“Nice rooms, beautiful pool area if you're lucky enough to use it.”

Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #80 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Booked and paid for an Oceanfront King directly through the hotel website since they offer best price guaranteed. Since I'm a Marriott Rewards member, I requested a high floor room with extra pillows. 10 days prior to our arrival, I received an email from Guest Relations asking if I had any special requests. I asked for an early check in if available, they replied promptly and told me if it was available, I could have it. Once we arrived, we were immediately checked in, at noon, and sent up to room 501. While it certainly was oceanfront, you could barely see the beach or ocean through the rooftop and parking lot below. We immediately called the front desk and said we would rather wait for our high floor room and were told it may be a few hours which we agreed to. Took the elevator back downstairs and suddenly, an oceanfront room on the 8th floor (room 808) was available. This room was still overlooking the roof and parking lot below but we had a much better view of the pool, ocean and beach. It also had a balcony which the first room did not which was a big plus!

ROOMS: Very spacious and clean. Definitely updated since we stayed here last back in 2007. Everything worked fine with the exception of our cell phones which is probably no fault of the hotel. Wifi worked perfectly but did take a little time to figure out. When you try to get on, it looks like you have to pay but you just need to check the box that says free for a day which is written very small. On Saturday night, we did have an issue with the wall socket in the bathroom. Apparently, too many of us on that floor had our flat irons and hair dryers going at the same time and someone blew a circuit. I called the front desk and someone arrived in minutes to check it out and the problem was resolved shortly thereafter. Other than that, no complaints. I was very happy with the room.

POOL: One of the largest in the area, other than the Fountainbleu of course but we could not get a chair one single day during our 5 days. We visit Cancun twice a year and are aware of the towel game but have never seen it played in Miami before. It was being played here. We woke up at 8 am one morning and went down to find towels on every chair. Walked past at 11 am and some towels were still folded on the chairs with magazines but noone had used them yet. Needless to say, we ended up having to spend $30 a day for chairs and an umbrella on the beach. I found this to be a little annoying and I think they should definitely try to find a solution for it. I don't mind in Cancun because I don't have to pay to use chairs on the beach but $30 extra per day was a little excessive. Especially when the pool chairs weren't being used.

BEACH SERVICE: Spotty at best. There was only one guy serving food from Carrabbas so he was pretty slow. It's not his fault because the beach is pretty big in this area and quite crowded. Frozen drinks were already watered down when they arrived and food was delivered in a brown paper bag. After one day of that, we stopped drinking on the beach altogether and ordered take out from La Sandwicherie. They charge $3 to come that far but it was well worth it because they have the best sandwiches in South Beach and they are very reasonably priced. I was able to order right online from the beach which was another huge plus in my book!

All in all, there was nothing wrong with this hotel. I would have preferred a room over the pool but hey, you can't always get everything you want. I would have preferred not to pay $30 a day for the use of beach chairs but again, can't win em all. I was also disappointed that they do not have 24 hour room service. In fact, they barely have room service at all. I chose this hotel, however, for the resort feel by the pool and didn't get to experience that with paper bag food and shoddy beach service so I probably wouldn't stay here again. I was just in Sunny Isles at an amazing hotel a few weeks ago so maybe I'm just being picky. I would recommend to a friend though, with a few warnings of course. If you're just looking for a nice room with a cozy bed to sleep at night, by all means, this is perfect. I just wanted a little more. Another thing, you will get a menu twice a day under your door from a pizza delivery place. Do yourself a favor and do not order from them. The food was terrible.

Room Tip: Pay for it.
5  Thank BeachBlondie
Write a ReviewReviews (2,349)

Reviewed May 5, 2011

The price for the hotel was great ($250, when most hotels in the same location where $350++), perfect location on the beach! the customer services was awesome, i was on my 5 year anniversary w my husband and they upgraded us to a beautiful oceanfront suite! Thank you Courtyard Miami Beah, we'll be back for more weekend vacations!!!!!

