to go wherever you want (10min drive each way, it was easy). This area up past 17th is much quieter too. There isn't alot to eat in very close walking distance late night around the hotel but there is a convenience store across the street with some food and a beer store as well. You can still order stuff to your room and the restaurant will package up food and bring it to your room until 10pm-ish.

So, to close it all out, I would recommend this place for couples, light-business travel, and the general everyday travelers. High-marks for staff and clean rooms!

Room Tip: Make sure you are facing the water, note that the new tower they are building does block out partial...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank aklim
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear aklim,

Thank You so much for choosing our property again during your most recent visit to Miami Beach. We hope to see you back soon. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Amanda, Stephany and Pierre.

Brasília
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 1 week in December and even under renovation was a good value. It´s a 3 or 4 stars hotel and the room was nice for a Courtyard. The staff, special thanks for Rafael and Andrea at the restaurant were very nice in helping us. There was no noise as the construction was already done.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Miriam M
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Miriam M,

Thank You very much for choosing our property. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Rafael and Andrea. We hope you stay with us again for your next visit to Miami Beach.

Orlando
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Unfortunately this was not one of the better courtyards we are used to.
For $300 per night one would expect a nice lobby and pool or ocean front dining.
This place was below average.
Try another hotel. Carabas a Restaurant , which serves as the hotels breakfast room, did not deliver either. Will not come back.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank SchnitzelOrlando
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear SchnitzelOrlando,

Thank You for staying with us. I truly apologize about your experience and hope that you provide us with another opportunity as we are days away from completing our property expansion which includes a new indoor/outdoor breakfast restaurant as well as newly enhanced hotel amenities. We hope that you visit us again

Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because of its location. The check in staff was efficient and professional. The lobby is very tastefully done, and welcomes you with fruit flavored water - nice touch. The room is nicely furnished and the pullout portion of the desks fits between the beds - genius!

The room was clean, but not of the standard expected. I would grade it 7 out of 10. The camity sink was clogged - due to the lateness of my check in we did othing about it andjust went to bed. I recommend that you check everything in the room as soon as you get to it so that any deficiencies can be remedied immediately.

Free Internet was a nice touch also. Ask the front desk about free parking hours on the street to save $32 per day on parking. I could not get up before 8am to pay for daily metered and chose to use the valet instead. A very pricey decision.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a good view and less noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Yvonne B,

Thank You for staying with us during your most recent visit to Miami Beach. I truly apologize about the clogged sink and will ensure your comments are relayed to our engineering and housekeeping departments. I hope you provide us with another chance when you stay here in Miami Beach.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed December 8, 2013

On 11/29/2013 we stayed at the Miami Courtyard Cadillac which is undergoing renovation. The rooms are small but for a short stay they are ok. The service was awesome, more than I would expect at a Courtyard and the beach is private. The manager of the beach area was awsome and more than willing to help with anything. We did walk around the area and enjoyed the brief stay we had.

We also had the opportunity to see the renovation that is going on and it will be awesome when it is finished.

Room Tip: Use your gold elite status in advance if you have them and call them is the trip was booked by a cru...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mike S,

Thank You for choosing our property for your visit to Miami Beach. I will surely pass your comments along to the Beach Manager as well as the rest of the service professionals at our property. We hope to see you again

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My family and I enjoyed two wonderful stays at this hotel. Not only were the rooms spacious, well located, the staff were extremely helpful.
We were pleasantly surprised to come to find free ice cream on occasions and free popcorn on separate occasions being handed out in the loby.
The hotel is well located to the main south beach area with both taxis and direct buses taking less then 10 mins and also it was right on the beach.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be sure to go again when we return to Miami. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pjdlon
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear pjdlon,

Thank You for your kind feedback. We truly appreciate you staying with us. We hope to see you back in Miami Beach very soon