“Great location and excellent service”

Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #86 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My family and I really enjoyed this hotel and the staff was excellent. They could not have been more friendly and helpful throughout our stay. I was in the area on business and extended my stay a few days so we could enjoy Miami Beach. The weather was difficult with thunderstorms and flooding but we managed to get alot of sun and beach time anyway. Great location and service.

The hotel would get an excellent rating once the construction on the tower is completed. It didn't bother us very much but there were construction workers and some slight inconveniences. Still this is a highly recommended Hotel and a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms near the elevators were a bit loud at night.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Traveling Xman,

Thank You for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Miami Beach. We are truly excited to showcase our property (especially after the expansion project is completed). We hope you stay with us again and we truly appreciate the feedback.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront

Reviewed July 20, 2013

While my husband was having a heart procedure done at Mt. Sinai Medical Center, I was looking for shelter from the storm...literally. Miami Beach had significant flooding during the four days we were there. Not satisfied with my first night's experience at a nearby hotel, I decided on the Courtyard Marriott because of my phone conversation with the reservation agent. She was efficient, customer friendly and personable. She helped me navigate the Miami Beach map to my location and offered helpful hints regarding traffic and parking. I arrived drenched, exhausted and in need of a friendly face. My experience at checkin was outstanding, and in moments, I was enjoying the sanctuary I was seeking. Food was steps away, as was a glass of wine served with a generous smile. I wasn't sure I would need to stay another night, so I checked out the next morning. When I realized I would indeed be staying over, I immediately called the Courtyard. Upon arrival, I was greeted by my FIRST name - by the same reservation agent as before. He welcomed me back, as did the parking valet and the hostess at the restaurant. This staff is the reason I will return when we have future visits to Mt. Sinai. They really are like shelter in a storm.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Diane G
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Diane G,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team at the front desk. Please send our best to your husband, as we hope he is recovering nicely from his procedure at Mt. Sinai.
We hope to see back in the near future.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Nice hotel, lovely location right on miami beach. Room decorated to a very high standard. Shame about the pool renovations but the hotel supplied free umbrella, towels and sunbeds on the beach which was fine. Highlight of the trip was all the wonderful staff who made us feel so welcome and were really helpful when it came to local knowledge and advice. NB. You can park on the street meters for $10 a day rather than paying for valet parking to save a bit of money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Terryi43
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Terryi43,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. I am happy you were able to enjoy the beach and the great activities of Miami Beach. We hope to see you back in Miami Beach very soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We always stay at a Courtyard by Marriot, because I know what to expect... attentive personnel, great rooms and nice amenities.... NO SURPRISES. Well my family was certainly SURPRISED with this Marriot on our summer vacation. The website does not mention the ear piercing construction sounds, beeps and banging. It's just casually mentioned when you check in.
Our wakeup call were construction noises or jackhammer rattling us right out of bed at 8:00A.M. every morning.
When we went to the pool, we could not relax because you can't simply can't get used to the construction noise. It will be a great Ocean Front Tower but Marriot needs to do the right thing. I will refrain from further commentary since Marriot has an opportunity here to compensate myself and future vacationers with some compensation for their woes.
The location is perfect and there is great service with a smile, but please do better Marriot.

Steve

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear SKR1123,

Thank You for choosing our property during your visit to Miami Beach. I would be more than happy to speak with you regarding your stay; I can be reached at 305-538-3373. Our property expansion project is posted on our website (on each phase of the booking process) and all other booking engines since April 2012. Our project is set to finish in late August 2013 and the current phase has very little noise to the hotel guest. I do apologize for the excessive noise.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at Courtyard pre cruise in April and had a wonderful stay. We love the location and the staff was great. The Tiki Bar was a nice place to relax in the evenings. The beach was great too. I know the construction is a bother to some but it was not to us. Why use the pool when you have a fabulous beach right there. We enjoyed our stay so much we will be back pre cruise again in April 2014!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TSUmomof2

Dear TSUMOMof2,

Thank You very much for considering our hotel during your visit to Miami Beach. We appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again before and after your next cruise. I will be sure to pass your comments to the service team.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here in June and were a bit disappointed that we couldn't use the pool which was a main reason why we booked this hotel. However, the hotel was very nice and made up for it with free breakfast. The reception staff was very helpful at all times.

Yes there was construction work going on, however i knew about this before hand.
The location is great if you don't want to be at the Southern End of Miami. The beach is right in front of the hotel which is a big plus.

The hotel is a bit pricey but all hotels in Miami are expensive. There is a bus stop outside the hotel which is very convenient when you want to catch a sightseeing bus.

The best part is the soft towels. This hotel has the softest towels I have ever experienced. I whish every hotel would be like that.

The breakfast is a bit basic but hey, if you don't like it - go somewhere else. I enjoyed the fresh waffles every morning; the chef does a great job making delicious omelettes and waffles. He really looks after you. A very nice and friendly guy, shame I forgot his name (a biggish guy).
Maybe the hotel could provide fresh cream for the waffles, then they wouldn’t be that dry.
Otherwise, a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Silk23
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Silk 23,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to South Florida. We appreciate the feedback and will be sure to add fresh cream as a breakfast option for the waffles. Please contact us back at 305-538-3373 so we can send you some towels. We hope you return to visit us again in Miami Beach.

Best regards

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Just come home from this hotel June 2013 jack hammers, cement mixers, JCB all going on around the pool area. If you have booked already change it now...

Inside is okay it's the outside could not sit by the pool or have lunch at the Tikki bar due to building work. No where else to sit so we went to the beach, However you could even hear the noise on the beach !!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank superhousekeeper
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear superhousekeeper,

Thank You for your staying with us during your visit from the United Kingdom. We do apologize for any disruption created by our latest expansion efforts. Our project concludes this summer and will truly elevate this hotel to new levels. Unfortunately there are growing pains (such as noise), which is why we alert our guests via our website, so they feel informed before arrival. Unfortunately I do not have your booking information so we could follow-up with your tour operator. Lastly, our project has been since early 2012 with many different phases, our current phase does not include much noise, and our team stops work each day by 5pm. I am sorry you did not enjoy your time, we hope you provide us another opportunity in the future.