1  Thank Michulina
Reviewed May 3, 2011

This was our second stay here.
My husband and I booked a hotel right across the street from a wedding we were attending. Mistake! After two nights we left and realized Marriott was within walking distance of the wedding. We have AAA discount so the rate wasn't too bad. Still overpriced, but most hotels are in this area.
We were lucky and got the former penthouse suite that had been converted to two separate rooms. It was great. I couldn't have asked for anything better. And for the rate we paid, it was a steal. We hadn't booked this room intentionally.
We always try to book at Marriott's when we travel. We know we can get a clean room and good service for a decent price. And all Marriott's are NON SMOKING. This is another reason why we choose Marriott's.
The lobby is always bustling with people and it seems very family friendly. Walk to the beach from a nice courtyard and pool area. It's not too close the South Beach proper but then you would pay more $$ for that area.
Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: If you have AAA or Rewards #, definitely use.
2  Thank KJW_40
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I go to SoBe every year and from a "veteran" I will tell you that this hotel is AWESOME! From check-in till departure, the hotel exceeded the expectations of my husband and I and there is no doubt we will definitely stay here again. We stayed April 28th through May 1. CHECK-IN: When we arrived (around Noon on Thursday), our Front Desk Agent was kind and friendly, greeted us with a smile and informed us that our room was ready. Next to us, we overheard another hotel guest who was upset and complaining over something trivial regarding her room key. The additional Front Desk Agent handled the customer's complaints and gripes with class and decorum. It speaks volumes (at least to me) when you have someone yelling at you and your response is to calm the person down and solve the problem, rather than retaliate with a raised voice of your own. To me, that says, "classy establishment." ROOM: We had a King Room with a City View on the 10th floor. Even for a city view, our view was great. Downtown Miami's skyline is so pretty at night! The Ocean View rooms are probably gorgeous. The room itself was spacious and clean, with ample closet space and a huge, comfy, king-sized bed. The bathroom was also large, clean and stocked with all the amenities one would need, including lovely-scented bath products. Great shower and plenty of hot water. Temperature-wise, the thermostat was easily adjustable and kept the room cool and comfortable. And, for someone like me who likes "white noise" to fall asleep, there is a manual fan option (which I loved). The fan was just enough soft noise to lull me to sleep. FOOD: The breakfast each morning was outstanding (best bacon I've ever had). The Tiki Bar was our favorite. We were there once (if not twice) each day for either lunch and/or cocktails. The bartenders / waitstaff are friendly and accomodating. The little nibbles were delicious (definitely a great cheeseburger, seviche and salads). We ate dinner once at the Carrabba's Italian Grill restaurant, which was delicious, and the service was outstanding. BEACH / POOL: We didn't use the pool, but each time we walked by, it was clean and sparkling (as was the hot tub). The poolside cabaña where you pick up your beach towels was always staffed with someone very kind and pleasant, and even offered cold ice water to cool off in the hot sun. The beach is directly behind the hotel. It's gorgeous and quiet. Staff members of Carrabba's restaurant will even circulate the beach area with menus and bring food / cocktails to you beachside. OVERALL IMPRESSION: If you desire staying right in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Collins / Ocean Drive, then this is not the hotel for you. It is a $10 cab ride each way to the "main drag" of South Beach. But, if you want to party all night on Ocean Drive, then retreat back to a quiet sanctuary to recharge your batteries, then this is definitely the place!

1  Thank nmanning
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We stayed during the very busy dates of Apr. 20-24th. The hotel is an older historic hotel which has been nicely renovated with an updated look and feel. All of the staff members (front desk, indoor/outdoor restaurant staff, pool and valet staff, housekeeping and security personnel) we encountered during our stay were very friendly, polite and helpful. This hotel is in a very nice and safe area and a short walk (about three tenths of a mile) via the boardwalk to the Fontainebleau Hotel. We had really wanted to stay at the Fontainebleau but they were booked. We looked around and were very pleased with our stay at the Courtyard Marriott as the hotel was so packed the people were covering every inch of space! The Courtyard was fairly booked as well but we always managed to find a space at the pool. We also enjoyed direct access to the beach where we rented real nice chairs and an umbrella for a day.

Our room; oceanfront with balcony on the ninth floor (916) was very clean upon arrival. It’s located right beside a set of elevators that are shut down during the night so no problems with the noise. Actually, we never heard the elevators at anytime while in our room. The king bed was comfortable, the room was spacious and well decorated, the bathroom very clean and the shower had very good water pressure. Housekeeping actually left a bag with fresh towels and shower items hanging on our door every day we had the do not disturb sign out. I’ve stayed in some very nice hotels and never has housekeeping left fresh towels!

Food; Take a short four tenths of a mile walk across the little bridge and you’ll find some good eats at the “Latin Café”. We also enjoyed Carrabas (on site) outdoor cabana style restaurant several times for lunch and cold adult beverages. We drove 15 + mins. into South Beach and had dinner and drinks at the Cardozo Restaurant. They have very large drinks and the food was so good we went back for a second trip and had the Paella! It’s not on the menu; you have to ask for it…also the Paella for one was way more than enough for the two of us. We drove into Key Largo one day and had dinner at the “Fish House” we eat hear every time we come to Miami! We also had a scrumptious dinner at “Joes Stone Crab” one night. Great trip! Can’t wait to go again!

3  Thank micheleboys
Reviewed April 26, 2011

The location was great; i.e., right on the beach and just a couple blocks away from good inexpensive Latin Cafes and last minute shopping for those catching a cruise the next day. Checking in and out of the hotel was quick and easy. The service was excellent, from the front desk staff, the attendees at the pool/lounge/ valet parking and waiters at the restaurant. The valet parking was a bit expensive but trying to find parking on the weekend in South Beach is to say the least a challenge/adventure. The room was very clean, comfortable and well decorated. We had a city view and although Collins Ave had heavy traffic throughout the night we were able to get a nice quite rest. Their breakfast buffet is quite good and reasonably priced. Overall our short stay was very enjoyable and we would definitely stay again at this hotel.

Room Tip: there is ample public transportation available
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Right on boardwalk, right on beach. Rooms are pricey, but all of them are. Restaurant on premises, can eat inside or out. You can park on street & save on valet - JUST BE SURE TO PUT MONEY IN STARTING AT 8 am. Front desk staff is customer service oriented.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple