“Beware of wrong charges and major construction nearby” 1 of 5 stars

Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #89 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Weston, Florida
“Beware of wrong charges and major construction nearby”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights after coming back from Disney and before flying home. To start with, the hotel building is very old and seems to have been expanded over time and lacks modern ammenities, I have not seem the gym. The business center is in the lobby, there were 2 computers were you could sit, only one worked and another two that you had to use while standing. The restaurant where breakfast is served operates as a Carrabba's for lunch and dinner, it is from there that the food you order at the pool/beach bar comes and is fairly good, this was certainly the only good thing about this hotel. The pool is simple and small, very deep too so watch your kids, there was no lifeguard on duty, there are few chairs that get taken quickly and there was sun only in the mornings before the building casted its shade on it. But the worst part about the pool is that the hotel is expanding yet another section, so there is major construction going on all day long (incl. Sat.), the noise at the pool is unbearable. The area were the hotel sits is not very safe at night and even though the beach boardwalk is patrolled by security guards, many homeless people and junkies live there and also in the adjacent roads. It is not uncommon to be approached by them even at daytime asking for money. The worst part though was that they sent me the bill at checkout and also by e-mail, everything seemed to be in order, only a few days later I've realized they added another stay to my room and decided to charge it to my credit card without notice, trying to call the hotel during the day is useless, sometimes no one answers the phone, others they put you on hold and no one picks up and sometimes they say they will call you back but never do. I only got the wrongfull charges credited back to my CC after a month by contacting Marriott customer service because dealing with the hotel directly is pointless. All in all, it is a lot less than you would expect from a Marriott property, maybe they think they are that 50+ yrs old buiding and still living up to that age and standards.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear AndyTravelerrr,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. I apologize if there was a computer at the business center which did not work. We have 3 terminals and 3 operating PC's in addition to 2 quick print boarding pass stations. The pool is quite large by Miami Beach standards; and is the exsiting pool from the original build of this beautiful historically protected tower. Also, I am glad we were assist with your room charges, I apologize if it was difficult to find someone to assist. Please contact me at the hotel and I'd welcome the opportunity to find out more detail as we strive to improve our service. I hope you give us another chance on your return visit.

Joseph LaFleur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Old Iconic Hotel, great staff, good rooms, but requires some upgrades. Great ocean view but huge construction blocking the view. Great staff, location is a bit far from main streets in Miami Beach and South Beach, but I would still recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Alfredo B,

Thank You for staying with us while in Miami Beach. We appreciate your business and hope to see you during your next visit to Miami Beach. We feel one of our greatest assets is our Miami Beach location which is centrally located and easily accessible to the airport and local attractions as well as our adherence to the mid century modern design.

We hope to see you soon,

Best regards,

Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I only stayed at this hotel for one night: we checked in, got some sleep and checked out. We got an ocean view room with balcony and that was really amazing. The view was a little ruined by the construction works (new building belonging to the same hotel is being built), but nevertheless very nice. The very big pool area seemed nice from our room; unfortunately we did not get to try it.

The staff at reception was very friendly at helpful, and so were the valets.

The problem here are the rooms: surely very spaceous, but in desperate need of renovation; the furniture is old fashioned, the wall paper ancient; the bathroom run down, depressive! Small bugs everywhere by the sink... Blah!

Hopefully to the construction of the new building will follow some sort of renovation for this hotel.

Bottom line is: fine for a quick stop; I would not recommend it for a longer stay.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank MrsPerfectBerlin
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Mrs. PerfectBerlin,

Thank You for staying with us in Miami Beach. We always strive to improve our product and service, so we appreciate your candid feedback. I will make sure I deliver your message about the team as well as address your comments about the building and investigate the bugs by the sink. I do apologize for any inconvenience, I hope you give us another chance during your next visit to Miami Beach.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I didnt stay in this hotel but today, I was travelling from South Beach to the top of Collins Ave. The street was completely flooded and there was no way to cross on foot. Henry, who I can only assume is a valet or porter got into a hotel car and drove me to my destination! He knew I wasnt a hotel guest but he still went out of his way to help a damsel in distress! For this, I am very grateful! Thanks a million Henry, you're a gentleman and a credit to your employer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Ciara_Ni_Mhurchu
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Ciara,

We strive to provide a top tier level of service at this property. I am glad Henry showed off his true spirit to serve. I will kindly share this note with him.

