“Nice place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach Oceanfront

You added Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach Oceanfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3925 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there all last week and it was very nice, again. Construction going on ie expansion which has an impact on views, noise, breakfast etc but overall a great location, great staff and a very clean hotel. The tiki bars a bit tired as is caraba's but great atmoshere. The only real down side is the valet rate of $30 plus per night, ooouch.

Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear RCrumb,

Thank You for choosing the Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront. I see that you are a repeat guest; on behalf of the team at the hotel - Thank You for staying with us again! As you mentioned in your comments, we are in the process of building a great new oceanfront tower which will become the centerpeice of the area, and we hope that you continue to experience our growth.

Sincerely, Joseph LaFleur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Vilanova i la Geltru, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Nice place,comfortable rooms.The hotel has exit to the beach.You can choose beach or pool in 1 minute.
Nice pool bar too and very helpful staff.
Yummy breakfast

Room Tip: Beautiful rooms and nice views
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear LaurayJordi,

Thank You for staying with us all the way from Spain. We value your feedback and hope that you continue to travel back to Miami Beach.

Tucson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed here for one night on May 26th before heading to Ft Lauderdale for a crusie on the Allure of the Seas the next day. The hotel was nice an clean but the staff was unfriendly and very distracted. I had long waits to get to talke to someone. But the overall stay was ok. I came from the airport right to the hotel and used valet parking, leaving my rental overnight. Two months later I receive 2 statements from www.Hertzrentalfine.com. After doing some research, I discoverd my rental got two parking tickets from where the valet parked the car and on top of that they never let me know I got the ticket so now I owe Dade County $43.00 x 2 and Hertz charged me $30.00 x 2 to process those tickets. Just crazy

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Edge2bono
, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Edge2bono,

I apologize you experienced unfriendly and non-attentive service at the hotel, this is not the level of service we strive to attain. I would also ask that you contact the hotel at 305-538-3373 and ask for Henry Angulo (Parking Manager), so that we may investigate the parking tickets. Lastly, we truly apologize that your 1 night in Miami Beach did not live up to expectation; I understand your frustration and hope that you give us a second chance in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed at the courtyard for 3 nights last week and had a very positive experience. The hotel is very conveniently located steps away from the beach. The staff are very courteous and accommodating to requests. Special thanks to John Lynch and his Spanish colleague (did not catch his name unfortunately) who were very professional and helpful, and also to Marcus the beach manager. The rooms are very clean and are a decent size and well maintained. Overall had a good stay and would definitely come back. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Marwa9
, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Marwa9,

We appreciate you staying with us at the Miami Beach Courtyard Oceanfront. I will pass your comments to the team, especially John and Marcus.

Thank You for choosing us and we hope to see you back in Miami Beach.

Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I had read the reviews before leaving (about construction) but decided to stay here anyway as I'm a Platinum Marriott member.

First the manager sent me an email saying if I needed anyting for my stay to let him know. I sent him back a message saying I needed an early check-in due to flights and a late checkout a couple days later (I was attending a conference). He obliged and said he would also put a coupon in for a free beach chair for a day ($10) for me as well. That was a nice touch. Thanks John Lynch.

When I arrived the front desk staff was great even though it was 10:30am for my 4pm check-in. They said they could give me a room but it was lower and near the construction. They said they had upgraded me to the top floor, with balcony, and if I could wait an hour they would have it ready. I said "sure", changed in the bathroom, left my luggage with them, and headed out to the pool. 30 minutes later they called me and said the room was ready and my luggage had been brought up.

Pool - It is decent size but right next to the construction so not very relaxing. The hot tub fits about 3 people comfortably.

Carabbas - The restaurant between the pool and the boardwalk is a nice outdoor area and great bar. The prices are really high so be ready for that. Along with the construction noise this can get annoying. I had a salad with fish on top which was fresh and very tasty. That and a drink was about $32.

The Boardwalk - This is great for a walk in the morning or early evening when it cools off. It is a long walk to either the Lincoln Mall area or South Beach. Plan on 45 minutes if you walk. I enjoyed it.

The beach - The beach is very nice and the water crazy warm. It is much nicer if you rent the chairs as the pool towels are not very big.

Because of the construction you get to pick a prize out of the hat. I received a free pool chair again so was good for both days.

Around the hotel there is not very much to do or places to eat. The deli across the street is good for a quick bite but you will be cabbing or walking.

Enjoyed my stay and the staff was great. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff C
Dear Jeff C,

Thank You for staying with us and Thank You for being a Marriott Platinum Rewards Member. I will pass along your feedback to the team as we continually strive to progress in our service delivery each day. I am glad you decided to stay with us and hope to see you back in Miami Beach.

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed here again for yearly trip to Sony Ericsson Tennis. I believe there is a new manager and is now under construction. Main problem we had was not getting a balcony when it was requested and confirmed prior to arrival. Working with Manager took care of that issue although it took several hours working with front desk to take care of. The location still works for us, on the boardwalk and beach. Valet parking was also a problem for us but no other choice really. The outside dining was just ok, were out of side we ordered and instead of saying that, just 'substituted'.

Ended up leaving earlier than planned.

Room Tip: if balcony is option, follow-up (and get names of who you speak with) to confirm. Higher floor is b...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Pricelessxx,

I apologize that we were unable to meet your inital request of a balcony guestroom. I understand that having a balcony guestroom overlooking our beautiful sandy beach is a great way to spend your time on Miami Beach; if I were visiting the beach, I would want the same. We always attempt to meet each guest's request, unfortunately the balcony rooms are our most requested room type. I am glad that we were eventually able to move you to a balcony room. Also, our offsite parking lot has changed to a closer position, thus providing each guest a faster arrival time for each vehicle.

Thank You for choosing the Miami Beach Courtyard Oceanfront,

Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Very loud demo and pile drivers as we sit by the pool right now. It will be under construction for months. Nice pool and beach. Not close to so beach hot spots.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank zamdog
, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Zamdog,

I apologize for the noise you are experiencing at the hotel. We are attempting to control the amount of noise and alleviate any possible disruption. The construction is currently in a phase where we are dismantling the old structure in order to erect the new oceanfront tower. I am available at any time to talk about this (if you are still at the hotel). As always I appreciate you choosing this property and want you to return.

Joseph LaFleur