“Great Beach” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
CT
“Great Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our priority: The Beach. It was beautiful, sandy, not overcrowded (July), and water was clear.

Location: As mentioned North of South Beach (a good thing for family’s). Right on the beach. Short drive to Miami downtown and Miami beach shopping. Walk to CVS, Baskin Robbins, some smaller restaurants.

Staff worked hard to help. Rooms are on the smaller side, but typical of the area. Great for families.

Once construction is complete, I would highly recommend. Of course I’m sure the prices will sadly increase as well!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear declue,

Thank You for your feedback and for choosing our hotel during your visit to Miami Beach. I agree, the location of the hotel is great (close to all of the attractions). I will be sure tio deliver your feedback to the service team at the hotel. Thank You for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you back in the near future.

Joseph LaFleur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful ocean view hotel. Very modern decor with classic Miami charm. Front desk staff wonderfully friendly and helpful. Tiki bar and pool was fun. A few blocks walking distance from a Walgreens and cafes. Stay here for sure!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Whitney T
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Whitney T,

Thank You very much for your kind words and feedback. I will be sure to pass this along to our front desk staff and tiki bar staff. The hotel does have great views and its location (on the beach) is phenomenal. I hope to see you back in the near future.

Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Even though the hotel is currently under renovations the whole experience of staying there was nice. Service is really good and it is well located in front of the beach. Keep in mind that there is no parking so they have a Valet Service that is quite expensive.

What I really didn't like is that when I went to the beach the chairs and umbrella from the beach were not included as part of the hotel experience. You had to pay in order to use them. If you are staying at a beach hotel I think this needs to be included as part of the experience.

Another thing I didn't like is that we got a lot of papers under our door room for restaurants around. I think there should be a little bit more security on the hotel to avoid this kind of things. We got like the same papers with the same information every single day for the same restaurants around.

I still recommend going to this Hotel if you are staying in Miami Beach.

Room Tip: Try getting a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Gaby 810,

Thank You very much for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. We truly appreciate the feedback and really hope we see you back in the future. Our beach rates are competitive with other like hotels on the beach, although we do not charge a resort fee (which can be common in Miami Beach). Also, our parking rates are priced below other comparable hotels. I apologize for any papers that were left under your door, we will take this comment and use it to better train our housekeeping team. Thank You for choosing our property, we hope to see you again during your next visit to Miami Beach.

Estero, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

In fairness to the TA community I am compelled to write this review. There were so many things wrong I refused an on site offer and took this up with Marriott post stay. The hotel finally stepped up. I was only there one night and it was a disaster. In reviewing previous responses from the GM the construction was supposed to be competed by the end if August. It is not. My guess is by Thanksgiving. What I can I say positive ?? The valet guys are on top of their game( for $32 a day,in/out), allow 15 minutes to get your vehicle. There is a Carrabbas restaurant in the hotel which is one of the ugliest I've ever seen, but the food came out perfect. Most guests enter by the back door and look dumbfounded since the hostess is at the front door. Put a sign up!! Go to the front. Beach chair/ umbrella to rent$13 each piece. 10 minutes by car to South Beach.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jackman1
Dear Jackman1,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced whikle at the hotel. We are very excited as our great hotel will be completed with its ongoing property beautification by November 1st. In order to truly gage your experience, I would like to speak with you (if you have a moment). I can be reached at 305-538-3373. Thank You and we hope you provide us another opportunity to change your experience.

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Having never been to Miami Beach before, this hotel served its purpose as a place to sleep. However, the room was VERY small and there was the most obnoxious cologne smell in the lobby. It was like walking into an A&F store. Blech! The location is not the greatest. While it is on the beach, it's not near any good restaurants or shopping so be prepared to take a cab everywhere (or just rent a car). The only good thing is that it was a short ride to and from the airport. Had I not used points to stay for free, I would have stayed farther south down the beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Beth0106
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Beth 0106

Thank You for choosing our property during your visit to Miami Beach. I will be sure to investigate the cologne smell as we do not use the type of fragrance you describe (we apologize if any smell was offensive). I am also saddened that you were able to enjoy some of the finest restaurants in Miami Beach which are located walking distance to the hotel. There are top rated nightclubs, lounges and restaurants all within a 5 block radius. We appreciate that you chose to use points during your visit. Thank You for choosing our historic hotel, we hope you give us a second chance.

Shelter Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Upon arrival my family was pleasantly surprised to find we had been upgraded to a nicer room. Matt at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Housekeeping did a great job keeping the sand at bay in the halls and in our room. Tons of "nice touches" around the hotel, from fruit water, to a free ice cream sundae bar and popcorn being popped in the lobby. Guys at the front door were very friendly and punctual with our car. Rafael serves up great food, as well as a friendly and warm demeanor at breakfast. Clean pool area, and quick walk to the beach. This hotel had it all!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear 317 Jennifer G,

We are very happy that you chose our property and had a great time during your visit to Miami Beach. We hope to see you back very soon. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the service team (especially Matt, housekeeping and Rafael). Thank You again for staying with us.

palm beac gadens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband was having heart surgery in Mt. Sinai Hospital; so I was alone at the hotel. I was very comfortable there and felt very safe. The staff, especially LaKeisha Wright and Sharita Roach were so kind to me, inquiring about my husbands progress each evening when I returned. Having Carabbas there sure made things much easier for me. The valet staff always had a smile and a welcome back. We are home now and having rehab for my husband. As soon as he is able, we will return to enjoy your wonderful hotel and enjoy those great bath towels...soooo soft. Gerri B.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Gerri B

Thank Yoo for choosing our property for your stay in Miami Beach. We all hope that your husband is doing well (please send him our best). We whope to see you back once your husband is able. I will be sure to pass your comments to Keisha and Saritha.