“Penthouse View of Pool and Atlantic Ocean from our balcony”

Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #81 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Penthouse View of Pool and Atlantic Ocean from our balcony”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We spent five nights at this Courtyard and had a fantastic time. The staff is as accommodating as you can get and go the extra mile to ensure your stay is nothing short of amazing. The rooms are spectacular, we were upgraded to an ocean view room on a top floor. We had a king bed, private balcony and pure luxury. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the housekeeping staff did a great job.

The view from our room was spectacular and we enjoyed the beach, pool area and spending time at the Carrabas Tiki Bar on the Marriott property. You have easy access to the Boardwalk and can easily walk to the attractions of South Beach from the hotel.

We cannot wait to return to this venue and hope to spend more time.

PROS:
Rooms
View
Ocean
Beach
Tiki Bar
Hot Tub
Staff
Location

CONS:
Valet Parking is expensive and parking is at a premium in the area
Surrounding area is expensive.
Plumbing is a little slow

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and get a room with an Ocean View, definitely worth the money. You won't re...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ken D
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Ken D,

I appreciate your kind words. As is customary at this hotel, we review all comments with hotel staff so that we may continue to improve our guest service. Also, I agree with your take on valet parking, it is expensive everywhere in Miami Beach as our beautiful historic hotels typically do not have on-site parking, thus forcing the hotels to charge higher premiums. Our property is still considered to be on the low end as we base our valet charges on our competitive set of hotels.
Thank You for choosing us while staying in Miami Beach and Thank You for staying at Marriott Hotels!

Joseph LaFleur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Patterson, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Upon entering our room, we noticed that our room was rather dusty. We immediately contacted the Manager Joe, who was very apologetic and upgraded us to a better room, (included a few discounts) with view of the pool/ocean. That was important to us because we were in town to tend to a sick relative and our rest is important to us. the restaurnat facilities were very good, the staff were very friendly and attentive in every way.

The vintage decor of the place is really charming, temporarily transporting us to another time and place, so to speak. The pool facilities were good, and I would like to commend two gentlemen in particular, Marcos and Eddie, who were very attentive and were very cordial and helpful in accomodating us for a great time at the beach, by having towels available, and setting up chairs and umbrellas.

The valet staff was very helpful band friendly, just make sure you give yourself 20-30 minutes for your car to be available for you.

We noticed that there is a new addition being built. I'll most certainly return to see what the place will look like.

Room Tip: choose rooms on the east side of the hotel/ ocean/pool views. beware of the construction of a new a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Manuel L
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Manuel L,

It was great meeting you while here in Miami Beach. I do apologize about the first room, I am glad we were able to turn your visit into a positive stay. I hope you return to Miami Beach and most importantly our hotel. I will share your comments with Marcos and Eddie as well as the housekeeping team at the property.

Best Wishes and Hope to see you back soon

-Joseph LaFleur
Dundee Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here for four nights 29th Aug - 3rd Sept with my husband ,great staff very welcoming and helpful. The Happy hour or should I say Happy three hours at the Tikki bar is great 4pm until 7pm every day, the hotel has a Carrabas restaurant and the Tikki bar serves food from there but a smaller Menu and the food is delicious, Carrabas food is also top notch we loved it.The rooms are lovely and spotless good toiletries and a great view of the beach from our room,there is construction going on but it did not bother us it is covered of from the pool so sitting at the pool is lovely, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JanDundeeScotland
Dear JanDundeeScotland,

Thank You for staying with us and visiting Miami Beach. We appreciate your comments and will review them with the team at the property. We hope to see you back at the hotel very soon.......

Rome, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

My daughter and I stayed this past Sunday night and had a wonderful experience. As our upgraded room was not quiet ready, we were given tickets for two free drinks. As a Gold member, we got a draw a card and got a free beach chair. The room was very nice, the staff excellent. We had lunch at the Cantina at the Ritz Carlton and the staff at the Courtyard were so far above our lunch experience, they could teach the Ritz staff what customer service is. Keep up the good work!! Best stay ever on South Beach.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to ocean front and had a balcony. Other than construction next door which I was awa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank divenhike2002
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Divenhike 2002,

We appreciate the comments. I am proud of your feedback and will share with the team at the Hotel. I hope to see you back in Miami Beach and at the Hotel Cadillac (Miami Beach Courtyard).

