“MISLEADING”

Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #84 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 11, 2013

When I booked our stay through Expedia at the beginning of January, I was we'll aware of the construction going on at the hotel. Expedia's website was very clear in stating there is construction on the "exterior". Once I got word that we were expecting 3 feet of snow the day we were to leave, I changed our flight (paid $300) to do so, called the hotel directly to see if they had a room for another night, & the very first words out of the representative's mouth was, "are you aware that our hotel is undergoing major renovations & the pool is CLOSED?!?!?!?! NO!!!!! Because NOWHERE on Expedia's website was there ANY indication of the pool being closed! I was well aware of the construction. Why would my husband & I travel from CT where it is 16 degrees to Miami to stay at a hotel with no pool????? This hotel clearly misrepresented themselves on Expedia & they were far from interested in compensating me. Marriott corporate will definitely be hearing about this! The "Starbucks" in the hotel is nothing but a counter that sells Starbucks coffee...and is closed by 4:00!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Melissa0703
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Melissa 0703,

Thank You for choosing us for your stay while in Miami Beach. As a fellow New Englander I empathize with your desire to leave the cold and escape to paradise during the winter months. I apologize for any confusion during the booking process with Expedia. We have spoken to their respresentatives in the past and continue to do so during our property beautification. If you have time, I'd like to speak with you regarding this; I can be reached at 305-5383373.

Joseph LaFleur

Write a ReviewReviews (2,348)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night. Lobby is very art deco and loud (music blaring). Rooms are quiet and very clean. Would recommend the hotel add ice machines and vending machines on the floors, so you don't have to go to the mini market during the night for something cold to drink.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not close to the lobby.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Aservies,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. I truly apologize that we did not communicate our hotel amenities as we do have ice machines and vending machines on each floor - I will work with the team on this type of communication. Our hotel also maintains its mid century modern design which we feel is important to our guests and Miami Beach. I hope you return in the near future. Thank You for your comments.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel was so easy to reach by public transportation from the (MIA) Miami airport. This hotel is right on the beach.. who wouldn't LOVE that! The lobby is decorated in the art deco style ( sooo cool) and is a very welcoming spot to sit and enjoy a free morning coffee after checking out. We ate at the attached Carraba's restaurant, we arrived just before closing and thought we may be too late but they welcomed us and we had a very delicious dinner. There is a liquor store right across the street as well as a small convenience store which was a perfect spot to pick up last minute items before we left on our cruise. the pool and hot tub looked lovely as well as a bar outside then a opening onto the boardwalk so you can enjoy the ocean. The staff were very friendly and helpful in planning our day around miami beach. Our room was pleasant however no view at all. The bed was very comfortable and overal a very good place to stay. IF we would have stayed longer I would have wanted a room with a view or balcony.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view or at least a room that does not look at a cement wall.

Dear Gruxgirl,

Thank You very much for choosing our property on your visit to Miami Beach. I agree with your comments as our property has great on-site amenities and is very convenient to the airport. Also, you are correct regarding the art deco feel of the property - the hotel is well maintained and has been a functioning hotel for over 73 years. I truly appreciate your feedback and hope you return in the near future.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel is very well located.
At 39 Street right on the beach.
The rooms are small but cozy and bright.
There are a mini-market (24/7) and mini-cafe with Starbucks coffee.
The territory is quite small, there is a pool, a Jacuzzi and a bar overlooking the beach.
Breakfast is quite good.
A good Italian restaurant.
Very pleasant and helpful staff.
There is a russian-speaking guy in the restaurant.