Maastricht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The hotel itself is not new and a bit worn out, but the service was excellent. You feel yourself highly valued guest there. Staff at the reception and technical service were very hospital. For example: our safe box was broken and engineering person came to repair, we left him in the room working and after we came back there were several chocolate bars with short note, where he excused for inconvenience due to safe box malfunction. Same thing with reception - always smiling, asking if everything is ok. They arranged small events in the lobby every day - popcorn day, ice cream day, etc.
Territory is very small, just one pool, but we looked for ocean, so far these facts didn't bother us.
Whenever we come back to Miami Beach we will consider this hotels a first choice to stay.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank DctrG
Dear DctrG,

Thank You for choosing during your visit to Miami Beach. We are in the midst of adding a second pool and further expanding our already great offerings. I hope you have the chance to visit us again.

Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I visited Miami Beach for a recent business conference. When I checked in to the Marriott, Jaime was welcoming and went out of his way to make sure the accomodations were satisfactory. It was so refreshing to have such service after a long day of traveling! The room was clean with a convenient area for my laptop and papers. The free internet allowed my office VPN connection to work well. The bedding was clean and comfortable for a good night's rest, and the bathroom was cleaned spotless every day (and had luxurious Paul Mitchell products). The refrigerator in the room was cool enough for bottled water but not cold enough for milk, etc. (although I did not report this very minor issue).

The hotel is conveniently located a short ride away from the Miami Beach Convention Center and the South Beach hotels. For example, cab fare to the Loews/Ritz Carlton was $9 (plus tip). My cab fare from the Miami Airport was $35 and to the Fort Lauderdate Airport was $75 (plus tips).

On my last day, I was able to spend time on the beach. The hotel has a convenient board walk to the beach, and the Tiki bar provides quick refreshment. I rented a beach chair and canopy from Vinny Ortega. He had a clean, professional appearance and was most accommodating on the placement of my chair. Vinny would check and make sure all was well in a friendly and non-annoying manner. Traveling alone, his thoughful service was much appreciated as it made me feel safer and more comfortable while away from home.

I really enjoyed my room, the mix of modern convenience and historic details of the hotel, the location, and most of all the friendly and attentive staff! Thank you for making my stay in Miami Beach a pleasantly memorable one! (Please especially thank Jaime and Vinny!)

Dear Carol C,

Thank You for visiting us in Miami Beach. After a long day of traveling it is truly nice to have someone greet you with a smile, I will be sure to share your comments with Jaime. I will also pass this along to Vinny as he does a great job on the beach. Lastly, our in-room coolers are not refrigerators, they act as colling units and are great for beverages, but not items like medicine or perishables.

Thank You again for staying with us. I hope to see you back in Miami Beach.

Best Wishes,

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was at the hotel earlier this month for a conference. I'm a loyal Marriott guest and was immediately welcomed by Efrain when I arrived in Miami at 730am. He was great and able to put me in a great room overlooking the ocean and pool at that time. Having the comfort of a room after travelling all night on a red-eye was a great delight! Thank you Efrain!

Marcus, the beach mgr and Nayla, pool attendant were very friendly and fun to talk to. They made my stay comfortable especially after a long day at a work conference. You guys are great!
Your bell staff was great, always courteous and tended to all my needs for directions and places to visit! Thank you!

Though the construction sight and noise wasn't great, the staff made all the difference. It made my first trip to Miami the best! Hope to see you all again! Please let your staff know of my comments!

Tommy L

Dear Tommy L,

Thank You for choosing us during your visit to Miami Beach. I will be sure to pass this note along to Efrain, Marcus and Nayla as well as the Bell Staff. We hope to see you in the near future.