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was our fourth visit to the Courtyard. This time we came with three friends who had not been before. We stayed here for 3 weeks and as before we were not disappointed. The staff are extremley helpfull in every part of the hotel. The resturant manager heard that one of our party enjoyed having baked beans with his breakfast, from the next day every morning he had baked beans :-). The variety at breakfast was good and plentiful.
The hotel is very clean, the rooms are quite spacious with 2 queen beds, linen was changed every 2 days and towels changed daily, you just had to ask for more and they were brought to you.
The reception was light and bright and you could always get a coffee either for free for a few hours in both the morning and afternoon or from Starbucks. the reception staff were very helpfull and attentive.
The pool area is great, smaller than last year due to the construction, but still plenty of beds and umbrellas. There was noise from the construction site, which we knew about before travelling, but if it got too noisy at any time we just walked down to the beach.
Lizette at the pool was great and always made sure we had enough towels and kindly brought us courtesy of the hotel, pop ices, and cool drinks, which were most welcome during the heat of the day.
Even during the hurricane we were entertained as the General Manager Joe had been out and bought lots of games, possibly for the children,but us adults enjoyed them as well :-)
There is lots to do in Miami and some great resturants only a short cab ride away from the hotel.
We will definately be returning again in the future and look forward to staying in the the new wing of the hotel.

Room Tip: High room overlooking the pool, you get a wonderful view if the ocean. Ocean Drive, Lincoln Road...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank shnookle
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Gerry, Neville, Sue, Hannah and most importantly Lee,

I had a great time meeting and getting to know you. I appreciate the fact that no matter what happens you always enjoy your time with a smile. I truly hope that we get an opportunity to see you back in Miami. On your next visit we will ensure our baked beans are home cooked and ready upon Lee's arrival. I must say, it was truly a pleasure! Please stay in touch.......

Best, Joe
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I had not taken a vacation since our honeymoon three years ago, so this vacation was so enjoyable. When we arrived, we had men greet us to help us with our bags, which was very welcoming. One guy named Marco at the door went and got us change for the cab. I was so thankful for that! The front desk was very helpful as we checked in and got a list of places to eat in the area. The pool area was gorgeous with even free water and lemonade available. There was a pool bar and an on-site Carrabba's restaurant. We ate at the Carrabba's our last night and it was wonderful. Our room was very nice with a great, comfortable bed. The shower had a curved rod and plenty of room. The housekeeping was on top of every request from changing towels to taking out trash.

One funny moment was when I had to replace a bandage on my injured foot, and I asked the front desk for some scissors. The only problem was that I knew I would need the scissors each morning. After I explained the situation, Ivan and Jamie handed me some scissors and told me to keep them in my room the entire trip so I would have them. They went over and beyond! I also met Joe, who took the time to get to know my husband and I.

I will definitely come back here! Shout outs to Jamie, Ivan, Marco, and Joe!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Leslie K
Dear Leslie K,

I am truly excited to have had the opportunity to meet you and your husband. I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team. I hope we have the opportunity to host you again soon!

Best Regards, Joseph LaFleur
Heidelberg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard Miami Beach as a family (2 rooms) during this summer holiday. My partner had stayed there before, and chose to stay here again because of his previous good experience. It is wonderfully situated - one walks from the hotel, to the pool, to the beach. The area that the hotel is in is also quieter than Ocean Drive, which is equally not too far away.
Unfortunately we experienced a few problems, beginning with not being given the rooms (on the same floor) that we had originally booked. (Minor, but not minor after a long, arduous journey from Belgium.) Thankfully the reception staff shuffled us around and the rooms we received were on the same floor and good (perfectly good, "usual" hotel room, with nice finishing touches, and very clean.)
A very loud drilling sound awoke us the next morning - apparently one was warned about the hotel renovations on the hotel website, but unfortunately we did not see this - the hotel is being extended and building was going on, just outside, next to the pool. Argh.
As our room was on the pool side, we asked to be moved higher up, for less morning noise. We were moved to a higher room, with a balcony.
The building meant that lazing at the pool was out of the question. No iPod could mask the sound of the building. (The pool, otherwise, is lovely.) So we spent much of our time at the hotel in the sea, and here it is fabulous - clean, clear, sandy.
Breakfast is very good - a huge selection in a large enough restaurant. Lunch or a drink at the bar between the pool and the beach is also good - nice menu, relaxed and casual.
The staff at the hotel were generally kind and efficient, although when a problem arose, or at any comment about the building going on, they seemed to be on the defensive. It was probably just a difficult time for all! It may have been a nice gesture for the hotel to offer something in compensation for the building, such as a discount, or a free breakfast, etc.
All in all a good hotel - we would probably stay there again (location being the huge plus) and I certainly would recommend it (barring any building / renovation, of course!).

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool / sea with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelBee_11
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear TravelBee11,

Thank You for staying with us again, we truly appreciate the repeat business. As a fellow traveler, I would want peace and quiet, so I understand your frsutration with the noise. Please know that there are periods of quiet, it just depends on the phase of the project. As a property we are attempting to accomoodate all of our guests and will continue to do so up until completion. Lastly, I apologize for the challenges you faced while here at the property, but know that once this project is completed we want you to return.

Sincerely, Joseph LaFLeur