Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #86 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel celebrating my daughters Sweet 16 birthday. The room they gave us was huge, the bathroom had a little mold or dirt in the grout of the tile, but it was livable. The hotel is nice but appears to need updating. The pool was closed due to construction, but the staff offered to take you to their sister hotel from the hours of 9am-3pm; which I did not think that was the most convenient time. This appears to be a business hotel,as there were several groups checking in while I was there.
The staff at the hotel was very friendly and accommodating. Valet parking was awesome and always greeted you with a smile no matter how many times during the day they had to park the car. The $32 + valet fees were pricey, but worth it.
Overall, the girls enjoyed their stay. I don’t think this would be my first choice of a hotel to stay if I return to South Beach to visit. Maybe when the renovation is completed I would consider staying again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kianna134
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear Kianna134,

Thank You for staying with us and we do appreciate the feedback. A sweet 16 is a very special occassion and I am excited you chose our property. I will ensure your feedback is relayed to our housekeeping staff, in addition I do apologize about the bathroom, we will work to ensure this does not happen. Our valet charges are very much reasonable for Miami Beach. I hope you you return to see us in the future as our property beautification project is drawing to a close. Thank You for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront

Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you wanna be on the beach then this is a decent hotel. If I don't have a good reason to be in that location again I will choose to stay at another area hotel next time.

For starters parking is valet only, and they charge for it, although I only got charged $32 total for 3 nights. It's not the most convenient location for walking to shops and restaurants. The hotel has an Italian restaurant in the building. There was a lot of construction going on during my recent visit so no pool available.

They apparently allow smoking in the hotel. My non-smoking room had been smoked in and the perfume they use to cover it was nauseating, I had to sleep with my door open to mitigate the smell. There was a loud humming noise from somewhere outside that kept me awake at night. Not a very restful stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the best room you can get.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 2000expilot

Dear 200expilot,

Thank You for choosing our beautiful property. The hotel is home to leisure and business travelers alike set on a large stretch of beachfront property in Miami Beach. Our valet prices are very much competitive with other like properties in Miami Beach. There also is plenty of street parking available, which is an option for our guests. Our hotel is also smoke free, which is noted in each guest room. I do apologize if there was a smoke smell near your room. I hope you give us another chance especially once our historic property is completed with the addition of our new oceanfront tower. Once again thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you in the future.

Best Regards

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We arrived this afternoon to a bunch of frat boys throwing beers off the balcony to people on the street. The front desk staff was extremely helpful but unfortunately the cleanliness & appearance of the room over shadowed their customer service skills. If I wasn't so tired we would have driven down the street to the other Marriott. The room smelt like someone used an entire bottle of febreze. The accent cover on the bed was blatantly stained with flood, I took it off the bed & left it in the hallway. The bathroom had more hair than my brush, which on all white tile is hard to miss. The mattress was comfortable but the pillows feel like someone rolled up a sheet under my head. Considering we requested a handicap room, I'm glad none of us are wheelchair bound. You wouldn't be able to get past the bathroom. The room also had lovely wine stains on the carpet that no one bothered to clean or replace the carpet. You don't mind wrinkles or little imperfections at times but even the framed photographs are dirty & haven't been cleaned. I wouldn't need half the stuff squeezed in this room if it would ensure it was cleaned.

The complimentary beach service & shuttle to the other hotel's pool is a nice touch to compensate for the construction. The valet who nearly backed into me & my small child this evening (we jumped out of the way) and didn't bother to stop nor apoligize, put the nail in the coffin for this hotel. You expect more from this hotel, especially when my husband travels for a living & prefers to stay with Marriott. Overall I'm extremely disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank JerseyGirl313
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Jersey Girl 313

Thank You for providing us with feedback during your most recent stay. I do apologize for the cleanliness of the room and the valet service. I will be sure to address this with our Housekeeping staff and parking manager. We do take great pride in the maintenance and upkeep of the property as well as the safety of our guests. I hope you give us another chance on your return visit to Miami Beach.