At the moment the hotel is completing a new building, so during business hours on weekdays are noisy. Although in the rooms with city views noise is not audible.As well as on the loungers on the beach. But sunbed + umbrella will cost you $ 15 a day )

3  Thank Vladislav K
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Vladislav K,

We appreciate you choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Miami Beach. I would welcome you back as we enter the closing stages of our hotel beautification project, which will truly enhance this already great property. I will be sure to pass along your comments regarding the staff and I hope when you return we get a chance to meet.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed here three nights in January. I have stayed in over 30 Courtyards to date, The reason we picked this one for location, location and location. Outside of that the hotel is not your boiler plate Courtyard as it a redo of the historic Cadillac hotel built in 1940. The lobby is small, noisy and unpeaceful, unlike the typical suburbia Courtyard lobby, with no place to just 'chill'. The pool is an A++ as it is big and clean and well landscaped. The rooms are a bit tired and we found our king mattress very poor. Most Courtyards have better ones. The service was excellent with employees seeming to please. The valet parking is a joke at 32 bux plus tax a day. We used it the 1st nite and then found plenty of street parking for the next 2 nites. You have to wait 20 minutes for them to bring you your car. The price per room is high, but based on location - beachfront and a great pool, you have to pay. The hotel offers both beachfront and city views. I see no justification to pay high $$ if you dont get and ocean view. Also the pool will be closed for construction from Feb 1, so unless the lower prices in that period big time, nothing redeeming about this hotel. Also, check your bill - there were 2 mistakes - overpriced on room and while we told them we didnt want valet after the first of 3 nites, they still billed us for 2 nites. They did however make the adjustment right away. We are big Marriott rewards points people, however this is Category 6, so you wont use points here. We use the Black Marriott Visa to pay, which benefits us with almost 10,000 points to get a free Category 2 night out of this. In conclusion, this hotel makes sense if 1) it has and you use the pool 2) get an oceanfront view 3) get a good price 4) have perks from your Credit Card.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michael R
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Michael R,

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Miami Beach. I am glad to see you were able to escape the winter cold of New England. Your comments are accurate, this is not your typical Courtyard. The hotel is historic and is very reminiscant of a full service property. The lobby will be restored and enlarged to its former grandeur when the hotel completes its on-going addition in August of 2013. I agree with your comments on staff service, we take pride in our service and I will pass along your comments. Our parking rates are on average lower than our competitors and each guest who uses the service is reminded to call 20 minutes ahead (and even given a ticket which states that) as most all hotels on Miami Beach are without on-site parking faciltiies. Lastly, I hope you return when we complete our renovation and even add another pool.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 5 days in late January 2013. There were no surprises. The staff was helpful. We had the full breakfast buffet and it was very good. Our room was comfortable, clean, updated, and large enough.

Carraba's is one of our favorite restaurants at home so we didn't eat dinner in the hotel on this trip.

Nice pool area and bar. Beach and boardwalk right out the back door. You can walk all the way to South Beach on the boardwalk. Pleasant walk.

Location: about two miles to Lincoln Road Mall and a little further to South Beach.

Valet parking at $32 is hard to take. We actually parked on the street and had no problems. $10 maximum. No charge after 6:00 pm to 8:00 am.

2  Thank kelly_young49
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Kelly_Young49

Thank you for the kind comments, I will be sure to pass them along to the staff. We appreciate you staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. I agree, the boardwalk is a pleasant way to enjoy all sections of Miami Beach. The $32 charge for Valet Parking is just below average for Miami Beach, we do not recommend street parking as we strive to ensure all vehicles are maintained in a safe and secure environment.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Looks like it was once the Cadillac Hotel. The upgraded lobby is deceiving. The halls are still kinda dated. My room was very very small but a business associate of mine had a much larger corner room. No breakfast included. The pool was shady most of the day but you can walk right to the beach in 3 min. Carabbas has a tiki hut outside and we were able to watch a football game there. Bike rental right next store and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a corner room. Do not get a middle room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Sherriflight,

Thank You staying with us during your recent visit to Miami Beach. We are in the process of constructing a beautiful new oceanfront tower which should only add to the beauty of this great property. I am not sure how your reservation was made, but we do offer attractive packages featuring breakfast and other hotel amenities. Again, thank you for choosing our beautiful property, we hope to see you back soon.

Best Regards,