“We Loved the Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront!”

Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #86 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I just got back from the Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront Hotel and we Loved it. Staff were so nice, anything we needed they were there to help. Room was great. They had construction at the pool area but we didn't mind at all, still used the pool and the beach was right there too! Highly recommend this hotel, we will definately go back! Thank you! Mrs. Lucille Rossi Bosnack.

Room Tip: We had reserved a King city view but when we got there, they upgraded us to a balcony room. We watc...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Lucy 1949_13,

Thank You for your kind remarks about the staff. Our goal is to ensure each guest leaves with a great experience wanting to return. I hope you have to visit us again when the tower is complete. Thank You for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The best thing about it is probably the staff and management. They try their best to make your stay enjoyable, even offer daily something free in the loby or at pool, like popsicles, starbucks coffee, hot chocolate. Gerson at front desk helped with any trip we planned to make. Seaquarium and city tour were the best choices. Hotel was recently upgraded, rooms are nice, beds are very, very comfortable. Didn't need a car. There is a bus stop in front of hotel to take you up and down. 2$ and in 10 min you are in Lincoln Mall. Boardwalk is another option - 40 min superb walk to same destination. If you are here just to hit the clubs of South Beach - probably not the best hotel. If you want to enjoy beach, pool, ocean, relax and have some good food at a variety of restaurants, AND visit Miami- you are in the right place. The hotel sits right on the beach!
Visit Fontainbleu hotel nearby - it's a historical amazing place.
Construction near swimming pool is annoying due to noise - but you are aware at booking and they have to do it to increase no. Of rooms. For breakfast try Market/Cafe right across the street they have yummy things. And long lines. But it's worth it. Coctails at Carrabas bar behind the pool are good:)) my daughter loved the heated swimming pool (important in December) and hot tub (small, max 10 people I think). No other activities for kids.

Room Tip: During construction, rooms with ocean view are the noisiest.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Oana5,

Thank You for choosing us for your recent visit to Miami Beach. I will pass along your comments about the staff and Gerson. We have a beautiful well maintained historic property, and I glad your were able to take advantage of it. I appreciate the feedback and hope to see you in Miami Beach in the near future.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Softest sheets ever! Good walking distance from Lincoln Rd about 20-30 minutes. We walked the broadwalk and was very nice to hear and see the beach as we made our way down for a bite to eat.

Having a small balcony is a nice plus. Valet parking expensive but worth it.
Loved the pool. Starbucks and italian restaurant on site.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Canuckgirl,

Thank You for visiting us from beautiful Canada. I am glad your stay was pleasant. I hope when you return to Miami Beach, we are your preferred property. I will be sure to pass along your comments.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This hotel is great. It is not a huge skyrise so the atmosphere is much more laid back and the elevators are a lot faster. The rooms are huge and the views from the rooms are great on both sides. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is great, close enough to South Beach and all the things you could want to do to get there easily, but far enough away that it is quiet at night.

The beach bar is fantastic. The food is good and the drinks are delicious, though they are pricey. The beach is steps away from the hotel. There are a good number of people on the beach, but it is not too crowded. The pool is not enormous, but it is also nice.

My stay at this hotel was wonderful. I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathleen D
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Kathleen D,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. I am excited to see you were able to enjoy the beachfront loaction and action of Miami Beach. I will pass along your comments to the service team. I hope we get a chance to meet upon your return visit to Miami Beach

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at this Courtyard (Cadillac) for 4 nights while vacationing in South Florida. We got a good (military) rate, which made the hotel much more affordable than some of the others on South Beach, but it definitely has its setbacks. Although we jogged the boardwalk down to Lincoln Road every morning, the hotel is not close to it. It would take us about 30-45 minutes to walk back after we got coffee. So it's not super close to the actual "South Beach". Ocean Drive is even further down, so be prepared to take taxis.

Although the hotel website states that there is construction going on at the hotel, for whatever reason we overlooked this when booking. I don't think that it would've deferred us from staying here, but we were just a bit surprised. Our fault though. However, upon check in, we were "upgraded" to an Ocean View room - so we thought, great, this is starting off good already! Well, surprise surprise, the construction is going on in the front of the hotel - so "upgrading" us to a room that was facing construction is not what I would consider a nice gesture. I would've much preferred to be "downgraded" to a room at the back of the hotel, far away from the noise of the construction. Although I suppose being woken up at 8 am by hammers every morning did have its benefits - we were able to get an early start to our days.

The pool at the hotel is small, the hot tub is smaller. The outside bar looked mediocre at best. Valet is expensive ($32/night) - but self parking is not much better ($28). We loved South Beach though, so I think next time, we'll opt for a different place to stay.

Room Tip: If you get "upgraded" to Ocean View, I'd suggest you decline. Ask for a room at the ba...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear VictoriaC515,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. We are extremely excited about the prospects of completing our new oceanfront tower. Unfortunately the work does start at 8am which is advertised on our website. I apologize if the room did not provide a great oceanview, we always attempt to provide our guests the best possible rooms experience. Our parking prices are very much in-line with the rest of Miami Beach. Lastly, we hope you return to visit us again in the future as we feel our property, with its oceanfront location and great amenities will be even greater when the new tower is completed.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

It has been the best Holiday i have ever had (Mauritius coming a close 2nd) the hotel was very clean, good food, the receptionist could not do enough for us,the pool lady (Lizette) and beach guys are lovely too (Marcus and Zac).we used to walk along the boardwalk every night to Lincolns rd which took us 1hr and another hour to walk back . Good exersice though.Plenty of restaurants in Lincoln rd anything you fancied eating you could find it there.A couple of blocks futher on and you would come to Ocean Drive where its all going on we had a drink at the Palace Bar and they put a Drag Show on sooooooooo funny.The Beach is out of this world. I would advise this Hotel to Friends and Family.For this time of year the weather was perfect. We stayed in room 810 which was overlooking the Beach .

Room Tip: ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Elaine006,

Thank You for choosing us during your visit to Miami Beach. I am sincerely excited that we were able to assist in making your holiday special. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Marcus, Zac and Lissette. We hope to see you soon in Miami Beach.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our family stayed here one night before taking a cruise. Check-in was easy and efficient. We were handed a paper detailing our pick up instructions for the next day for a 12 noon pick up. We got to the room to find someone else's luggage in our room. They were gracious about the error and we got our luggage asap. The next day when I checked the pick up instructions, I realized that they had given me the instructions for Norweigan cruise lines although we told them we were on Celebrity. It made for a little bit of a rush as that pick-up was 1/2 hour earlier than we had planned. The hotel is right on the beach and has a nice pool. It's at 39th street and most of the stores, etc. for South Beach are in the 16 - 17th Street area. There really isn't a lot near the hotel but there is a Walgreens about a block or two away for any incidentals. The hotel was a bit worn but it is an older hotel. People were friendly and the food in Carrabas was good and reasonably priced. I'm not sure I'd stay there again as I'd prefer to be further down on Collins Ave. (closer to Lincoln Road)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank NewEnglandMom

Dear NewEnglandMom,

Thank you for choosing us prior to your Cruise. I sincerely apologize for any confusion regarding your room assignment; I will be sure to review this with the staff. I also apologize regarding any confusion with your shuttle service to the cruise port. We do not book shuttle service from the property, this is handled from the cruiseline. If possible, please contact me so that we discuss this further (305-538-3373). Again, my apologies and i hope we are given another opportunity on your return visit to Miami Beach.