Best Regards

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Sorry for the late review I stayed here with my fiancé for a quick getaway to South Beach. We are both 24 years old and this was not where we were trying to stay for our Miami out of the town trip. The room was very basic, no view etc but you get what you pay for. We did enjoy the beach and pool area but other than that we probably would not stay here again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A_Hatcher1319

Dear A Hatcher 1319,

Thank You for staying with us last year. We do very much appreciate that you chose our property. I would like to learn more about your stay, if you have time I can be reached at 305-538-3373.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Upon arrival, the hotel lobby is very nice which makes for a very optimistic experience. Once up the elevator to your room everything starts to change. There is a stench in the hallways that is "old beach hotel" smell. Then you get to your room, doesn't seem too bad...comfortable layout, average size bathroom and all the general things you would expect from the Marriott brand.

Come time for bed, you crawl under the covers only to find the world's most uncomfortable bed and pillows. We didn't sleep very much in the three nights we stayed and were so happy to check out and head home to our own bed. The bed is broken down on the sides so when you sit to put shoes on or just getting in and out of bed you notice there is absolutely no support. Overall it's like sleeping on a bag of rocks and truly the worst bed I've ever see at a hotel. We advised the front desk about the bed and they said they would make note. To be fair, we should have asked to have our room changed, but in checking with a couple of colleagues also at this hotel, they all reported the same problem.

Be aware there is construction at the hotel and were oceanfront rooms are now overlooking the new tower and there is no view. Also, there is no pool and you have to take a shuttle to another hotel if you want to use the pool.

The hotel staff is very friendly and they seem to try hard, but as my husband says you can't put lipstick on a pig. There are a lot of great hotels in Miami, but this is NOT one of them. Perhaps when the new tower is done, that will be the best bet, but for now, give this hotel a miss.

There is a Carrabba's restaurant on property but not worth going to...it smells like week old seafood and is nasty dirty from the floors, to the view into the kitchen as well as the tables and bathrooms. All surfaces seem to be covered in a layer of grease and dirt! ICK!!!

Room Tip: when the new tower is complete, make sure your room is it...the rest of the hotel is old and tired a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank itrvlfar

Dear itrvlfar,

Thank You for staying with us during your recent visit to Miami Beach. We appreciate your feedback and hope you return to our property as the addition of the new tower will truly make this historic property even better. I apologize for any inconvenience you may experienced, we do want all guests to enjoy their stay. All of the bedding products meet current Marriott standard. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team at Carrabba's.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Im a bit late in writing this review, as it was last year we went. Have been 3 times now and have just booked to stay again next April. The Hotel is in a great location on Collins it is a great walk to SOBE along the Broadwalk, but will take about an hour. The staff at The courtyard were very accomadating, I would have given it 5 stars, but they thought it was okay to put us in a room with a king size bed for 3 of us, my Daughter is 14 and its been a long time since she slept with her parents! when i went to reception they told me "That is a family room"....really! However after a while they said the best they could do was bring up a camp bed, it made the room very cramped but we were only there a couple of days this trip so it was fine.The staff outside around the pool bar were extremely friendly and the food was delicious...Happy hour a must! cannot wait to go back in 2014.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Louloa99,

I Thank You for providing us your feedback. We appreciate that you chose our property and hope you return in 2014. I do apologize that we were not able to meet your requested room type. We look forward to your return.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Beware! - Stayed Feb 23-27. I booked the hotel and paid a premium for an ocean front room. This was a mistake. I knew that the hotel was under construction but my room was on the top floor facing the ocean and there was a building with construction workers 20 feet from my window blocking the Ocean view. Construction guys right outside the window, all day long. Had to keep everything closed. This was not disclosed and no alternative was offered by front desk/check in staff. The room I had should have been discounted, not a more expensive and it was very expensive! The pool was completely closed and access to the beach was from the front doors. Very disappointed. Our disappointment could have been avoided easily with a more transparent disclosure of the construction and by some form of compensation - different room, reduced rate, future credit.. something? Nothing was offered.

That aside, the Hotel is really nice, room was fine, staff were attentive, location great. If that building filled with construction guys wasnt there, we would have been really happy with everything. Unfortunately, it was a dissapointing experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple